[Finished]Quick Field Spell contest [FINISHED]

seattleite

Requirements: 

* Must be a Field Spell card

* Card cannot be archetype support (i.e. no Bujin, Firefist, etc.)

* Card must be relevant to the TCG. No mention of Pendulum monsters. Card will be judged with the TCG in mind.

Rubric /100:

Usability: 30

*Creativity: 30

Balance: 35

**OCG: 5

*A simple "All X gain Y ATK" effect is not very creative!

** I don't care about capitalization, just make sure the effect is easy to understand.

Rules:

* 6 max contestants

* If you join, you must post your card immediately. Your spot will not be saved.

* Written cards ARE allowed. No need to find an image, it's not even in the rubric!

Prize: 

1st: 300 points

2nd: 200 points

3rd: 100 points

Consolation: 25 points

Deadline: May 26th (Monday)

lSdCCr2.jpg

Image: Jazinkay

The effects of all Effect Monsters are negated. Both player's hand size limit becomes 5. The ATK and DEF of all face-up monsters becomes 1500 and 1000 respectively. When a monster attacks, its controller can activate the following effect: That monster gains 500 ATK until the end of the damage step. If this effect is activated: Their opponent draws 1 card.

FsbTvJ9.jpg

All monster on the field are considered to be Plant and Zombie-type in edition to their other types. Whenever a monster in it's owner possession is destroyed by your opponents card(either by battle or card effect) and sent to the graveyard; banish that monster instead. When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card effect and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into the Deck and lose 1000 life points.

Seal of Ichor

442994.jpg              

Effect: During each of your Standby Phases, pay 500 Life Points or destroy this card. All monsters in the Extra Deck are treated as Ritual Monsters. Their effects are negated. During their Main Phase: a player can target 1 Ritual Monster in their Extra Deck; send 1 Spell Card from their hand or field to the Graveyard and send monsters from their hand or field to the Graveyard whose total Levels are equal or greater than the Level of the target; Special Summon the target (this Summon is treated as a Ritual Summon).

Image by Kreeos: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Magic-Circle-79854004

ptsVC3e.jpg

Once per turn, during your End Phase: You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard that was sent there this turn; Special Summon that target. During your opponent's Main Phase, if you control a Special Summoned monster: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; negate the effect of all face-up monsters your opponent controls. During the End Phase of the turn you activated this effect: Your opponent draws cards equal to the number of face-up monsters they controls that was affected by this card's effect.

Heres my entry (im gonna send you the entry fee tomorrow)

Rokku the Impregnable Fortress

Everytime you are attacked by an opponent's monster , you can discard one monster from your hand , negate the attack and if the attacking monster was a warrior - type monster , draw one card. If you are attacked by an opponent's monster with 2500 ATK or more , you choose between one of these effects :
- Discard your entire deck and destroy the attacking monster

- Destroy this card

Heres my entry (im gonna send you the entry fee tomorrow)

Rokku the Impregnable Fortress

Everytime you are attacked by an opponent's monster , you can discard one monster from your hand , negate the attack and if the attacking monster was a warrior - type monster , draw one card. If you are attacked by an opponent's monster with 2500 ATK or more , you choose between one of these effects :
- Discard your entire deck and destroy the attacking monster

- Destroy this card

There's no entry fee

That's 6 people. I'll start judging.

[spoiler=OmegaWave]
Usability: 30
Creativity: 30
Balance: 25 (It's not a card you can just ignore, which is a good thing, but pretty much turns the game into 'whoever can swarm the most'. Shuts down a lot of decks, even if just for a turn)
OCG: 5

Total: 90
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=DA Alphamon]
Usability: 24 (It's quite a random assortment of effects, maybe by turning your cards into plantzombies you can do something while they're on the field, but I don't know of too much banished plant/zombie support.)
Creativity: 25 (I'm not seeing the cohesion, sorry)
OCG: 4 ("your opponent" ---> The opponent of Tree of Thorned Nightmares or the opponent of what destroyed the monster? I judged based on the latter, but it's a little ambiguous)

Total: 89
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=wightpower]
Usability:30 
Creativity:33 (The possibilities are endless. I like how it doesn't have to be just a gimmick - you could run this alongside Synchros that you can get out without this card. )
Balance: 30 (It's too bad dragon rulers and other easily summonable high-level monsters exist that give this possibly too much of a toolbox to work with) 

Total: 98
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Aqua Hina]
Usability: 35
Creativity: 30
Balance: 28 (Abusable with lightsworns, but thankfully not gamebreaking)

Total: 93
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Fierte]
Usability: 27 (A bit on the weak side, i.e. situational but can disrupt some decks pretty well)
Creativity: 20 (The second effect is just disruption and doesn't mesh with the first)

Total: 87

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Little Dragon 64]
Usability: 15 (It only reliably negates low atk monsters, at the hefty cost of a discard. The warrior clause is situational. Also 'discard your entire deck' is completely unusable as you'll lose the next turn.)
Creativity: 30 (Although most effects are unusable, they are creative..)
OCG: 4 (Can you use the first effect if you're attacked by a monster with 2500 ATK or more? It's a little unclear)

Total: 85
[/spoiler]

1st: wightpower
2nd: Aqua Hina
3rd: OmegaWave

Points have been sent. thanks everyone!

Archived