[Archetype] Outorbs

evil cucumber

[spoiler=Main Monsters (6)]

[spoiler=Outorb Decade]

zxSYtWq.jpg

When your opponent declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can add 1 "Outorb" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Outorb Decade".

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Outorb Century]

mFc1WEq.jpg

When your opponent declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned: Target 1 Rock-type monster you control in face-up Defense Position; for the rest of this turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects, but you take piercing damage from battles involving that monster.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Outorb Doom Machine]

p13Xn8u.jpg

During your opponent's turn: You can reveal this card in your hand; immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster using this card in your hand and 1 face-up "Outorb" monster you control. You can only use this effect of "Outorb Doom Machine" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Outorb Millenium Giant]

d1DB09E.jpg

During your opponent's turn, if a monster(s) was Special

Summoned this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, during your opponent's Main Phase 1 or Battle Phase: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; this card loses 1000 DEF, and if it does, destroy that target.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Outorb Disaster Machine]

mcfc6oB.jpg

If this card is sent to the Graveyard as a Synchro Material Monster, shuffle it into the Deck. During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can target 1 non-Tuner monster in your Graveyard; banish both this card and that target, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Outorb" Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck whose Level equals the total Levels of the banished monsters. You cannot Special Summon other monsters the turn you use this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Outorb War Mammoth]

iMuyzyb.jpg

During either player's Main Phase, if your opponent controls more monsters than you do, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned: You can send 1 Rock-type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, you can make this card's Level become the Level of the sent monster. You can only control 1 "Outorb War Mammoth".

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=S\T (2)]

[spoiler=Outorb Defensive Tactics]

QdnsLQF.jpg

Target 1 face-up Defense Position monster you control that was Summoned this turn; for the rest of this turn, double its DEF, also destroy any monster that battles it after Damage Calculation.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Outorb Activity]

ZLHzfrb.jpg

Monsters your opponent controls lose 200 ATK for each Defense Position monster you control. Once per turn, when a Rock-type monster is Special Summoned to your side of the field: You can target 1 Defense Position monster your opponent controls; change it to face-up Attack Position and negate its effects (including in the Graveyard). Its Battle Position cannot be changed this turn, also it must attack this turn, if able.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Synchros (2)]

[spoiler=Outorb Master-Purple Dia]

Qjrdy4y.jpg

1 "Outorb" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

You choose the attack targets for your opponent's attacks. All monsters your opponent controls must attack, if able. If this card is sent to your Graveyard: You can target 1 "Outorb" card in your Graveyard, except this card; add it to your hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Outorb Master-White Sphinx]

nuO5xsJ.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Rock-type monsters

When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Outorb" card from your Graveyard to your hand. During either player's turn: You can send 1 Rock-type monster from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, except this card, then target 1 monster you control; it gains ATK and DEF equal to the DEF of the sent monster until the end of this turn.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Sorry for the bad names.

This archetype came from an idea that suddenly popped in my head.  I thought about superheavy sams and artifacts when created them, so you may find some similarities.

I think the archetype could be stronger, it lacks a strong field dominance, and seems to only shut down your opponent's attacking. The deck needs more cards that can modify the board state, cause right now it looks like a slightly weaker version of the hand trap ghostricks. Maybe you could add more effects like this:

"If a Monster(s) was Special Summoned from your Hand to your side of the Field during your Opponent's Battle Phase; You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If summoned this way: Target 1 Face-Up Card your Opponent Controls; Return that Target to the Hand. Your Opponent must declare an attack on this Card, if able. You may only use the effects of "----" Once per Turn".

I've never been a fan of the mentality of shutting down the battle phase with no investment into the board, but if you want to go with that kind of design, then you need more cards that put greater pressure to force your opponent into plays. Have you considered adding a type of U.A effect to one of the monsters? Cause I feel like the deck doesn't have any engine to plus at this point.

I think the deck has all it needs to make a good field presence, they have answers to a lot of situations. Giant destroys S;T, hardly youll get OTK'd, quick synchros from grave with Disaster Machine's eff is a good plus (even with that restriction), and the main strategy is Synchroing during your opponents turn with Doom Machine, since it can bring cards like Vulcan Divine, Orient Dragon, Black Rose Dragon or even the archetype bosses to ruin your opponents plays.

As for the pressure, i wanted to make it the most simple possible. I think making your opponent attack with a low atk monster into a 4000 barrier wall sure can force they make plays to avoid it. And i liked the effect you suggested, but id keep only the first effect (because its very very good, almost broken id say).

I feel like they are better as generic Rock support. In some form of Rock-stun monster-mash. Which just adds to the reason why I'm not a fan. Its literally a deck of hand traps...that's never fun. Granted they don't do much but hand summon they're way to the field, but the precedent is still bad. Sadly the fact that they are so lack luster is probably what saves them. Hand traps shouldn't have the option to do much anyway if you're going to run them in large numbers. The most I could possibly support is some Staunch Defender-esque effect and where at the very least they force some kind of player interaction.

Archived