[Archive] Avaren's DP Cards

Avaren

Sort of following the Singles bandwagon here, but instead of just showcasing my singles I'm also going to name the archetypes I have in/plan to put into DP.

[spoiler=Singles]

[spoiler=IceBurn Liquid Nitrogen]
59ff23008a.jpg
Text: Target upto 2 other cards on the field: Those cards lose their target(s), then you gain 100 Life Points for each WATER "IceBurn" Monster in your Graveyard.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Justine the Dreaded Light Bearer]

Link

ZMBf5ID.jpg

Text: 2 monsters of the same Type.

Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards you control to the Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".)
This card is unaffected by effects that do not target.

If a card(s) you control is removed from the field by your opponents card effect that does not target: Draw 1 Card, then if that card has the same name as one of the removed cards, reveal it and Draw 1 more card.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Noah's Search]

No Link Available

SyeVFfU.jpg

Text: During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 monster with a different Type then all face-up monsters you control (Min. 1) in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) While all face up monsters you control have different types to each other (Min. 2), this card cannot be destroyed by card effects and monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Aster of the Walking Flames]

83314e3a45.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fight Club]

seslRo5.jpg

Text: After this cards activation, Neither player can win the Duel by the effect of Exodia (This is a Quick-Effect.)

While this card remains face-up on the field, both players can only declare 1 attack per turn and cannot win the Duel except by this cards effect.
If an Attack position monster you control destroys an Attack position monster your opponent controls by battle, put 1 "Red" Counter on this card. If an Attack position monster your opponent controls destroys an Attack position monster you control by battle, put 1 "Blue" Counter on this card.
If this card has 5 more "Red" counters than "Blue" counters on it, you win the Duel. If this card has 3 more "Blue" counters than "Red" counters on it, your opponent wins the Duel.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Eternal Pathways]
NinCZHw.jpg

Text: Can only be activated in a chain.

Discard 2 Cards and declare an effect earlier in this chain: Negate that effect.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Witch of Isealis]

NqXeJpn.jpg

Text: 2 Level 4 Monsters.
During either players turn you can Detach 1 XYZ Material from this card: Until the end of the next Phase, cards that would be sent to the Graveyard are Banished instead.

If this card destroys a monster by battle and it is Banished as a result: you can attach that monster to this card as an XYZ Material.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Archetypes]

[spoiler=Public]

[spoiler=Baltic]

No Link Available

Archetype with mostly Spells/Traps, expands on the Trap Monster idea by having Spell Monsters and Monster Spells/Traps[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Skilled Soul]

Link

Archetype that mainly consists of Equip Spells, aimed at being mixable into other decks/archetypes to change goal/behaviour somewhat when side-decking.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=IceBurn]

Link

Archetype of mainly WATER/FIRE monsters, goal is to target to "freeze" your opponent and then do small burns throughout. Also do stuff with targeting like locking the card or destroying it.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Private]

[spoiler=Dirndl]

My attempt at a pendulum archetype, is on-hold until DP gets proper pendulum-usage support[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Divine Lord]

A Rank-Up archetype, made of Physic Monsters. Has some Fairy support, but that's because it's meant to be used in conjunction with the Herald of Archetype.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Herald of]

Group of Fairy's of varying levels, uses discards and ss a heap, and is meant to be the pathway to summon monsters from the Divine Lord archetype.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Musket]

has changed into Voi... see Voi[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Shining Knights]

Archetype designed to equip random cards to the monsters to gain effects, with Spells/traps either not doing much unless it's floating, or being able to set themselves if treated as an equip.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Voi]

Link

Based around putting counters onto things...[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

I might have missed some things, it's not like I keep everything sorted completely and DP is down, so I can't check there...

Thanks for checking this out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know this is totally a Necrobump, but I just found this archetype, and it's slightly overpowered and also requires quite a bit of OCG work. 

The thing is, you cannot say "being targeted", you'd have to say "being affected by the effect(s) of", and so this causes a host of OCG problems.

Crystal Slice, sort of OCG'd

During your Main Phase 1, if there is no face-up card on the field currently being affected by the effects of an "IceBurn - Crystal Slice" you control, you can activate this effect: Target 1 face-up card on the field; while this card remains face-up on the field, negate that target's effects. During each of your opponent's Standby Phases, while they control a face-up card whose effects are negated by by this card's effect, inflict 100 damage to them.

And the Melody,

During your Main Phase 1, if there is no monster on the field currently being affected by the effects of "IceBurn - Cold Melody", you can activate this effect: Target 1 monster on the field; while both this card and that monster remain face-up on the field, it cannot change its battle position or attack, also, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. During each of your opponent's Standby Phases, while they control a monster affected by this card's effect, inflict 100 damage to them.

And Dark Flame,

Durring your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard and you control no face-up cards: You can target 1 face-up card that is affected by the effects of an "IceBurn" card: Destroy that target, then, if you do, Special Summon this card from your Graveyard in face-up defense position. You can only activate this effect of "IceBurn - Dark Flame" once per turn.

etc.

Rock

If an opponent's monster declares a direct attack while you control no face-up cards and you have at least 1 "IceBurn" monster in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. During the End Phase of a turn this card is Special Summoned by this effect, you can Banish 1 "IceBurn" card from your Graveyard: Gain 800 LP. If this card is used for the Synchro Summon of a "IceBurn" monster, it can be treated as a Non-Tuner monster.

Also, in YGO, we do not give damage, we no longer deal damage; we inflict damage.

"Apply one of the following effects" has a period proceeding it, and then bullet points.

● etc.

I know this is totally a Necrobump, but I just found this archetype, and it's slightly overpowered and also requires quite a bit of OCG work. 

The thing is, you cannot say "being targeted", you'd have to say "being affected by the effect(s) of", and so this causes a host of OCG problems.

*stuff about ocg on being targeted*

*suggested change in both the conditions and effects of dawn rock*

Also, in YGO, we do not give damage, we no longer deal damage; we inflict damage.

"Apply one of the following effects" has a period proceeding it, and then bullet points.

● etc.

I believe in this section there is nothing against necro's... (nothing that I remember reading anyway.)

Ok. Firstly, I would prefer that if feedback would be posted on the card/sets thread rather then here, to make this more focused on the group as a whole.

Being Targeted point:

To me, being targeted makes much more sense, it reduces text size and makes sure that the card is still a valid target. "Being Targeted" may not exist in YGO as present, but new mechanics are made and put into the game and I would say everyone has a little creative le-way with what they create.

Also, no-one has said anything about it in the archetypes 3+years of existence.

Rock changes:

I would like it if you gave some sort of explanation as to why you think Dawn Rock needs changing. As it stands, I do not appreciate your suggestion of the conditions and effects. Dawn Rock belongs to the a-typical group, more specify to the access to ED part.

Inflicting over Dealing:

As I mentioned earlier, IceBurn is old (also I was still new to making cards), it is something that carried over from the first cards into the others. I may get around to fixing it, either way, thank you for pointing that out.

Bullet Points:

DP cannot store bullet points into its text, if I were to try, they would be left blank...

As such "-" replaces "".

You're free to not appreciate things as you desire.

I appreciate your hefty consideration. Very kind.

As for the bullet points, I understand. That is an unfortunate limitation.

Dawn Rock summons three monsters from your hand, which is kind of ridiculous, but they are your cards, so do what you wish with their core concepts.

Oh also, by the way, I really like this archetype. Like, a lot. It's amazingly fun to play. 

The issue is that it's just not proper wording. Whatever, nice cards, good job.

Dawn Rock summons three monsters from your hand, which is kind of ridiculous, but they are your cards, so do what you wish with their core concepts.

Oh also, by the way, I really like this archetype. Like, a lot. It's amazingly fun to play. 

The issue is that it's just not proper wording. Whatever, nice cards, good job.

Dawn rock ss upto 2 monsters including itself, this means it can ss itself and one other monster (another dawn rock, or a freedom phoenix).

I try to keep good OCG, however I think the being targeted part has it's uses both for the card in remaining a proper target and for the amount of space the text takes.

Archived