[MtG] Mummify!

Forest Fire

DwDkKmR.png
Flash, vigilance
As long as your devotion to white and blue is less than seven, Anubis isn't a creature.
When Anubis enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, detain up to one target creature.
"Let the eternal darkness embrace you."

[spoiler V1]gsB6Ogj.png
Anubis, Lord of Mummification
{3}{w}{u}
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God
Flash, vigilance
As long as your devotion to white, blue, and black is less than seven, Anubis isn't a creature.
Nightcrawler - When Anubis enters the battlefield, if black mana was spent to cast this creature, detain a target creature.

Nightcrawler is a made up Ability Word, by yours truly. The generic text is: "When X enters the battlefield, if a 3rd mana color was spent to cast X, do Y." Y will typically be something associated with the mana colors actually in the mana cost. Also, the 3rd mana color will typically be involved in the devotion, if the creature has an ability the revolves around devotion, like gods do.[/spoiler]

Nightcrawler - When Anubis enters the battlefield, if black mana was spent to cast this creature, you may detain a target creature.

There's the only fix I could find. That said, I really don't understand the word choice of "nightcrawler" as it relates to the flavor of the card. The interaction with devotion is weird, too, considering there hasn't been a card yet which uses devotion of a color that it isn't. Finally, detaining a creature for only one turn is weak. (Remember, detain only lasts until your next turn.) I'd ditch the weird black mana requirement and do this card something like this:

Anubis, Lord of Mummification {3}{w}{u}
Flash, vigilance
As long as your devotion to white and blue is less than seven, Anubis isn't a creature.
When Anubis enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, detain up to one target creature.

Nightcrawler - When Anubis enters the battlefield, if black mana was spent to cast this creature, you may detain a target creature.

There's the only fix I could find. That said, I really don't understand the word choice of "nightcrawler" as it relates to the flavor of the card. The interaction with devotion is weird, too, considering there hasn't been a card yet which uses devotion of a color that it isn't. Finally, detaining a creature for only one turn is weak. (Remember, detain only lasts until your next turn.) I'd ditch the weird black mana requirement and do this card something like this:

Anubis, Lord of Mummification {3}{w}{u}
Flash, vigilance

Ok. I just thought of nightcrawler and while it sounded weird, i wanted to give it a shot. thanks for the fix.

Archived