[Singles] CocoaGalaxy's Generic Cards.

CocoaGalaxy

Hi folks....I think I'm doing this correctly?

Uh, well image hunting aside, it's..what it is I guess?

The cards will be in text form, so...I hope nobody minds too much

Well let's begin then shall we

[Spoiler=Dimension Xyz]

Normal Spell

(1): Target 3 monsters with the same Original Name and Level in your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck that can be Xyz Summoned using those targets that are in the Graveyard, and attach those targets to the Summoned monster as Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon). You cannot Summon other monsters the turn you use this effect

If the ruling that I intend needs to be clarified, then, it's like Advanced Heraldry Art, except that

A: If you cannot Xyz Summon, you obviously cannot activate the card.

B: If at the time of resolution, you cannot Xyz Summon, the effect resolves without effect. You must end up with an Xyz Monster basically.

C: If one of the monsters is banished by D.D. Crow, you will still summon the other two and Xyz, unless you can't

D: If both monsters are banished, you don't Summon since you can't Xyz.

I'm not sure if there are any other relevant rulings for now.

Or at least, that's the intention

So for the card itself, yes I ripped it from the Anime. It's potentially dangerous enough, because I understand some people will be screaming that this + Scepter is a plus 6 that potentially cannot be responded to if you Summon Delteros. I'll...think about that as well. I honestly do understand that it's a bit much...and I am trying to think of a way.

The card itself does scream broken and abusive so...maybe I'll think about more restrictions for it. It's definitely not as powerful as Soul Charge...maybe? Please?

[/Spoiler]

On to the next card then.

[Spoiler=We Cross]

Quick Play Spell

(1): Tribute 1 monster you control; Special Summon 1 monster with the same Original Name as the tributed monster from your Deck.

Totally not Qliphort Support at all. Besides the fact that Qliphorts are, you know.

It's also totally not hieratic support, or at least, it wasn't intended to be.

I hope it's not too broken? It's kinda like a different Swallow's Nest I guess.

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Xyz Right]

Quick Play Spell

(1): Detach 2 Xyz Materials from Xyz Monsters you control; Banish 1 card on the field

I don't really think this is broken or anything, because..well it is what it is.

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Rank-Up-Magic Galaxyion Force]

Normal Spell

(1): Target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control and detach all Xyz Materials from it(if any); Xyz Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 Xyz Monster 1 Rank higher than that target, using that target as Xyz Material, then you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn

Well I don't know about the full arsenal of Xyz Monsters on Duelportal..but as I'd like to defend myself, first the Summoned monster has only 1 material. Second is that it's still a -1 by itself..so I don't know. It's kind of a weird card, potentially useless, potentially broken.

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Rank-Up-Magic The Holy One]

Normal Spell

(1): Pay 2000 Life Points, then target 1 "Number" Xyz Monster in your Graveyard, except a "Number C" monster; Special Summon that target and immediately when this effect resolves, Xyz Summon 1 "Number C" Xyz Monster, using the Summoned monster as Xyz Material. You cannot Summon except by this effect the turn you use this effect.

Uhm...well..hopefully this isn't too broken? I mean I know it has the potential to go +1 or more, but uhm..hopefully it's not too busted.

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Titan Set]

The Titan of Shadow

Fiend/Effect/DARK/4/1800/0

Cannot be Special Summoned

This card cannot be targeted for attacks, and can attack your opponent directly, but if it does so by this effect, any damage it inflicts is halved

The Titan of Illusion

Fiend/Effect/DARK/4/1800/0

This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects, and can attack your opponent directly, but if it does so by this effect, any damage it inflicts is halved.

The Titan of Fantasy

Fiend/Effect/DARK/4/0/0

This card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. Your opponent takes all Battle Damage you would have taken from battles involving this card.

The Titan of Delusion

Fiend/Effect/DARK/4/0/0

Cannot be targeted for attacks. 

(1): Once per chain, if only this card is targeted by a card effect: You can target another card you control that would be an appropriate target; that card/effect now targets the new target.

So...here are a bunch of titans. I added the Summoning restriction to prevent them from being swarmed onto the field. As such, with just 1 per turn, I think it should be manageable. The effects are potentially pretty strong I will admit.

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Gold-Eyes]

Gold-Eyes Onyx Dragon

Dragon/Effect/DARK/8/2500/2000

(1): You can tribute this card from your hand and 1 other monster from your hand; Special Summon 1 "Gold-Eyes Shining Magician" from your Deck. It cannot attack this turn.

(2): During either player's turn: You can return this card to your hand; Draw 1 card

You can only use 1 effect of "Gold-Eyes Onyx Dragon" per turn, and only once that turn

Gold-Eyes Shining Magician

Spellcaster/Effect/LIGHT/8/3000/2500

This card inflicts piercing Battle Damage

(1): You can tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Gold-Eyes Onyx Dragon" from your Deck or Graveyard

(2): During either player's turn: You can shuffle this card into your Deck; Draw 1 card

You can only use 1 effect of "Gold-Eyes Shining Magician" per turn, and only once that turn

Two cards which I think duo together fairly decently. Other than that though..I dunno. I think they're not broken, at the very least.

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Cross Divide]

Enjoy?

Normal Spell

(1): Pay 1000 Life Points, then target 1 card on the field; Destroy it

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Overwhelming Chivalry]

Normal Spell

(1): Pay 1000 Life Points; Neither player can activate cards or effects during the next Battle Phase

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Helios' Right]

Quick Play Spell

(1): Pay 2000 Life Points, then target 1 card on the field; Negate it's effects, also banish it

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Overwhelming Fusion]

Normal Spell

Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by using 2 Normal Monsters from your Deck as Fusion Material

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Overwhelming Fusion MK2]

Normal Spell

Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by using monsters from your hand or side of the field as Fusion Material.

For each monster your opponent controls that was Summoned from the Deck or Extra Deck, you can also use 1 monster from your Deck as Fusion Material. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card, nor Special Summon other monsters for the rest of this turn

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Xyz Cross]

Quick Play Spell

(1): Banish 1 Xyz Monster you control and target 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. It's effects are negated

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Xyz Illusion]

Quick Play Spell

(1): Target 1 Xyz Monster you control; It is unaffected by your opponent's card effects for the rest of this turn

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Xyz Annihilation]

Normal Spell

(1): Choose 1 Xyz Monster you control and detach all Xyz Material from it, then target monsters on the field with a Level/Rank lower than the Rank of the chosen monster, up to the number of detached materials; Destroy them

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Trap Paradigm]

Quick Play Spell

(1): Tribute 1 Trap card you control that is a monster; Draw 1 card

(2): If a card(s) is Special Summoned from your Spell & Trap Zone as a monster: You can banish 1 Trap card from your Graveyard; Add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.

You can only use 1 effect of "Trap Paradigm" per turn, and only once per turn

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Radiation Pressure]

Continuous Spell

All monsters your opponent control lose 500 ATK and DEF.

(1): If this card is sent to the Graveyard : All monsters your opponent currently control lose 500 ATK and DEF

(2): During your Draw Phase, instead of conducing your Normal Draw: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Roar of the Galaxy]

Equip Spell

(1): When the equipped monster destroys a monster by battle, you can: Inflict damage to both players equal to the destroyed monster's ATK or DEF

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Revolution Force]

Normal Spell

(1): If your opponent controls a monster Summoned from the Deck or Extra Deck: Target 1 card on the field; Destroy it

[/Spoiler]

The rest of the cards, while Generic, are either Pendulums, which I won't post since we don't have Pendulums on Duelportal, or Synchro or Xyz Monsters...which will be covered some other time then.

Enjoy? I hope the cards aren't too broken

[Spoiler=Changelog]

1.01: Updated Delusion. Lowered other Titans to 1800. Rewrote Galaxyion Force for some silly reason. Updated Holy One, Dimension Xyz

1.02: Updated GEOD and GESM

1.03: Added Cross Divide

1.04: Added Overwhelming Chivalry

1.05: Added Helios' Right. Updated Cross Divide as well as Updated and Rewrote Dimension Xyz

1.06: Updated Overwhelming Chivalry

1.07: Updated Overwhelming Chivalry

1.08: Added Overwhelming Fusion

1.09: Added Overwhelming Fusion MK2

1.10: Added Xyz Cross, Xyz Illusion, and Xyz Annihilation

1.11: Added Trap Paradigm

1.12: Updated Trap Paradigm

1.13: Added Radiation Pressure

1.14: Added Seven's Evocation

1.15: Removed Seven's Evocation. Added Roar of the Galaxy

1.16: Added Revolution Force

[/Spoiler]

Delusion is pretty next-level dumb. It is a legendary-tier Marshmallon (aka stall card). The other Titans are /yawn which is fine, although 2k attack with a decent effect is too much. I advise a slight reduction, perhaps to 1800.

The wording on Galaxion Force doesn't make sense if you intend for it to only have 1 mat. It will summon it with all remaining mats. You should either detach all the Materials as part of the effect or have it only able to target Material-less monsters. I would say the flexibility is probably ok until someone figures out something broken though.

Holy One seems alright as a concept. But it's really good. It's a generic Seventh One (which, admittedly, can't grab from the Extra ...). I would advise making it once per duel or placing some other kind of limitation.

Dimension Xyz is interesting. If you would like to avoid Scepter (or similar) abuse, simply add the clause that "Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to the Xyz Summon." and Scepter (as well as similar cards like Aster Drawn) will be unable to proc. Also I'm not sure if the wording is the best for the last clause; I have a couple possible solutions but it might be fine as it currently is.

We Cross seems alright. As for Qliphort and Hieratic - the interaction is probably fine. The card is inherently a -1 obviously, except when used to dodge removal.

Xyz RIght doesn't target, which is not a design philosophy I like. It's probably not even that great aside from that though.

The wording for Dimensional Xyz is alright but so inelegant @_@

Otherwise the fixes look alright. 2k LP is pretty good of a cost (hefty but not unusable) for Holy One because it's not like you're gonna devote 4 slots in your Extra to 2 SHARKs anyway right.

Ok so, at present the Gold-Eyes cards are a little bit too strong.

This is a really spashable pseudo draw engine. 
Dragon + 1 monster -> Special Summon Magician (this is a -1 at this point)
Magician can then attack for free. if it was gonna die to anything other than a counter trap, return it to deck to draw.
This makes it a 1 for 1 trade over all, that filled your grave with a monster in hand, and the dragon (2 in hand, for 1 draw and 1 dead trap your opponent had). This also doesnt cost your normal summon.
If it swings (as a 3k piercing monster) successfully, in main phase 2 tribute Magician to ss Dragon from deck (or grave). 
End your turn. At any point during your opponent's turn, return dragon to hand to draw. As it has a 2.5k body, it is solid protection from attacking, and forces your opponent to commit to deal with it. If they commit, you can return it for free. Overall that is a 1 for 1 (1 monster in hand + dragon -> dragon + 1 draw) that gives you a non normal summoned 3k piercer, while setting up your graveyard and turboing through your deck. And it cannot be stopped. The only way to try and make it not a 1 for 1 is to kill the dragon summoned off magician in main phase 2. However, if they do that, you must have gotten a free attack from your magician. Which is almost certainly equal to a free plus (3k battle damage, or a killed monster)

Also note, they are level 8 for trade in. And light/dark for chaos.
The easy fix is making the second effect spell speed 1.

I actually kinda forgot that...

To be honest, you probably don't want to tribute your Carriers and Helixes from the hand

The Hieratic part...well this is what I get when I make card effects with tribute everywhere....

I suppose if it gets too out of hand I'll do something about it, seems odd anyway for Hieratics

EDIT:

I actually forgot that I had a card, more or less. I've added it to the main post as well

For Dimension XYZ, you may want to consider something along the lines of

[spoiler=effect]

Target 3 monsters with the same Original Name and Level in your Graveyard; XYZ Summon a monster from your Extra Deck using those Targets as if they were on the field. You cannot Summon other monsters the turn you activate this effect.[/spoiler]

This would cause the ruling points you pointed out to be very much obvious within the effect itself (you're only summoning an XYZ monster, if you can't summon it, the XYZ Mats stay where they are and the XYZ mats all have to still be valid targets to use for an XYZ Summon)

Something I will point out however, is that the way I mention won't leave you with an extra monster if you only xyz using 2 mats, your wording wording would be that either you can't xyz a 2 mat unless one gets banished before it's ss'ed or it will leave a mat on the field.

A question for XYZ Right: what If I have 2 XYZ monsters, one with 1 mat and one with 2 mats?

Very uhm..confusing...

It's possible to change the style of it, but I'm not fully sure. So frustrating though.

I guess some of the problems would be solved depending on things like Xyz Materials or by changing it's interaction with grave removal, but..I don't want to do it unless it's necessary.

1 card Xyzs are so problematic

I don't see how it is confusing... going to say that it must be because of a differing view...

Don't get why people are so insistent on making cards XYZ (from like the graveyard/hand/etc) by first ss'ing the mats. Makes little sense to me for most non-rank-up purposes.

Overwhelming Cavalry is cool.

Cross Divide is not a great idea. See Smashing Ground, MST, etc. Why would I not run at least 2 of this card in most decks given that it's so flexible? Please add some sort of hefty cost or just outright change the card.

I think Dimension Xyz is fine how it's currently worded, honestly. ARA has a few rulings dealing with edge cases, which is completely fine; and it's worded very simply, no?

I'm not..fully sure. I know that it's main draw is that it's flexible, being that i can target and destroy any monster your opponent controls while also functioning as backrow removal if needed..but I'm not sure if people would really run it and have lots of fun with it. Plus I don't think there's anything really wrong with it.

In any case I've slapped a cost on it, but whether or not it will matter I have no idea.

The other...card I made some time ago was commented on in a different manner, but who knows..who knows..

I've added it to the OP as well........so we'll see I guess.

I've also changed Dimension Xyz to be..slightly different now. Only time can tell.

The reason that it's extremely strong is because of its flexibility. Removal is removal, right? Except this card is never dead. Your opponent will always have cards for you to destroy, compared to Smashing Ground and MST, for example, which are dead some or a lot of the time.

I notice that you've added another new card. Sit down, my friend, for a riveting tale of why designing an abundance of common playables is bad. Actually that's too much work to explain, so I'll just lay it out for you - designing staples is one of the easiest ways to cause power creep.

Helios' Right is far too strong of an effect, especially on a quickplay Spell. Not even 2k LP is a hefty enough cost for this effect, and the card is either terrible (if actually balanced) or essentially broken (if not balanced like it currently is; it's pretty imba). There's no forewarning or anything, you just straight up play it and something dies, no skill involved.

Please stop making staples! Instead, make more niche cards; Role Players who will help make a specific deck or playstyle somewhat more viable, or create new ones. Universally powerful cards spell a recipe for disaster. It is very important to note that cards playable in every deck create vacuums where cards worse than that card will never see play. What happens when an abundance of this kind of thing happens? It's a vicious cycle. Requiring specific conditions to happen and making cards /not/ playable in every deck is a good thing.

Also, regarding Overwhelming Chivalry; I thought it was just S/T cards and effects and didn't catch that it made everything into Citrine. A card like this is far too blanket! Please do not do this kind of thing. I get what the card is trying to accomplish, but you are basically invalidating swathes of people's cards while doing it, which makes this card into a pseudo-floodgate. This is bad. Please fix this. I recommend just saying "Spell/Trap Cards during the Battle Phase", which is a much more reasonable card compared to Armades Power-Up Pack: Fun For the Whole Family.

The problem with the cost you slapped on Chivalry is that it now lets you destroy it at will, allowing you to activate whatever you want during battlephases. You can hammer through your opponent's facedown monsters worry free and then destroy the card in the end phase.

It's an uninteractive card, though.

I'd advise it to at the very least die in the opponent's EP, so that they get a chance to do a counterswing if they are able.

Adding a cost to an intrinsically poor effect doesn't really fix anything either, unfortunately. A lot of the right time the right call is just to revise the effect itself!

Alright then, if you say so, I'll make a few more changes, etc

In any case for now anyway, I'm pretty sure I don't have any other cards to make..for now anyway.

Things being things, not to mention the uh.....reception, perhaps, hohoho.

Maybe time will tell.

After all, I did make another card before..but I'm not even going to chance it this time, I'll just not post it.

Archived