[Archetype] Garroyal

themonkeyspower

One day I acknowledge the weakness of DEF as stat and defense position is not utilized much so I attempted to make an archetype based on these aspects of the game, but able to fair well in the dp meta.

[spoiler='Monster']srK9jsW.jpg

[spoiler='Lore'](This card is also treated as a Rock-Type monster.)

Once per turn, during either player's turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is attacked target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy that target during your opponents End Phase. This card must be face up to resolve this effect. Double any battle damage involving "Garroyal" monsters. Once during your opponent's turn you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; this turn that target must attack this monster this turn, your opponent cannot skip their Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.[/spoiler]

YNlwTdB.jpg

Once per turn, during either player's turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is attacked "Garroyal" monsters you control cannot be removed from the field by your opponent's card effects until the end of your opponents turn. Once during your opponent's turn you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; this turn that target must attack this monster this turn, your opponent cannot skip their Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.[/spoiler]

6PiG4GK.jpg

Once per turn, during either player's turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is attacked target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; negate that card's effects and activation until the end of your turn. During your opponent's turn all "Garroyal" monsters you control gain 800 DEF. Once during your opponent's turn you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; this turn that target must attack this monster this turn, your opponent cannot skip their Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.[/spoiler]

Y7F41DJ.jpg

Once per turn, during either player's turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is attacked add 1 "Garroyal" card from your deck to your hand. Once during your opponent's turn you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; this turn that target must attack this monster this turn, your opponent cannot skip their Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.[/spoiler]

Djg0gsD.jpg

Once per turn, during either player's turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is attacked halve the ATK of the attacking monster. The attacking monster cannot be used as a Xyz, Fusion, or Synchro material while this card is face-up on the field. Once during your opponent's turn you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; this turn that target must attack this monster this turn, your opponent cannot skip their Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.[/spoiler]

8R3QGSM.jpg

Once per turn this card cannot be destroyed by battle. You choose the attack targets for your opponent's attacks. All monsters your opponent currently controls must attack, your opponent cannot skip their Battle Phase. All other "Garroyal" monsters you control gain 400 DEF. You can normal summon "Garroyal" monsters in face-up defense position. If this card is attacked you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; halve the ATK of the attacking monster (permanently) and that monster gains an additional attack this turn.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spell']H2K5HGT.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']You choose the attack targets for your opponent's attacks. Once during your opponents Standby Phase, you can change all face-up monsters your opponent controls to Attack Position, and cannot change their battle positions this turn. All monsters your opponent currently controls must attack this turn, your opponent cannot skip their Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate the effects of this card if all face-up monsters you control are "Garroyal" monsters.[/spoiler]

KN5XmpH.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Once per turn if a "Garroyal" monster is attacked you can add 1 "Garroyal" card from your deck to your hand. During you Standby Phase you can switch the ATK and DEF of all face-up monster until the End Phase. You can only activate this effect if all face-up monsters you control are "Garroyal" monsters. If you activated this effect switch all "Garroyal" monsters you control to defense position during the End Phase.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Please discuss, CnC

I like them in their slow aspect. Though technically SuperHeavy Samurais (and by that extension Des Kangaroo and all of his trap cards) probably feel some kind of way about not being counted with the whole Defense discussion. My true fear is that they promote a horribly stale gamestate until freeing is in play. I mean unless you run weird things like Savage Coliseum (sp) and Staunch Defender to help make things more "aggressive" no one would willingly swing. My suggestion is that some of these monsters have to have the additional effect of forcing the opponent to attack.

Next, the fact that they are "always" treated as Rock-type monsters means that its not really logical for them to actually have fiend printed on their text outside of flavor reasons. They can literally benefit from none of the fiend support and will only benefit from other Rock Support.

Finally in terms of DP meta...that I'm not sure. After the first couple of battle exchanges I feel like people and all of their new custom removal will slowly pick these creatures off and attack when they feel safe. The archetype has no way of putting pressure on the opponent and warns all opponents of the clear and present danger and does nothing to upset their set-up.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived