[mini-archetype] nocturnal requiem [6+2/8 complete]

Cirrus

[spoiler=Monsters]Nocturnian Warden
Level 4 - LIGHT - Zombie/Tuner/Effect - 0/1300
When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack while you have a Zombie-Type monster in your Graveyard, or when a Zombie-Type monster you control is targeted for an attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then end the Battle Phase. If this card is discarded: Gain 500 LP.

Nocturnian Lacerator
Level 4 - LIGHT - Zombie/Effect - 2000/400
If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can Tribute this card; gain LP equal to its ATK on the field, then draw 1 card. If this card is discarded: Gain 500 LP.

Nocturnian Ritualist
Level 4 - LIGHT - Zombie/Effect - 1700/600
Once per turn: You can shuffle up to 2 banished Zombie-Type monsters into the Deck, and if you do, this card gains 400 ATK until the end of this turn, also you gain 500 LP for each monster shuffled. If this card is discarded: Gain 500 LP.

Nocturnian Reveler
Level 3 - LIGHT - Zombie/Effect - 1100/0
You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this monster. At the start of the Damage Step, if this attacking card battles a monster with DEF less than or equal to its ATK: You can destroy that monster, and if you do, gain LP equal to the DEF the destroyed monster had on the field. If this card is discarded: Gain 500 LP.

Nocturnian Pawn
Level 2 - LIGHT - Zombie/Effect - 0/0
If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (by battle or by effect) and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy that target, then gain 500 LP. If this card is discarded: Gain 500 LP.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Field Spell]Realm of Nocturne
Field Spell
Each time a "Nocturnian" monster(s) is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, gain 500 LP. Once per turn: You can discard any number of Zombie-Type monsters; draw cards equal to the number of monsters discarded. During the End Phase, if you gained 1500 or more LP this turn: Draw 1 card.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Synchro Monsters]Nocturnian Progenitor
Level 7 - LIGHT - Zombie/Synchro/Effect - 2500/1700
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Zombie-Type monsters
As long as this card is face-up, play with the top card of your Deck revealed. If the top card of your Deck is a Zombie-Type monster, all Zombie-Type monsters you control gain 800 ATK, and can attack directly if all monsters your opponent controls are in Defense Position. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; shuffle up to 1 monster from your Graveyard into your Deck, then you can draw 1 card.

Nocturnian Arbiter
Level 6 - LIGHT - Zombie/Synchro/Effect - 2400/1400
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Each time a monster(s) is discarded, gain 500 LP. This card inflicts piercing Battle Damage. If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: Gain LP equal to the damage inflicted. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card and pay 2000 LP; your opponent sends 1 monster they control to the Graveyard (their choice).[/spoiler]

LIGHT lifegain Zombies. Has some interesting applications. We'll see what happens.

I don't think it would, unfortunately; see the (now-obsolete but still somewhat valid) ruling on Share the Pain v. Vennominaga. But it is also possible that it might work. I'm really not sure. How does a Towers interact with an opposing Skybase?

I'm like 80% sure that it wouldn't though, realistically and reasonably speaking :(

I'm confused by your answer.

In any case, the ruling is that 

Level 10 Towers will still force Level 11 Towers to the Grave, because "Tower's effect is not an effect"
Something like that

So the question here is, will it "affect" monsters that are unaffected by monster effects, things like that.

Somewhat like how Threatening Roar still prevents EHERO Wildheart from attacking, even though he is unaffected by effects, Roar's effect places a "condition" I guess.

2 many words 4 me

Oh, fantastic. Great. Then it works.

It's just a "target player sacrifices a creature" effect a la mtg. And yeah I know that Towers is an effect not-effect condition-like thing but I wasn't sure if it was treated as an effect or not... since it seemed that Share the Pain had similar wording and didn't work on Vennominaga ... ?? thanks upper deck

I'm a fan of incremental lifepoint gain. The loving synergy with Zombie master and Shutendoji make me wary of Chaos variants, but meh what do I know.

I think the only thing that I don't really get is the 1k boost to every zombie seems excessive especially since its not that hard to rig the top card of your deck with Plague. 

Archived