[Finished]Trap Monster Contest

Awesum13

Trap monsters are the goal of this contest, and the rules are very simple.

1. the only judges are me and TEM23, since he won my gambling contest.
  2. fee is nothing if you have one star, 3 points if you have 2-4 stars, and 5 points if you have more than 4 stars, though donations are allowed.
  3. you must make at least 5 trap monsters
  4. trap monsters must be continuous traps, with the standard trap monster effect.
  5. we will judge 50% on appearance, 30% on execution of trap monster, and 20% on overall look.
  6. prizes go 50% to first, 30% to second, and 20% to third.
  7. if there are not enough posting, we will keep any points not distributed.
  8. all contestants must pay the fee BEFORE memorial day (5/26 EST) and all card entries must be in BEFORE fathers day (6/15 EST)

pot:

0 points

contestants:

none

I won't join this, but I come with some advice

I saw you hosted several contests recently, and there were not so many ppl join them, right? The main reason for that problem is your requirement, why the f*** your contestants need to make at least 5 cards? (or almost 10 for your previous contests) Reduce the requirement to just exactly 1 card and you'll see the change

I saw you hosted several contests recently, and there were not so many ppl join them, right? The main reason for that problem is your requirement, why the f*** your contestants need to make at least 5 cards? (or almost 10 for your previous contests) Reduce the requirement to just exactly 1 card and you'll see the change

Bouncing off of this, your time allotted is enormous and unnecessary; most people will forget about this contest by the time the date rolls around.

And that isnt even mentioning your weird grading rubric and ridiculous point-keeping clause.

Bouncing off of this, your time allotted is enormous and unnecessary; most people will forget about this contest by the time the date rolls around.

And that isnt even mentioning your weird grading rubric and ridiculous point-keeping clause.

fine, I'll keep it in mind. I want my contests to push their creativity, and you can't really do that with one card. I also don't like judging based off a single card, I can't get a good impression of that person's personality unless I see more than one card at a time.

fine, I'll keep it in mind. I want my contests to push their creativity, and you can't really do that with one card. I also don't like judging based off a single card, I can't get a good impression of that person's personality unless I see more than one card at a time.

Personality should be irrelevant. If you want to push creativity either make a really interesting requirement for the card or make a really vague requirement and see where they take it.

You can very easily push creativity with one card. If you couldnt, all of these other successful contests would not have only needed one card.

Personality should be irrelevant. If you want to push creativity either make a really interesting requirement for the card or make a really vague requirement and see where they take it.

You can very easily push creativity with one card. If you couldnt, all of these other successful contests would not have only needed one card.

well, I want people to do more than make one simple card they are never going to use again. These contests also allow the competitors to have a head start should they want to continue this further, beyond that of the contest, and perhaps make a full deck.

well, I want people to do more than make one simple card they are never going to use again. These contests also allow the competitors to have a head start should they want to continue this further, beyond that of the contest, and perhaps make a full deck.

Alright, then no one will join. Long as you are OK with that.

Question

50% on appearance, 20% on overall look, and 30% on content?

Isn't that just pretty much 70% on looks alone, and with it, 70% of the rubric being really subjective?

As for the number of cards required, perhaps 3, but I can see why more than one. My only problem is the rubric, really.

Archived