[Images] Dark Halo Archetype (6/6)

Atypical-Abbie

Remember those Pendulum Monsters I posted a week ago? Well, I decided to make an Archetype out of them, so here they are. It's also my first image Archetype in a LONG time, and yes, it is Cardfight Vanguard art. The Archetype itself focuses on Pendulum Summoning and on having DARK monsters on the field for various effects. There are only 6 cards, since I couldn't find the images I wanted from this, a main reason I don't use images often, so no Spell/Trap Cards this time around.

[spoiler=Cards]

mgCSX2U.png

Pendulum Effect:

Unless you have “Dark Halo β”in your other Pendulum Zone, this card’s Pendulum Scale becomes 4. While the only monsters you control are DARK monsters, this card cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects.

Monster Effect:

When this card is Pendulum Summoned, if you also Pendulum Summoned another DARK monster: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy that target. You can only use this monster effect of “Dark Halo α” once per turn. If you control “Dark Halo β”, this card cannot be destroyed by your opponent’s card effects

GexYBs4.png

Pendulum Effect:

Unless you have “Dark Halo α”in your other Pendulum Zone, this card’s Pendulum Scale becomes 4. DARK monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF.

Monster Effect:

During either player’s turn: You can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard, then target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; its effects are negated. You can only use this monster effect of “Dark Halo β” once per turn. If you control “Dark Halo α”, when a DARK monster attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

DpEVsGe.png

When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Dark Halo" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Dark Halo γ". You can only use this effect of "Dark Halo γ" once per turn. If this card was Pendulum Summoned, if you control another DARK monster, once per turn: You can target 1 "Dark Halo" card in your Graveyard and 1 other "Dark Halo" card or DARK monster you control; add the first target to your hand, and if you do, destroy the second target.

vGbSYlA.png

When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can add 1 face-up DARK Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can Tribute 1 other DARK monster, then target 2 cards your opponent controls; destroy both those targets. You can only use each effect of "Dark Halo Δ" once per turn.

pMicJ5x.png

Pendulum Effect:
Unless you have "Dark Halo Ζ" in your other Pendulum Zone, this card's Pendulum Scale becomes 4. DARK monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's Spell/Trap effects.

Monster Effect:
If you control no monsters: You can discard this card; add 1 "Dark Halo" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Dark Halo Ε". You cannot Special Summon during the turn you use this effect, except by Pendulum Summon. You can only use this effect of "Dark Halo E" once per turn. If you control another DARK monster, your opponent cannot target other monsters you control for attacks, except "Dark Halo Ε".

Ac29BWv.png

Pendulum Effect
Unless you have "Dark Halo Ε" in your other Pendulum Zone, this card's Pendulum Scale becomes 4. Once per turn, if a DARK monster(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect, it is not destroyed.

Monster Effect:
When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can draw 1 card for each DARK monster you control, then return an equal number of cards from your hand to the top of the Deck. When your opponent activates a card or effect: You can Tribute 1 DARK monster; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.

[/spoiler]

Alpha: The second pendulum effect of Alpha, in my opinion, should be worded differently to say "once this turn, this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects." something like that I'm no OCG expert. Simply b/c the majority of the time you won't control a dark b/c you need (I could imagine) to exceed or synchro for a non-dark monster. As for the monster effect, I like it b/c its fair. Destruction today is not too big of deal.

Beta: The pendulum effect is fine, it is a Mystic Plasma zone essentially. For the monster effect, I believe Beta should be restricted only to negate monster effects. For one, I don't know if it can negate a face-up non continous spell/trap like Dark Hole, and if it can, I think that shouldn't be allow for a monster that can be easily summoned within a turn or couple.

Gamma: Gamma is perfect nothing to say there. It has a built in Circle of the Fire Kings for darks.

Delta: I think the second effect should be a one for one, tribute 1 dark for 1 card, like Scrap Dragon. Otherwise, your opponent would be left with very little with each passing turn. The first effect is fine, simply recycles.

Epsilon: I don't know about the second pendulum effect. I think its fine knowing todays YGO everything is essentially about monster effects. But I do feel this effect may be weak b/c there aren't going to be many times where your dark monsters would be targeted. Not sure. For monster effect, I think you should be allowed to special summoned after you add b/c controling no monsters would mean its your first turn or your opponent cleaned your field, in which you may need to do more then just pendulum summoned and special summoned from your extra deck to fight back or regain presence.

Zeta: Pendulum effect is fair. Perhaps it should be applicable to 1 dark monster that you can select and that dark monster cannot be destroyed until the end turn. For the monster effect, I believe it should simply read, "When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can draw 1". The second effect can be a bit too powerful, its a easier Herald, however I can't imagine this archtype having a huge hand during a duel. Still, the potential is there. It should be a once per turn effect.

I like how you incorporated the symbols of physics into the cards.

Its entirely up to you if you want incorporate any feedback.

My utmost apologies if you did not find this helpful.

Alpha: The second pendulum effect of Alpha, in my opinion, should be worded differently to say "once this turn, this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects." something like that I'm no OCG expert. Simply b/c the majority of the time you won't control a dark b/c you need (I could imagine) to exceed or synchro for a non-dark monster. As for the monster effect, I like it b/c its fair. Destruction today is not too big of deal.

That wouldn't technically work, since it not having the ability to be targeted means you can't target it period, that can't be once per turn, since you would never be able to target it at all. As for changing it, I don't really think it matters too much, the Pendulum Effects are kind of an extra, not really something I care too much about.

Beta: The pendulum effect is fine, it is a Mystic Plasma zone essentially. For the monster effect, I believe Beta should be restricted only to negate monster effects. For one, I don't know if it can negate a face-up non continous spell/trap like Dark Hole, and if it can, I think that shouldn't be allow for a monster that can be easily summoned within a turn or couple.

It can do that, but it's still with a cost, so I don't think it's too powerful.

Gamma: Gamma is perfect nothing to say there. It has a built in Circle of the Fire Kings for darks.

Delta: I think the second effect should be a one for one, tribute 1 dark for 1 card, like Scrap Dragon. Otherwise, your opponent would be left with very little with each passing turn. The first effect is fine, simply recycles.

Dunno, I would like it to destroy 2 cards. Maybe if I made it not able to attack for the rest of the turn?

Epsilon: I don't know about the second pendulum effect. I think its fine knowing todays YGO everything is essentially about monster effects. But I do feel this effect may be weak b/c there aren't going to be many times where your dark monsters would be targeted. Not sure. For monster effect, I think you should be allowed to special summoned after you add b/c controling no monsters would mean its your first turn or your opponent cleaned your field, in which you may need to do more then just pendulum summoned and special summoned from your extra deck to fight back or regain presence.

Again, it's an extra effect, I just threw it on there really. The whole point was to get your right Pendulums early on with the discard search effect, and I don't really like just having a discard for search, that is still a bit too fast without any form of restriction in my opinion.

Zeta: Pendulum effect is fair. Perhaps it should be applicable to 1 dark monster that you can select and that dark monster cannot be destroyed until the end turn. For the monster effect, I believe it should simply read, "When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can draw 1". The second effect can be a bit too powerful, its a easier Herald, however I can't imagine this archtype having a huge hand during a duel. Still, the potential is there. It should be a once per turn effect.

The point of the draw effect is get your pieces that you want in your hand, then putting those you don't want back in your Deck.  Just drawing 1 card seems a little tame to me, and doesn't really do what I wanted it to do. Having it be once per turn is fine, probably won't be having the chance to use it more than once per turn anyway.

I like how you incorporated the symbols of physics into the cards.

I don't really know what that means, you mean the Greek letters?

Its entirely up to you if you want incorporate any feedback.

My utmost apologies if you did not find this helpful.

Thanks for the review! Posted my thoughts in the quote.

Archived