The "TCGNews" Idea We'd Talked About

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei3eSKZIyTM

Forgive me for the link directly, but I wanted to get some feedback from the community and see what you guys think should be done differently.  We made an effort to cover everything, but I'm sure there's areas to improve.

Let me know what kinds of things you'd like to see differently!

Hey Star.

Watched this while I was having dinner. Can't comment much about the content, but am gonna focus more on the presentation.

I just think you guys (I'm assuming it's you and a friend on screen here) need to relax a bit more.

Early on there's too much speaking directly to camera, it's too fast, it's very nervy which is understandable if it's the debut show and everything and it's really feels like just a wave of information being told to me at very high speed and quite frantically. The bearded chap on the left especially doesn't look particularly comfortable on camera throughout the opening 3 or 4 minutes.

However...

Once it moved on to the ban list discussion and OCG updates, and people relaxed and the two presenters talked to each other more and gave more opinion on what was happening as well as fact, then in a fingersnap it was so much more engaging and interesting (for me at least). That's were it became really interesting and more easy to watch as people were giving thoughts, which are more involving to listen to then just a frantic rush of telling me "this is what's happening".

My advice to you, and I admit I have no onscreen or TV experience to speak from, but I think the tanned chap has potential to be a really engaging and good front anchor. The bearded chap did show signs of being a good foil to go to for an opinion or an update once he'd settled in and if the pressure was taken off him a bit. I'd say move the camera back, get a nice coffee table and comfy chairs or something to sit at at an angle rather than both just directly facing the camera, face each other at an angle instead, and relax. Just slow the pace down, even if it means sacrificng some content or lengthening the show, just relax and talk to each other like you'd see anyone on the news or on sports panels or anything like that:

• Lead anchor intro's the section to camera, this is the news we're going to discuss now.
  • Turn here to my co-anchor to explain to me this story in more detail.
  • Converse in a natural way your thoughts about it and expand into following information.
  • A third opinion on screen might not be a bad thing either if someone else wanted to be involved.

Just that would help a lot I think. Forget the camera is there a bit and the charisma of the presenters will come across better. It's opinions that will generate discuss, as people can probably get a lot of the information anywhere and read up. If you want to generate comments you need to give opinions. Even if it "oh you're f***ing stupid thinking Geargiarsenal should be at 1 ra ra ra". Still comments and that will generate a bigger audience, depending on how much you want this to grow.

Can't believe I spent so long on this reply and sound like some kind of directing expert or summit :blink:

Anyway, just my two cents because I can't really comment about the content or anything, but yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

Been so busy, I haven't had a chance to sit down and analyze this properly, but your comments were extremely helpful and insightful.

In fact, we've changed the entire format of the news show based on your comments and some of the other ones we got on other sites.

Let me know if you think this one has improved on some of those things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgAjgq97vKk

Archived