Reputation Spamming(CLOSED - Re-Creating In Another Thread - No More Posts)

Do You Agree With Me?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do You Agree With Me?

Ok, I've been looking at a lot of peoples Reputation Reports and I'm sick of all the Positive and Negative Reputation spam.:?

It is ok to give out Positive Reputation points but don't spam it. For example: If someone made me a Booster Pack that I thought was totally amazing I wouldn't end up giving them 5-7 Pos. Reputation points. I might give them several, such as 2 or 3 but that's the maximum I would give.:)

Now, onto Neg. Reputation points.

I've seen quite a few people with at least -5 or about -25 Neg. Reputation points for spam but to be honest, giving someone 4-7 Neg. Reputation points for spam IS spam. You see, you give out maybe 5 Neg. Reputation points for someone spamming but in the end YOUR the one who's spamming their Reputation Report.

Yeah I admit I have given out Neg. Reputation points but again, only 2 or 3 at the maximum because over 4 is just ridiculous.

That just about wraps up what I have to say but in the end I think this about handing out Reputation points:

Positive Reputation Points:

1. Giving out 1-3 Pos. Reps. - Great, they must be a wonderful person!

2. Giving out 4-6 Pos. Reps. - Its ok but try to stick with giving them 4 or 5 if they've been absolutely awesome.

3. Giving out 7+ Pos. Reps. - Don't go over the line, even if they are great! Just think about giving them out next time.

Negative Reputation Points:

1. Giving out 1-3 Neg. Reps. - Its ok if they have been spamming but don't do it too often to them!

2. Giving out 4-6 Neg. Reps. - Watch yourself there, if you give out too many for whatever reason you could end up with Neg. Reps. for spam!

3. Giving out 7+ Neg. Reps. - Expect some Neg. Reps. yourself! Giving out that many Neg. Reps. is just ridiculous!

If you give out Pos. Reps. to someone for winning a Contest thats fine but again don't give them too many.

One important thing is to NEVER randomly Neg./Pos. Rep. someone who you don't even know or what they've done etc. I can't stress that enough!:?

Here's an example of what happened to someone who posted a few times in my thread:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Reputation Report for pt018

Summary:

pt018

(The Funnest Guy Around)

Total Reputation: 0

Positives: 1

Neutrals: 0

Negatives: 1 -----Positives Neutrals Negatives

--------Last week-----1-------0--------1-----

--------Last month----1-------0--------1-----

--------Last 6 months-1-------0--------1-----

Comments:

God Diableos (0) - Last updated Today, 02:19 AM

Positive: This is what I mean ShadowRoxas - Neg. Reps. for no reason. That's spam!

ShadowRoxas (4) - Last updated Yesterday, 11:43 PM

Negative: How dare you support 4Kids!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my opinion about them and I'm sure that there is at least one person that agrees with me on this. Also its more ok if you give people more Pos. Reps. than you do with Neg. Reps. but always remember to not go to far!

If you start giving me Neg. Reps. for this then you're obviously one of those people who spam the Reputation system and you're angry at me for finding out!

This doesn't only apply for YCM, it also applies to other Forums that use Reputation or other forms of it.

Okay good idea but I give Reps away in my contest thread. And to people who i think are cool, and friendly or do some good deed or have cool cards. I never give a Neg. If someone gives me a Neg, I give them a +Rep straight away lol Its stupid but fun, and I dont care about Reps

I like thread' date=' for you are right!

[/quote']Well agree in the Poll if you think I'm right.

Okay good idea but I give Reps away in my contest thread. And to people who i think are cool' date=' and friendly or do some good deed or have cool cards. I never give a Neg. If someone gives me a Neg, I give them a +Rep straight away lol Its stupid but fun, and I dont care about Reps[/quote']Ok, I'll add about the contests and stuff but talking about you never giving out Negs. (Which is good) It doesn't really matter if you do or don't.

I agree. I have been rep spammed so many times. Although you should probably add that giving pos. and neg. reps out for no reason is even worse.
Ok, I'll add about that aswell...Done ^^!

Archived