[Archetype] Intellectuals

.Leo

Welcome to a tour of the Intellectuals Archetype. This thread will highlight the cards I have created for the archetype, how they interact with each other and how the deck can be played. After posting all of the initial cards, I will have a stock deck list that you guys and play around with and give thoughts on.

My overall goal with this archetype was to create a sort of stun deck that was able to not run out of gas quickly if they don’t open up with a decent 5 or your opponent is able to constantly pump out a lot of value. The deck comprises of mainly value monsters that can search out cards through your deck, giving you a way to proactively plan out your reactive cards. It also has some late game options which allows you to go long if your opponent tries to slow roll the game.

[Spoiler=Extra Deck]

aopvMo6.jpg

LeKg9Az.jpg

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Monsters]

iZjyFv5.jpg

1u9DiEe.jpg

8cnFuqH.jpg

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Spells/Traps]

fmpL2eu.jpg

ElEEDfU.jpg

[/Spoiler]

So after looking at the cards, you have probably noticed that I have made them unsearchable by Emergency Teleport. There are quite a few reasons for this. I didn't want the cards to create so much card advantage out of one card, in fear of it being broken, so I felt level 4 was my safest bet. This also gives them access to the Rank 4 Xyz, while not the main goal of the deck, gives them a lot of solid options to fill out an extra deck.

Mainly the idea of the cards is to Normal Summon one of your Mages, and cycle them through, depleting your opponent's resources, then taking over the game with your Fusion Monsters. You play a couple of other solid value creatures to fill out the Main Deck slot that allows you to dig into your Deck and find reactive cards to deal with the situation. Depending on how you side deck, this makes finding important cards a lot easier as you can tailor almost any hand into an effective way to deal with what you are playing against.

[Spoiler=Initial Deck List]

Monsters [16]:

[3] Intellectuals Mage Violet

[3] Intellectuals Mage Shadow

[3] Intellectuals Mage Winda

[2] Mercenary of the Black Chain

[2] Chaos Sorcerer

[1] Thunder King Rai-Oh

[1] Mirror Horse

[1] Templar Chevalier

Spell Cards [13]:

[3] Pot of Duality

[3] Intellectual Energy Wave

[3] Intellectual Recall

[1] Burial from a Different Dimension

[1] Rageki

[1] Book of Moon

[1] Mystical Space Typhoon

Trap Cards [11]:

[3] Fiendish Chain

[2] Chain Break

[2] Breakthrough Skill

[2] Mirror Force

[1] Reader's Block

[1] Bottomless Trap Hole

Extra Deck [15]:

[3] Intellectual Grand Master

[3] Intellectuals Rituallist

[2] Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer

[2] Poker Joker Yarliqueen

[2] Reaper Princess - Mithra

[1] Trap Engineer Vivyzian

[1] Casuality Weapon - Ikaruga

[1] Cairngorgon, Antilumiscent Knight[/Spoiler]

Hey so, I think the effect monsters should be made optional, so their effects don't go off when you synchro summon with them.

That is a possibility. Considering the style of the Deck, not sure how much that will break this. I will come back to this when I get some free time to play with the Deck.

The worry is that people will just run a Synchro version that runs E-Tele regardless and just goes into Synchros with the free level 4 floaty dudes. It doesn't hurt to hit unintended power slightly, imo, especially when they plus on summon anyway. You run 3 of each, and it's not nearly as big of a problem with drawing into multiples as with Gadgets because they can search anything but themselves, right? So usually your chain of Intellectuals won't be hurt by this change.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived