Ten Days Contest (Finished)

wightpower

[spoiler=Card]

image.png

Can be Special Summoned (from the Hand) if your opponent controls 2 monsters and you control none. If your opponent activates a card effect, and you have no LIGHT monsters in your Graveyard: you can banish 2 cards from your Graveyard with the same type (Monster, Spell, Trap); negate and destroy the card. When this card is destroyed: Special Summon 1 "Split Demon Token" (Fiend/DARK/Level 3/1000/1000) to each player's side of the field. The controller of a "Split Demon Token" must send 2 cards from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard in order to declare an attack.

[/spoiler]

Finally, here's my entry, sorry that it took so long, I just didn't want to make another level 1 hand trap so:

9KMktGW.jpg

If you only control 1 card on your side of the field, you can send that card to the graveyard to Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Special Summoned by its own effect, your opponent sends cards from either their Monster Card Zone or their Spell & Trap Card Zone to the grave until they only control 1 card in that zone, depending on what card type (Monster or Spell/Trap) was used to summon this card. You can only use the effect of "One-Man Vanguard" once per turn, during either player's turn.

In case the wording is unclear,  to use his effect you tribute the only card you control (the 1 card), then reduce the same type of card tribute on your opponent's side of the field to 1. once per turn. It also says send not destroy as that's probably more useful, and balances the fact that your opponent chooses what stays and goes. Also, the standard 1 in its name and ATK/DEF points.

F2NEZjK.jpg

People don't seem to be giving the love to Normal Monsters.

Totally not obvious biblical reference

It is said that: on the fifth day, of the fifth month, of the fifth year, an angel will fall, and the Earth will be torn asunder. Man will be at its weakest, and those who forsook their faith will rule. With her falling, she will guide the 500 to salvation. Though, many things are said...

Judgement!

This contest had a much better turnout than I expected. Almost all of you used the numbers you were assigned to great effect. I'm happy to say that this was one of the hardest contests I've ever judged. These were some great cards. For that matter, I'm arranging these reviews in order of when you submitted your cards, with the prizes you get listed along with the ones I liked best:

Sharpretina24 (#6, "Techno Portal to the Sixth Dimension"): This one was tough. I don't rate against OCG when I do these, but this was still kind of hard to read at times. I'm glad you added more effects for your number and added more negatives, but that first effect that lets all Machines return when used as Fusion Material still irks me. I'm happy that it works for both the player and the opponent, but it takes away the cost of Fusion Summoning, and allows you to swarm the field if using a Machine-deck. If your opponent isn't using Machines, you could probably OTK them with this in a Cyber Dragon deck. It still feels like the gains too far outweigh any risk in playing it, and the only way it becomes balanced is if both players are using Machines and Fusion Monsters. I appreciate the changes you made, but I still didn't really like the end result.

Gadjiltron: (#4, "Bringer of Misfortune"): I said it before, but I really liked this one. You did well with your number, and your card is both over-loaded with references to the number four as well as ways to manipulate the large number of Rank/Level 4 monsters in the game proper. Really well-done. Winner: 2nd Place

Electric Wizard: (#3, "Eldritch Chimera, Zsthanatt"): This was a pretty cool idea. Image was really metal, and the varied effects playing up your number and its multiples was a great way to go about it. A really well-designed Fusion Monster with a ton of versatility.

Aez (#9, "Ambassador of Dimension 9"): I also really liked the multiple effects and variety from this one. I felt like this one might actually be underpowered, especially compared to others in this contest, and even other Level 9 monsters. That's not exactly a negative for me, though. Part of me felt this card was kind of bland, but I can't think of how you could've improved it. Great job with your number, and I can still see this getting use with the proper support.

Degritone (#7, "Hidori of the Seven Elements"): Dammit, no more name changes during my contests. It keeps confusing me. Anyway, I was going to deduct you points for using a Genzoman image and one of Korra, but then you credited the artist, so it's all good. Thank you for that. I'm fine with giving her DIVINE as one of her possible attributes. The effect to lose an attribute to gain an effect was actually a really interesting idea, and I don't know if they've ever tried that on a real card before. Really innovative. I also thank you for not making a "cannot be Normal Summoned or Set" card. I'll take a simple-to-summon 7-Star any day. Winner: 3rd Place

Poseidonbt (#10, "The Nature's Mistake: Entrance to the Tenth Hell"): I had to laugh after what I just posted in the previous entry. Anyway, this had a very simple effect, but useful if played correctly. Stacking your deck with high-DEF monsters would turn this into serious powerhouse, and I appreciate the difficulty in getting it on the field. Might be a dead draw at times, but I like the risk. Good use of your number.

Aqua Hina (#8, "Over Top Clear Mind"): Love seeing Synchro support these days. That said, this is a fun idea to quickly summon a Synchro through your Graveyard, but it also felt way too situational to be useful. I don't know how likely it is these days for players to have more than 8 cards in their hands, but I rarely have duels that get to that, and I feel like this card would be too difficult to activate to get any milage out of. It was a fun use of your number, but I don't think it's as splashable as some of the other cards here.

Seattleite (#2, "Dimensional Bifurcated Demon"): This was a really fun idea. Useful and chaotic, there was a lot to like about this one. You handled your number well while not letting it dominate its effects, and I really liked the split personality theme of it all. Great card. Winner: 1st Place

Empoledom (#1, "One-Man Vanguard"): This was another interesting idea. Part of me feels it might be a little too advantageous, though. Despite the monster's weak stats on its own and giving your opponent the choice of what they get rid of, this could potentially break their field. An awesome table-turner if ever I saw one, and extremely splashable, but I feel like more restrictions would've been good for this one's balance.

Therrion (#5, "Viisi - Fifth of the Fallen"): I always love seeing Normal Monsters. Really cool lore, and you used your number well for her stats and background, but I don't feel like I can award you the same level as the effect monsters. Again, I love to see more Normal Monsters, but I wouldn't feel right rewarding it over some of the effects that were presented by the others.

This was really tough to grade. You all did a great job with your cards, and I hope you'll join my next contest (whenever that happens). I want to see more good ideas from all of you again. I hope you had fun, and congratulations to the winners.

Consolation Prize for All of You: Because I like you guys a lot, here's what I'm going to do. For whatever my next contest it, you will each get free entry into it (This is a limited time offer). Hope to see you again whenever that happens.

Archived