[Archetype] InuHERO

Love of Ghibli

Under the joke that all of the Elemental Heroes had pets I decided to make InuHero. They are a simple rank 4 making set of dogs that have destruction capabilities. I figure since Duel Portal wanted to be more destruction based this may help. 

[spoiler: Main Deck monsters]

5FykgME.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] When this monster is Normal Summoned target 1 facedown card your opponent controls and destroy it. [/spoiler]

2BqksZs.jpg

[spoiler: Lore]

When a card(s) you control is destroyed (by battle or by card effect) you can Special Summon this monster from your graveyard. The effect of "InuHERO Courage" can only be activated once per turn.  [/spoiler]

ojdOyJR.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] When this card attacks or is attacked you can return any number of "InuHERO" monsters from your field to your hand to increase this monsters ATK 1000x monsters returned. Once per turn you can destroy 1 card you control to special summon 1 "InuHERO" monster from your graveyard. You can only control 1 "InuHERO Honor." [/spoiler]

CZJvYNM.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] When a card(s) your opponent controls is destroyed you can return 1 "InuHERO" monster you control to your hand to Special Summon this card from your hand.  [/spoiler]

11Mh6Gi.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] You can destroy 1 other card you control to add 1 "InuHERO" card you control from your graveyard to your hand. If you do then send 1 "InuHERO" monster from you deck to the graveyard. The effect of "InuHERO Valor" can only be activated once per turn.[/spoiler]

zVoaAhB.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] When an "InuHERO" monster activates its effect you may add an "InuHERO" monster with a different name from your deck to your hand. You can only activate the effect of "Dog Walker" once per turn. [/spoiler]

9TEHI9X.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] While this card is face up on the field, once per turn during your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon an "InuHERO" monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) Once per turn when an "InuHERO" monster you control is either returned from the field to your hand by a card effect or banished, draw 1 card. [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Spells and Traps]

1mtK4f1.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] When a card you control is destroyed by an opponents monster effect take control of that monsters. It becomes a Level 4 EARTH Beast-type monster. [/spoiler]

kd3SlAw.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] Return all "InuHERO" monsters on the field to their owners decks . Then destroy cards on the field equal to the number monsters returned. If you do then you can Special Summon "InuHERO" monsters from your hand up to the number of cards destroyed by this effect. [/spoiler]

L6ltqIF.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] When an EARTH monster you control is destroyed (by battle or by card effect) Special Summon 1 "InuHERO" from your deck. Till the end of the turn the Special Summoned monster cannot be destroyed by battle and is unaffected by other card effects. [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Extra]

zJlxH33.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] 2 Level 4 monsters

When a monster you control deals battle damage you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card to target that monster. Destroy the targeted monster and if you do Special Summon 1 monster with the same Type, Attribute and Level but with a different name. Monsters summoned by this effect have their effects negated and cannot declare attacks. You may only use the effect of "InuHERO Nirvana" once per turn. [/spoiler]

PCg92dp.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] 
3 Level 4 "InuHERO" monsters
The activation of "InuHERO" monster effects cannot be negated. When an "InuHERO" monster declares an attack your opponent cannot activate effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this monster does not have Xyz material its effects are negated. During your End Phase Detach 1 Xyz material from this card. 
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Brave outclasses so many cards it's not remotely amusing. :x Please make this card at least only be a Breaker or a Lyla and not able to just randomly kill anything.

Courage has no restrictions and is just generally a nuisance to deal with. At least it's an optional "when" effect, I guess; but it should likely be limited to when an InuHERO dies.

Honor is a Scrap Dragon on legs that has another effect. This is really not a good idea to have! The other effect is fine, and I like that you can reuse a Normal Summon effect. When Brave is reworked that'd be some nice synergy.

Noble raises some weird timing questions but the concept is fine.

Valor's second part seems to be designed to set Courage in the Graveyard. I'd like to ideally either see it gone or a bit more synergy, as Courage is only OPT.

Dog Days are Over is an arbitrarily strong card that is +X where X is the number of InuHEROs on the field. This is akin to Rekindling and much more threatening than, say, something like Saber Slash.

Defender Dog is a good card, but fine in terms of balance.

The Xyz Monsters are fine.

Brave outclasses so many cards it's not remotely amusing. :x Please make this card at least only be a Breaker or a Lyla and not able to just randomly kill anything.

It can only kill facedowns now. 

Courage has no restrictions and is just generally a nuisance to deal with. At least it's an optional "when" effect, I guess; but it should likely be limited to when an InuHERO dies.

Honor is a Scrap Dragon on legs that has another effect. This is really not a good idea to have! The other effect is fine, and I like that you can reuse a Normal Summon effect. When Brave is reworked that'd be some nice synergy. 

Scrap Dragon part is gone for something else.

Noble raises some weird timing questions but the concept is fine.

Valor's second part seems to be designed to set Courage in the Graveyard. I'd like to ideally either see it gone or a bit more synergy, as Courage is only OPT.
Honor now has revival powers so now Valor can help set-up Honor.

Dog Days are Over is an arbitrarily strong card that is +X where X is the number of InuHEROs on the field. This is akin to Rekindling and much more threatening than, say, something like Saber Slash.

Seeing as it doesn't sound like the destruction is the problem the SS'ing is the dogs now go to the deck so it should be hard to use.

Defender Dog is a good card, but fine in terms of balance.

The Xyz Monsters are fine.

Have also added Dog Walker, Wisdom, and Deceit. That is it with the set there was a archetype searcher spell but I want to stay away from those as a crutch.

Archived