Gusto Synchron Deck Profile

GustoSynchronDeck_zps39d6a64a.png

Alternatively, if you want to hear my doubtlessly soothing voice, you can see the deck profile here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqD4jp_l9UI

Nothing too competitive, but it's a really fun deck, and has a ton of interesting options up its sleeve. 

Thoughts and ideas for improvement would be nice! 

I wish there were a card that could easily bring Griffin from your Deck to your hand, so that it was simpler to play combos with it.

OT: You should defintely add 3 E-Tele, 1 more Tuning and maybe 1-2 RotA. One for One and Hushed Psychic Cleric are other nice techs for the Deck in order to trigger Griffin's effect, and you should definitely add Mask Change Second and Masked HERO Kamikaze as soon asthey become available. I recommend you drop the Fiendish Chains, Trap Stun, CotH, Supply Squad and maybe Dark Hole and/or Soul Charge/Creature Swap. If even then you still need to thin up your Deck, cut 1 of each Gusto floater; you don't have to worry too much about running out of them, since you'll be often shuffling them back to the Main Deck - in which case, adding 1 more Contact might help matters.

I wish there were a card that could easily bring Griffin from your Deck to your hand, so that it was simpler to play combos with it.

OT: You should defintely add 3 E-Tele, 1 more Tuning and maybe 1-2 RotA. One for One and Hushed Psychic Cleric are other nice techs for the Deck in order to trigger Griffin's effect, and you should definitely add Mask Change Second and Masked HERO Kamikaze as soon asthey become available. I recommend you drop the Fiendish Chains, Trap Stun, CotH, Supply Squad and maybe Dark Hole and/or Soul Charge/Creature Swap. If even then you still need to thin up your Deck, cut 1 of each Gusto floater; you don't have to worry too much about running out of them, since you'll be often shuffling them back to the Main Deck - in which case, adding 1 more Contact might help matters.

It's hard to know how to approach the deck, since I have tried builds with literally no traps, but it leaves you a bit vulnerable to say the least since monster effects can wreck havoc. I was liking the idea of CoH over the idea of E-Tele because it can be effectively activated on either players turn, so its instant but only on your turn vs setup but on either turn for me. Since you're suggesting I cut so many cards, what would you have fill there places besides E-Tele, another tuning and rota? 

-2 Chain

-2 Supply Squad

-1 creature swap

+1 tuning

+1 warning

+3 E tele

You really don't need 4 traps that negate monster effects, especially since you get four shots out of the skills and you have dark hole, bottomless, black rose, and torrential to get rid of things that you don't want to swing at you. Squad is nice, but its a bit of a dead draw if you're in need of a power card like tuning/mind control. Creature swap is unnecessary because mind control, and adding the tuning and the e teles will make things more consistent. Warning is just a good thing to have in general and helps you cover things that you would have chained before.

Not a necessary change, but i tend to prefer spark to OG stardust. maybe run both. Not sure if you'll be synchro summoning at a fast enough rate to justify hyper librarian anyway.

I agree with most of what you say ^ no reason not to run warning, and I'm sure e-teles would be a nice addition.

What I'm finding however, is that running 3 quickdraw + 3 tuning gives me too many quickdraws, since there is no way to search griffin easily, I don't want to be discarding cards other than griffin usually. Because of this consistency issue I'm still quite keen on running 3 of each recruiter since you can't always rely on the combo, thus allowing you to be able to do the standard gusto stalling grind when griffin + quickdraw isnt an option. 

Archived