[PG - 13] Yu-gi-oh: Shining Strike

Azure Wolf

Yu-gi-oh: Shining Force is a story about a teenager called Michael who is prominently shy and doesn't trust easily. He attends a school in Neo Domino City with his friends Yuhei, Mokoto and Mikoto. His life is then flipped after he meets with Neun, who is a mysterious girl with her own hidden agenda.

The prologue is short but the other chapters make up for it by being 5 pages a piece. 

Yu-gi-oh: Shining Strike

[spoiler=Prologue]4 years ago

Michael was sitting in the middle of the bus wanting to get out. He was never a fan of crowded places so a bus packed with teenagers was not his idea of a fun day. His class was on a trip to Momentum research center in central Neo Domino City. He was looking forward to this trip as it was where his father worked so he hoped he could see what went on at the center. Michael took out his deck and settled his eyes on Seven Swords Warrior it was his father’s ace card when he was a pro duelist. Michael was giving the card when he was 10 and treasured it ever since. He enjoyed just looking at his cards more than actually playing the game itself, but he got in to more duels than he would like. Michael took his eyes off his deck as he sensed they were slowing down. When he looked out the window he saw why, there was a crash involving 2 cars. He saw three people being carried off two adults both around 30 and an 8 year old boy who seemed to be in the worst condition. When he looked away from the window he realized that everyone else was still busy talking to even notice the crash. Michael then saw someone in a hooded cloak start to run from the crash. It was when he ran to close to the bus when Michael saw a glimpse of the man’s face; it was Michael’s own father. After Michael’s father past the bus there was another explosion at the wreck, this time everyone turned to see a glowing bird rise from the flame’s it was at that moment when Michael realized what it looked like; the only card his father had which was forbidden to be used Phoenix Lord – Dia. When looked for his father again he was gone. Michael wondered what his father was doing at the site of the crash and why Dia had appeared. He had heard a lot about card spirits but disregarded them as fairy tales despite the sightings of a Dragon appearing in a nearby duel arena a few years ago.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 1]Current date

6:30 AM

Michael woke going over the events from four years ago in his mind, why was his father at the crash when his work was at the other side of Neo Domino City and why did the boy now seem familiar. Michael got up and washed and went down stairs, he was still tried and was trying to stop drinking excessive amounts of coffee and tea. He put on some toast and made himself a cup of decaffeinated coffee and went to his hidey hole to revise his deck. He was planning to go to school ignore the people who insulted him for his shyness and afterwards finish second last in the unofficial school duelling tournament. Michael was always told that his shyness was getting in the way of his duelling skills but he knew that he just wanted to be as low as possible on the scoring boards.

Yuhei woke up got dressed and walked straight out the door. She never liked hanging around after she woke up as her parents and brother pestered her about school and when she was going to start building and maintaining duel runners.  She had giving thought in to the matter but decide to get into medical college so she could do more for the masses than build runners for duellists. She also wanted to leave early for another reason, she was determined to get new cards to boost her deck so she could win today’s tournament. The prize was a card she longed for Ascension Sky Dragon. It was the only card she would take to fully complete her dragon deck and send her closer to being a pro duellist. The only downside was Mokoto the youngest duellist in the tournament, they were good friends yet Mokoto was the current hold of the tournament‘s title which she has held for 3 years. Yuhei knew she wouldn’t beat Mokoto with her current deck. Yuhei’s deck was with her since she was 6 yet she knew it wasn’t good enough to get her into the semi-finals let alone into the finals. Her extra deck focused on bringing out Stardust Spark Dragon and Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, both of which weren’t good enough to beat Mokoto’s Masked Heroes.

Mikoto woke up to the sound of anime and the smell of Chinese. She immediately knew her sister snuck out ordered Chinese and sat up watching whatever struck her interest. When Mikoto opened the door of Mokoto’s room she saw he sister still awake and in the clothes she wore yesterday. Clearly being smart enough to be jumped up two academic years was not enough to cure you of childhood addictions. Mikoto decided the only way to fully snap her sister out of her trance was ice water and as large of a glass she could find. While Mikoto was doing this Mokoto remembered what she was doing, a celebration for her next victory in the school tournament she looked around a saw her deck scattered across her floor along with various contracts for the pro circuit. Mokoto then got up grabbed a change of clothes and went to get showered. Mikoto on the other hand decided to mess around with Mokoto’s pre-planned breakfast. Mikoto knew that Mokoto was OCD about her breakfast routine and used that to fuel her joking nature. She knew that subtle changes were easier to pin on mistakes rather than planning. By switching the low fat with semi-skimmed Mokoto would taste the difference but wouldn’t say anything. After that Mikoto ate her ham and chicken toasties, packed her bag and grabbed her deck and left.

10:30 AM

It was free time and the registration for the tournament so Michael got up and went to register. He started walking towards the tabled in the cafeteria used for registration when he heard “Michael over here.” He turned around and saw Mokoto waving for him. He turned and walked over to where Mokoto, Mikoto, Yuhei and two new people Michael hadn’t seen before, one boy and one girl, were sitting. The boy was around 12 so was probably new to the school the girl was around 17 years old so probably a transfer student as most students took part in insulting Michael so he knew their faces or took part in the school tournaments so he knew their names. Michael turned and looked at the boy more closely he had long crimson hair which offset his aqua eyes, his faced seemed familiar but Michael couldn’t place it. “What’s your name?” Michael asked the boy.

“Helix,” the boy replied, “it’s a nickname I gave myself as I have been named different times so I gave myself one.”

Michael turned to the girl studied her face; she had long purple hair which Michael found strange when he coupled that with the girl’s eyes which were also purple. “You?” Michael asked the girl.

“Destiny” the girl replied. At a second glance Michael saw a bluish hue to the girl’s eyes so he assumed she was wearing contact lenses.

Yuhei turned to Michael “Michael, Mikoto decided to see if the planners could put a spin on the tournament, so it’s now a tag tournament and an additional prize has been put up so each duellist gets one. Mikoto won’t tell us what it is but enough of that, the reason Mokoto called you over was to decide pairings for the tournament after school so, I thought a good way to decide pairings would be a set of duels with a turn limited on them and the ones with the most life at the end of each duel pair with the one who’s life total is closest to their own.”

“Okay so have the brackets been drawn up for the duels yet”

“Yes the first set is you vs Mokoto and Me vs Mikoto and don’t try and lose like you usually do.”

Duel 1

Michael (4000) vs Mokoto (4000)

“I’ll take the first move” Michael declared “I draw”

Michael looked at his hand he had limited options “I summon Vylon Stigma in Attack mode and set 2 cards face down your move”

“Why thank you, I draw. I summon Destiny Hero – Diamond Dude in Attack mode then activate his effect. I reveal the top card of my deck and if it’s a normal spell it is sent to the grave and its activated on my next Standby Phase, if not it’s put on the bottom of my deck. The card is Destiny Draw so it’s sent to the graveyard. I set 1 card and pass.”

“I draw, I summon Vylon Cube in Attack mode, and know I tune my level 4 Stigma to my level 3 Cube, Clustering Stars Collide to show you’re all might form, Synchro Summon Seven Swords Warrior. I now activate Vylon Cube’s effect to add Mage power to my hand. I know equip Mage Power to Seven Swords Warrior to increase its attack and defence by 500 for each Spell and Trap I control so its attack is boosted by 1500 (2300/1800 --> 3800/3300) and his effect now activates once per turn, when an Equip Card is equipped to this Seven Swords Warrior you take 800 damage.” (Mokoto 4000 --> 3200) “Now Seven Swords Warrior attack Diamond Dude,” (3200 --> 800)”Your turn”

“I draw, now Destiny Draw lets me draw 2 more cards. I now activate the Spell card Polymerization to fuse my Elemental Hero Bubbleman with my Elemental Hero Neos Alius, to Fusion Summon Elemental Hero Absolute Zero. I now activate the Quick-play Spell Mask Change, this spell card lets me send 1 HERO monster I control to the grave to Special Summon 1 Masked Hero with the same attribute as the send monster so I Special Summon Masked Hero Acid. Now Absolute Zero’s effect destroys all monsters you control and Acid destroys all Spell and traps you control. Now Acid Direct Attack (4000 --> 1400). Your move.”

“I draw,” Michael smiled “this is the final turn, I summon Vylon Soldier (1700/1000) and now I equip Soldier with Vylon Filament and now battle Soldier attack Acid. Now during Damage calculations I activate the effect of the Honest in my hand to increase the attack of my Soldier by the attack of your Acid (1700 --> 4300) now Honest Barrage (800 --> 0).

“Congrats on your victory Michael, it’s not like you to get serious over matters like this though if you hadn’t drawn Honest you would have lost on my next turn.”

“I didn’t draw Honest that turn I had him in my hand since the beginning and I didn’t want to win on the third turn so I let you get Acid out. The card I drew was Vylon Filament which let my soldier bypass your backrow so my deck sensed my determination to win and it answered me by giving me Filament.”  Michael turned to watch the match Yuhei was in against Mikoto. It was at that time his eyes caught movement near the registration table, his tormenter Kiriya was sign up for a random pairing for the tournament, Kiriya was the only person Michael knew he couldn’t beat with his Vylons.

Duel 2

Yuhei (4000) vs Mikoto (4000)

“You can take the first move Mikoto.” Yuhei offered

“I’ll take up your offer then, I draw,” Mikoto laughed “I activate Polymerization to fuse my Elemental Hero Prisma and Elemental Hero Heat to Fusion Summon Elemental Hero Nova Master. Now I activate Fusion Recovery to return Polymerization and Prisma to my hand. I now activate Polymerization to fuse Woodsman and Prisma to Fusion Summon Elemental Hero The Shining. I set 1 card and end my turn.”

“I draw; I activate Future Fusion, by revealing the Five-Headed Dragon in my extra deck I can send all fusion material to the grave from my deck so I send Red-eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, two Red-eyes Wyverns, Totem Dragon and Vice Dragon. I now activate the effect of the Vice Dragon in my hand to Special Summon it with its attack and defence halved. I know summon Delta Flyer now I tune my level 5 Vice Dragon to my level 3 Delta Flyer to Synchro Summon Hot Red Dragon Archfiend (3000/2000), now I activate my dragons effect to destroy all other attack position monsters. Now Dragon Archfiend attack directly (4000 --> 1000). I set 1 card and end.”

“I draw; I activate my face down card dust tornado to destroy your face down card. Now I Special Summon the Bubbleman in my hand and his effect lets me draw 2 cards. I know activate Miracle Fusion so by banishing my Woodsman, Heat and Prisma from my graveyard I Fusion Summon Elemental Hero Core. Your move.”

“I draw: I activate Monster Reborn to bring back my Darkness Metal Dragon, now I activate its effect to Special Summon a Wyvern from my grave, now I summon Debris Dragon whose effect Special Summons Totem Dragon from my graveyard, now I construct the overlay network using Debris Dragon and my Wyvern to Xyz summon Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon. I activate my XYZ Dragon’s effect, I detach 2 Xyz material to halve the attack of your Core (2700 -->1350) and increase my dragon’s attack by the same amount (2500 --> 3850). Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon will now attack Core.”

“Core’s effect activates doubling its attack (1350 --> 2700)”

“It’s still not enough (1000 --> 0).

Yuhei turned to face Michael “Well looks like it’s you and me for the match-ups.”

“You do realize Mikoto wasn’t serious she had Mirror Force in her hand but didn’t set it, you would have lost all your monsters and she could have prevented you from getting your Five Headed Dragon out if she destroyed Future Fusion instead of your Fiendish Chain.”

The group started walking over registration table to register the pairings. Michael started wondering why he got serious in his match against Mokoto as he never liked drawing attention to himself so he always won one match then lost one so his win/loss ration stayed 50/50.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 2]

17th March 2011 4:30 PM

Michael started walking towards the duel arena at the back of the school so he could think about how to win the tournament. When he entered the arena he saw Yuhei standing with her back to the entranced and in the middle of a duel. Her opponent had an overwhelming advantage with a Chaos Sorcerer and a Gogiga Gagagigo. Michael then realized something was wrong, he felt the air turn cold and there was a light coming from Yuhei’s duel disk. Michael closed his eyes to block out the light and when he opened them again he saw a girl he had never seen before was in the duel and Yuhei was lying on the floor. The stranger took Yuhei’s duel disk and emptied her deck out of it and replaced it with a new one. She then drew five cards and put cards equal to the number of cards Yuhei had in her grave from her deck into her grave. Yuhei’s opponent seemed to be fine with this as he ended his turn.

Duel 3

Hooded Duellist (3700) vs Strange Girl (1950)

“I draw, I Special Summon The Dark Creator from my hand. I now Normal Summon Rescue Rabbit and activate its effect to Special Summon two Evilswarm Heliotropes from my deck. Now I construct the overlay network using my two Evilswarm Heliotropes to Xyz Summon Evilswarm Ophion I now activate Ophion’s effect to add one Infestation Pandemic to my hand. Ophion will now attack your Chaos Sorcerer (3700 --> 3450). I set one card and end.”

“I draw, I summon Wind-up Soldier and now Gogiga Gagagigo attack Evilswarm Ophion.”

“I activate the trap card Dimensional Prison to banish your monster.”

“I set 1 card and end.”

“I draw,” the girl smiled, “I summon Evilswarm Castor and activate the effect of the Kagetokage Special Summon it. Now I activate Castor’s effect to Normal Summon Evilswarm Kerykeion. Battle, Ophion attack Wind-up Soldier (3450 --> 2700). Now Castor, Kagetokage and Kerykeion direct attack (2700 --> 0).”

Winner – Strange Girl

Michael ran towards Yuhei, “Michael stop,” the hooded duellist turned and put his hood down beneath the hood was a man with auburn hair and hazel eyes, “the matter at hand is who this person is.”

“Grey?” Michael asked. Grey was Yuhei’s older brother who worked at the local game store. Michael then turned towards the girl, “Who are you?” The girl looked a lot like Yuhei except her hair was a dark blue hue and her eyes were a dark purple, she also had a more confident look in her eyes. “Neun, that is what I’ve decided to be called, I have no place to call home and I appeared because that girl wanted to win. I am her and she is me. We both get annoyed at her family and we both hold feelings for you. The only difference is that I am stronger and more outgoing with my feelings.” Neun looked around the arena and settled her eyes on Yuhei, “She is in no state to duel in the upcoming tournament so either you forfeit or I substitute for my other self. You know those are the only options available to you as you have no time to find a new tag partner. I also know that you are up against one of the best duellist in the school in your first match and my Ophion can lock out their aces with ease. So what will it be Michael.” Michael knew she had a point out of the other people he knew who weren’t in the tournament he didn’t know what their decks were so there would be bad co-operation between them, on the other hand there was Neun, who says she is Yuhei’s other form so she would know how he duelled. Michael looked at Neun then at Grey, “You can substitute but I want to see what your deck’s potential for myself. I know you beat Grey who is a better duellist than me but he wasn’t using his actual decks so duel me so I can test your strength.”

Duel 4

Michael (4000) vs Neun (4000)

“I’ll take the first move,” Neun smiled, “I summon Rescue Rabbit and activate its effect to Special Summon two Evilswarm Heliotropes in Attack position. Now I construct the overlay network using my two Heliotropes to Xyz Summon Evilswarm Ophion, I’ll set two cards face down and end my turn.”

“I draw,” Michael used his Duel Disk to check Ophion, “I summon Vylon Soldier, now I equip Mage Power and Vylon Material to Vylon Soldier to increase Soldier’s attack by 1400 and its defence by 800 (1700/1000  3100/1800). Now Soldier attack Ophion (4000  3450). I set 1 card and end.”

“I draw, I summon Evilswarm Castor and activate the effect of the Kagetokage in my hand to Special Summon it. Now I activate the effect of Castor to Normal Summon Kerykeion now I overlay Castor and Kerykeion to Xyz Summon Evilswarm Bahamut. I activate Bahamut’s effect; by detaching 1 Xyz material and discarding 1 Evilswarm or Steelswarm monster, I can take control of 1 monster you control. So Vylon Soldier belongs to me. Now my monsters attack.”

“I activate Mirror Force, so now Bahamut and Soldier are destroyed.”

“If only, I activate Infestation Pandemic to protect all Iswarm monsters I control from Spell and Trap cards.” (4000  1650)

“The effect of Material activates letting me add 1 Vylon equip spell to my hand and the card I add is Vylon Filament.”

“I set 1 card and end.”

“I draw,” Michael scowled, “I set 1 card and summon Vylon Stigma in attack mode. Turn end.”

“I draw; I activate Bahamut’s effect to take control of your Stigma. Now Bahamut Direct Attack.”

“Trap activate; Dimensional Prison, this card banishes your Bahamut meaning I’ll end this Battle with 50 life points left.”

“Well played but things are over, Quick-play Spell activate; Infestation Pandemic, so like last time Bahamut hits you with a direct attack reducing your life to zero and making me the winner.”

Winner – Neun

Michael deactivated his duel disk. “You’re good; I’ll gladly take you as my tag partner. Grey you said yesterday you had a deck ready for the tournament that you were going to give to me?” Michael turned to face Grey, who was looking in his bag. “Yes, and coincidently it should work well with Neun’s Evilswarms, it’s a Steelswarm deck, and knowing you you’ll get the hang of it quickly. In the meantime I’ll let the organizers know that Neun will be standing in for Yuhei.” After Grey had said this he turned around and saw Yuhei standing looking at Grey, Michael and Neun. “What’s going on, and who is standing in for me?”

“I am Neun, your other half and my materialization has taken a toll on your body, so if you pass out in the tag tournament you and Michael will be disqualified, so I offered to take your place and Michael agreed, if he tested my duelling skills which he did so now I am his tag partner. Don’t worry though Ascension Sky Dragon will still be yours. Oh I will also require your duel disk and a place to stay afterwards.” Neun turned to Grey, “There is no point going to say to the organizers now as they are already here.” Everyone turned to the entrance of the arena where they saw the other contestants arriving. Michael turned to Yuhei, “Yuhei you were unconscious until a few minutes ago so go to the nurse’s office and get checked out, I’ll be fine duelling with Neun, I agreed to let her be my tag partner and I won’t go back on my word. Don’t worry I’ll win this tournament and thanks to Grey I have another deck to use for tag tournaments. I will put Kiriya in his place by trusting my deck and Neun, so there is nothing to worry about.”

Neun returned from talking to the organizers, “Michael, our duel is about to start.” Michael turned and saw Kiriya and his tag partner waiting at duel field one. “Well then let’s go.” As Michael walked close he saw who Kiriya’s partner was; Likera the strongest senior student in the school and was using one of the tier one decks; Six Samurai’s. Likera was in all sense one of the highest duelling authorities in the school so Michael knew that if they didn’t get a good start in the first turn they would start losing. When Michael arrived at the field he locked eye’s with Kiriya for a brief second then broke eye contact. Likera turned to Neun, “Well seems you are the mystery duellist I heard about when I arrived this is going to be interesting, well now let’s duel.”

Duel 5

Michael/Neun (8000) vs Kiriya/Likera (8000)

“I’ll start,” Kiriya looked at his hand, “I summon Tour Guide from the Underworld and activate its effect to Special Summon Fabled Kushano, now I construct the overlay network to Xyz Summon Leviair the Sea Dragon. I set one card and end.”

“I draw, I summon Recue Rabbit and activate its effect to banish it and summon to Evilswarm Heliotropes from my deck. Now I to construct the overlay network to Xyz Summon Evilswarm Ophion. I activate Ophion’s effect; by detaching one Xyz material I can add 1 Infestation Spell or Trap to my hand and the card I add is Infestation Pandemic. I set two and end.”

“I draw; I activate Gateway of the Six now I summon Legendary Six Samurai – Kaigeki and activate his effect to Special Summon Legendary Six Samurai – Mizuho.”

Neun smiled “I activate Torrential Tribute and chain Infestation Pandemic to protect my Ophion, so now all monsters on your side of the field are destroyed and ours are safe.”

“I set two cards and end.”

“I draw; I activate Pot of Duality so I reveal the top 3 cards of my deck and add 1 to my hand,” Michael flipped over his top 3 cards; Steelswarm Girastag, Recurring Nightmare and Foolish Burial. “I add Foolish Burial to my hand and then activate it to send my Steelswarm Scout from my deck to the graveyard. I now summon Steelswarm Sting and now Sting attack Leviair, Infestation Sting, Ophion direct attack with Inverz Blast (8000  5400). I set 2 cards and end my turn.”

“I draw; I activate the effect of the Kushano in my graveyard by discarding my Fabled Ganashia is return Kushano to my hand. Now when Ganashia is discarded I can Special Summon it with 200 more attack. I set one card and end.”

“I draw; I summon Evilswarm Castor and activate the effect of the Kagetokage in my hand to Special Summon it. Now I activate Castor’s effect to Normal Summon Evilswarm Kerykeion. I now construct the overlay network to Xyz Summon Evilswarm Bahamut.

“I activate my face-down trap; Raigeki Break. By discarding 1 card I can destroy 1 monster you control and the monster I destroy is Evilswarm Ophion.”

Bahamut attack Ganashia.”

“I activate another trap; Magic cylinder this reflects your attack back to you.” (8000  5650)

“I set 1 card and end.”

“I draw; I activate Shein’s Smoke Signal to add a Legendary Six Samurai – Kaigeki to my hand. I now summon Kaigeki and use its effect to summon Kagemusha of the Six Samurai; I now tune my level 3 Kaigeki to my level 2 Kagemusha to Synchro Summon Legendary Six Samurai –Shi En. Now Shi En attack and destroy Bahamut.” (5650  5500) “Turn end.”

“I draw I tribute Steelswarm Sting Advance Summon Steelswarm Girastag to the field, even though Girastag is a level 7 monster it can be summoned with one tribute if that tribute is a Steelswarm monster, now when Girastag is summoned using a Steelswarm monster I can destroy 1 card you control and I destroy your right face-down card, then I gain 1000 life points (5500  6500). Girastag attack and destroy Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En (5400  5300), your move.”

“I draw, I summon Fabled Gallabras. I now discard my Fabled Cerburrel to Special Summon Fabled Chawa and when Cerburrel is discarded I can Special Summon it to the field. I now tune my level 4 Ganashia to my level 1 Chawa to Synchro Summon Fabled Ragin and when Ragin is Synchro Summoned I can draw till I have 2 cards in my hand so I draw 1. Now I activate Gallabras’ effect; by discarding 1 card I can destroy 1 monster you control with less defence than Gallbras’ attack so your Girastag is destroyed. Now my monsters attack (6500  1000). I end my turn.”

“I draw, I Special Summon Evilswarm Mandragora from my hand, now I summon Evilswarm Kerykion and Special Summon Kagetokage, I now construct the overlay network to Xyz Summon Evilswarm Ouroboros, and I activate Ouroboros’ effect to return Ragin to your Extra Deck. Now Ouroboros will attack your Gallabras (5300  4050). I set 1 card and end.”

“I draw, I Summon Legendary Six Samurai –Shinai. I now activate my Gateway’s ability by removing 6 counters to Special Summon Legendary Six Samurai –Shi En. I now remove 8 counters to activate its remove 4 counters ability twice, to add two Legendary Six Samurai –Kizans to my hand. I now Special Summon both of my Kizans in attack mode. I end my turn.”

“I draw. I activate Infestation Ripples to Special Summon Steelswarm Scout by paying 500 life points. I now tribute Scout to summon Steelswarm Girastag, now Gyrostat’s effect destroys your Shi En and increases our life by 1000 (500  1500). Now attack Girastag attack one of the Kizans and Ouroboros will attack the other (4050  2300). I set one card and end.”

“I draw, I activate Lightning Vortex by discarding 1 card I can destroy all face-up monsters you control.”

“I activate Infestation Pandemic to make our monsters immune to Spells and Traps till the End Phase.”

“Well then I set 1 card and end.”

“I draw, I attack Girastag attack Chawa and Ouroboros direct attack (2300 --> 0).”

Winner Michael/Neun

“Kiriya, good game you and Likera are the first duellists I’ve beating on my new dream to join the pro circuit and I hope we will duel again sometime again, “Michael turned to Neun “Well we have one more duel to win and that’s us at first place,” Michael laughed “now all we have to do is beat Mikoto and Mokoto and that’s us only problem is that no-one has beaten those two in a tag duel yet. They know each other’s decks inside out and can match each other’s strategies perfectly so we have a tough duel up next.”

“It’s nothing that we shouldn’t be able to handle, I can bring out Ophion to stop their Hero fusions and you can destroy their monsters with your Caucastag and Girastag. Now we have 15 minutes so how about we check on my other self.” Michael and Neun walked off towards the side lines when Yuhei walked towards them, “Seems like a good choice that up teamed up with Neun as I doubt that you and me could beat Kiriya and Likera with our decks but that’s not what I came over for, Grey says he wants to talk to you about something after the tournament, he’s also been looking at the upcoming World Championship for a while now so that might have something to do with it. Any way good luck in your next duel,” Yuhei walked back off towards the stands before turning around again, “Michael if you lose this I will not forgive you.” With this Yuhei ran back to where she was sitting. Michael then turned to Neun “Well we better get ready for the next match, though this match I’m going back to my Vylons, so try not to use Ophion to much.” Michael and Neun took their place opposite the twins. “Well Michael this will settle who is the strongest out of our group so bring it,” Mokoto then looked towards Neun “Don’t get overconfident or you will screw up badly against us.”

“Duel!”

Duel 6

Michael/Neun (8000) vs Mokoto/Mikoto (8000)

“I’ll start; draw, I activate Photon Lead to Special Summon Vylon Cube from my hand. I now summon Vylon Stigma; I tune my Vylon Stigma to my Vylon Cube; clustering lights collide show your divine from, I Synchro Summon Vylon Sigma. I activate Vylon Cube’s effect to add Mage Power to my hand; I set two cards and end.”

“I draw; I summon Elemental Blazeman in attack mode and use his effect to add one Polymerization to my hand. I now activate Polymerization to fuse my Avian, Bubbleman and Sparkman to Fusion Summon Elemental Hero Tempest. I set 1 card and end.”

“I draw; I summon Evilswarm Castor and then Normal Summon Evilswarm Kerykion. I construct the overlay network to Xyz summon Steelswarm Roach. I set 1 card and end.”

“I draw; I summon Elemental Hero Prisma and activate Mask Change to send Prisma to the grave to summon Masked Hero Koga.”

“I activate Roach’s effect, when a level 5 or higher monster is Special Summoned I can destroy that monster by detaching 1 Xyz material.”

“I set 1 card and end.”

“I draw; I summon Vylon Soldier in attack mode. I now equip Vylon Sigma with Mage Power and Vylon Component. (1800 --> 3800). Vylon Sigma attack Elemental Hero Blazeman (8000 --> 5400). I end my turn.”

“I draw; I summon Elemental Hero Wildheart and attack Vylon Sigma with Tempest. At this moment I activate Battle Fusion to increase Tempest’s attack by 3800 (2800 --> 6600).”

“To slow though, I activate the effect of the Honest in my hand to increase Sigma’s attack to 10400.” (5400 --> 1600)

“I activate Tempest’s effect to destroy my 1 of my face down cards to prevent his destruction. I then set 1 card and end.”

“I draw; I summon Evilswarm Thunderbird. Now Sigma attack Tempest.”

“Trap activates; Hero Barrier, if I control an Elemental Hero monster I can negate one attack.”

“Thunderbird attack Wildheart,” (1600 --> 1450) “turn end.”

“I draw; I activate Mystical Space Typhoon and destroy your centre face-down card. I now activate Chain Whirlwind to destroy your other two face downs. I summon Elemental Hero Sparkman and activate the trap A Rival Appears which allows me to Special Summon 1 monster from my hand equal to the level of one you control so I Special Summon Elemental Hero Shadow Mist. When Shadow Mist is Special Summoned I can add 1 Change Spell to my hand so I add Mask Change. I now construct the overlay network using Sparkman and Shadow Mist to Xyz Summon Number 101: Silent Honour Ark. I detach two of 101’s Xyz material to make Roach its Xyz material. I now activate Mask Change to send Tempest to the graveyard to summon Masked Hero Kamikaze. I now attack Thunderbird with Kamikaze,” (8000 --> 6950) “due to Kamikaze’s effect I can draw 1 card. I set 1 card and end.”

“I draw; I summon Vylon Ohm and activate its effect, I banish Mage Power from my graveyard to add it to my hand during my next Standby Phase. I now activate Desynchro to return Vylon Sigma to Vylon Cube and Vylon Stigma. I now tune my level 3 Vylon Cube to my level 4 Vylon Soldier to Synchro Summon Arcanite Magician. With Cube’s effect I add Vylon Filament to my hand. When Arcanite Magician is Synchro Summoned 2 Spell counters are placed on it increasing its attack by 1000 for each (400 --> 2400), I now attack 101 with Arcanite Magician. (1450 --> 1150). I end my turn.”

“I draw; I activate Super Polymerization to fuse your Ohm with our Kamikaze to Fusion Summon Elemental Hero the Shining. I know activate Soul release to banish 5 of my Elemental heroes to increase Shining’s Attack by 1500 (2600 --> 4100). Battle, Shining attacks Vylon Ohm. (6950 --> 4350).”

“I draw; I summon Evilswarm Castor and using its effect to Normal Summon Evilswarm Heliotrope. I now overlay my Castor and Heliotrope to Xyz summon Number 66: Master Key Beetle. I now set 1 card and end my turn.”

“I draw; I summon Elemental Hero Ocean and activate Mask Change to Summon Masked Hero Acid. With Acid’s effect all your spell and traps are destroyed. I now overlay Acid and Shining to Xyz summon Number 23: Lancelot, Knight of the Underworld. Now Lancelot can attack directly while it has Xyz material so go, direct attack. (4350 --> 2350). When Lancelot inflicts damage to my opponent I can target and destroy 1 face-up monster they control and destroy it so I destroy Arcanite Magician. I end.”

“I draw; I set 1 card and activate Key Beetles effect, I detach 1 Xyz material to target 1 card I control and while Key Beetle is face-up that card can’t be destroyed.”

“Lancelot’s effect activates once per turn when a Spell, trap or monster effect besides Lancelot’s is activated I detach a material and negate the activation.”

“I end.”

“I draw; now Lancelot direct attack (2350 --> 350), using Lancelot’s effect I destroy Master Key Beetle.”

“Key Beetle’s effect activates I can send 1 of the targeted cars to the grave instead.”

“It’s pointless Lancelot’s effect negates Key Beetle’s effect. So Key Beetle is destroyed.”

“It’s not pointless at all; I activate my trap card Advancing Light. When a monster I control is destroyed by a monster effect during the battle phase I banish all Light monsters in my grave and draw 3 cards.”

“I end my turn.”

“I draw; I set one monster and end my turn.”

“I draw; Lancelot attack and destroy the face down.”

“Evilswarm Hraesvelg effect activates returning Lancelot back to the extra deck.”

“I set 1 card and end.”

“I draw,” Michael smiled; “Mokoto if there is one card to let me win I have it in my hand, I place in my Champion Zone Lyna the Outcast, now by sending Lyna to the grave I Special Summon Vylon Hept, Vylon Tesseract and Vylon Tetra. I now tune my level 4 Vylon Hept and Tesseract to my level 2 Tetra to Synchro Summon Vylon Omega. Using Omega’s effect I equip Vylon Tetra to it. I now equip Vylon Filament to Omega. Omega attack and finish this duel.” (1150 --> 0)

Winner Michael/Neun (350)

After the attack landed there was a cry of shock from the audience. Michael first assumed it was because Mokoto lost in the tournament but the recalled the last turn of the duel. He used a card which he hadn’t heard of in a zone he hadn't seen on his duel disk before. He did realize what the card was though, a type of monster card used by the top 3 duellist currently active in Neo Domino City. Michael quickly looked through his deck and found 2 other Champion cards 'Lyna the Seer' and 'Lady Lyna', Michael pocketed his deck and started to back away as the spectators started advancing towards him. Neun, Mokoto and Mikoto just stared at him. At this moment Likera ran forward putting up a barrier between the crowd and Michael. “You better move if you don't won't this people pestering you.” Michael turned and saw Grey and Yuhei standing near the entrance of the duel arena. Michael ran towards them followed closely by Neun, Mokoto and Mikoto. “Well we ought to move,” Heidi turned to Michael “we can find out about those cards later.” Michael nodded, then the group started running towards the school entance, but when they arrived they met someone who would change their lives. [/spoiler]

All cards made by me will be posted down here.

[spoiler=Phoenix Lord Dia]Monster DARK 10* Type - Winged Beast ATK - ? DEF - ?

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or set. This card can only be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing any number of 'Phoenix' monsters from your graveyard. This card gains 800 ATK and DEF for each card banished by this effect.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lyna the Outcast]

Lyna the Outcast LIGHT Level 4 Champion 1 Spellcaster

Monster Effect/Champion 1600/1200

Champion Effect - Send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 2 Level 4 or lower LIGHT monsters from your hand.

Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; draw one card. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of 1 Light monster your opponent controls.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lyna the Hurricane]

Lyna the Seer LIGHT Level 8 Champion 2 Spellcaster

Monster Effect/Champion 2700/2300

This card can only be placed in the champion zone if you have sent "Lyna the Outcast" from your Champion zone to the graveyard this turn.

Champion Effect - If this card is in the Champion zone you can activate this effect; Send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 2 Level 8 or lower LIGHT monsters from your hand.

Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon, draw 2 cards. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 2 LIGHT monsters your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lady Lyna]

Lady Lyna LIGHT Level 12 Champion 3 Spellcaster

Monster Effect/Champion 3500/3100

This card can only be placed in the Champion zone if you have sent "Lyna the Seer" from your Champion zone to the graveyard this turn.

Champion Effect - If this card is in the Champion zone you can activate this effect; Send two cards from your hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon 3 LIGHT monsters from your hand.

Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Add 1 card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 3 LIGHT monsters your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived