1. 1. Which team has the best piece?

Nw_CFXmatch2.png

Team 1 -   5l3qrm.png

Team 2 -  f1k4xAz.png

Participants are:

Team CatDog - Catman x Dae

Team C.R.E.A.M - Ali x Madsen

The Theme is: Time

This is a collaboration based tagging tournament in which teams of two will put their graphic design and collaborative skills to the test in order to earn a prestigious award to showcase under their avatars for a shit ton of e-peen points.

Winning team progresses to the semi finals, losing team drops into the losers bracket.

Current standings: Tournament bracket.

Voting rules:

• Anyone can vote, you don't need any graphic design knowledge to do so, critique and analysis is appreciated but not a must, comments of any sort are favorable.
• Bribing or informing others of which submission is yours is not permitted and if found doing so, you will be banned from the graphic competitions section.

Voting ends 1/4 at 11:59PM GMT -5. 

Good luck to both teams.

My vote goes to 1.

Why? I think it tells more of a story and invokes an interest in why, not sure about the texture slapped on the front of the image, borders needed to be smaller and the lighting is pre dope.

2 is interesting but it seems as if the time concept was slapped on after the text and box are a little week and the analog 3 has no place.

Voting for one. As Tormented said, it seems to tell more of a story. And fits the theme better. Plus it all around looks more...interesting and eye-catching. The black space is...meh, though. It does kinda make it look movie-like but even so.

And I don't really like the text on two.

I've seen better from both parties, but decent all round. One suffers from overblown highlights, while both are a tad messy. Nothing major though.

The second would have a really nice elegance to it, once the text is removed: the big digital 3 could potentially stay as decorative element, but the rest of it threatens to take up the whole tag's attention. Conceptually, I do like 1 though, especially with the faux-cinematic elements to it: the lens flare and the black borders would be cheesy in most circumstances, but work here (not to say that's it's perfectly executed, the lens flare in particular could do with some neatening up).

So #1 gets the vote.

My vote is for #2

#1 is unorthodox, but it's presentation is rather poor. The colors are way too contrasting, with the upper corners having bright white and yellow that distracts from the main focuses of the piece. The lens flare also detracts from the design, splashing color in places where it is wholly unnecessary. The idea itself is really interesting, and given a few tweaks in color and removal/severe reworking of the lens flare, it could have easily taken the win. It's unfortunate that the few mistakes made in the creation process were fatal ones. 

#2 has no immediately enticing features, but everything in it contributes to the overall presentation, and no part detracts from it. If you look on the right side and the left part of the face, bright colors are present but they are more muted and nowhere near as distracting as the bright parts of #1. They frame the rest of the piece effectively. While the lettering itself is centered, the figure and number obey the rule of thirds, which is aesthetically pleasing. The overall design looks a lot more polished and complete than #1.

Archived