Gem Knight Prismax - Gem Knight Support

ctWUvnY.jpg

2 Level 7 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Add 1 banished Normal Monster to this card as Xyz Material. During your Draw Phase, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can attach 1 "Gem Knight" monster from your Deck to this card as Xyz Material instead. You can use Xyz Material attached to this card as Fusion Material for the Fusion Summon of a "Gem Knight' monster.

Haven't made cards in ages, so why not get back into the swing of things with Gem Knights? They're fun! The idea is to make Gem Knights even faster, and give them some cute combos. C+C would be neat.

EDIT: Changed Card to Monster to avoid adding Spell Cards as Xyz Material. That would be super silly.
EDIT2: Made a lot of changes to the card.

Oh my there is a lot going on here isn't there?

Ok firstly, I like the effect that this can bring back a banished card as an XYZ. It keeps the card from being used in an attack or to activate its effects. I also like how you can fusion summon Gem Knights by just using the xyz materials. on the other hand using monsters you destroy as xyz materials is going to give you a lot of immunity. What do you mean when its "removed from the field"? does it mean removed from play or sent to the graveyard or what?

An interesting card but i will defer to what what everyone else thinks.  

You know, Gem-Knights can play Redox, and my Deck does, so having this just be generic Materials would be that much better, but I suppose that it could be abused. The last effect also seems a bit cheap to me, so that's maybe why you limite it to Gem-Knights. Generally though, I dig it, but getting it out is probably a bit too hard as it is now to really be worth it.

Oh my there is a lot going on here isn't there?

Ok firstly, I like the effect that this can bring back a banished card as an XYZ. It keeps the card from being used in an attack or to activate its effects. I also like how you can fusion summon Gem Knights by just using the xyz materials. on the other hand using monsters you destroy as xyz materials is going to give you a lot of immunity. What do you mean when its "removed from the field"? does it mean removed from play or sent to the graveyard or what?

An interesting card but i will defer to what what everyone else thinks.  

Removed from the field was me trying to make it immune to things like Compulse that get rid of a monster without killing them (sending to the hand would remove it from the field). Might be too much though, so I might change it to just destruction prevention rather than removal prevention. Also the attacking and absorbing, now that I think about it, does give it some nifty immunity. I think it's kept in check with it relatively low attack for a rank 7 though - would need more opinions on this. Thanks for the rate! :)

You know, Gem-Knights can play Redox, and my Deck does, so having this just be generic Materials would be that much better, but I suppose that it could be abused. The last effect also seems a bit cheap to me, so that's maybe why you limite it to Gem-Knights. Generally though, I dig it, but getting it out is probably a bit too hard as it is now to really be worth it.

My idea behind being limited to Gem-Knights was that you'd use the level 7 fusions as materials since you can pull out multiple fusions at a turn. However, I don't personally play too much Gem-Knights myself, so getting feedback from someone who does is great :). I'll make it a generic Rank 7 and removing its last effect is probably best though - even if you could get 2 level 7 Gem-Knight fusions, I'm now seeing that it probably isn't worth doing so. I don't think it's abusable enough for it to be really effective outside of anything but Gem-Knights. I'll probably also remove the absorption effect as well if its a generic, and maybe boost it's ATK to 2700 - still not really "strong' but not 2450 weak. Thoughts on this?

Thank you guys for commenting! :D

Archived