Idea: Pokemon Crimes Unit.

Well, actually, I posted the first chapter on FF.net but I deleted it. I still have the chapter but I'm going to re-work it a bit.

Anyway, the idea is this; Pokemon fic that takes place in the real world and focuses on the police department of a fictional American city. The main focus of the fic would obviously be the Pokemon Crimes Unit, hence the title. Basically, the unit is responsible for investigating crimes that are related to Pokemon. The main antagonists would be CIpher and Team Rocket and the main plot? Well, a feud between Cipher and Team Rocket.

Basically, CSI meets Pokemon but it's not really CSI. All original characters except Giovanni and maybe a few others.

Any advice? Thoughts? And yes, this time, I would post it on here. Even though CW is....not the most active of forums.

Er, I don't think Cipher and Team Rocket coexist, unless I'm much mistaken. Orre is kind of in a weird place of its own. Plus, there's the question of time in regards to the timeskip between Colosseum and XD. You'll probably want to pick different teams. Galactic ought to do much better; that way you don't have to deal with the awkwardness between Orre and the rest of the regions. Besides that - pretty cool idea; would read. I like ideas like this that explore aspects of life in a given world that the main story doesn't have time to cover.

Er, I don't think Cipher and Team Rocket coexist, unless I'm much mistaken. Orre is kind of in a weird place of its own. Plus, there's the question of time in regards to the timeskip between Colosseum and XD. You'll probably want to pick different teams. Galactic ought to do much better; that way you don't have to deal with the awkwardness between Orre and the rest of the regions. Besides that - pretty cool idea; would read. I like ideas like this that explore aspects of life in a given world that the main story doesn't have time to cover.

Well, it's pretty much an alternate universe fanfic hence why the two groups are....well there. Like I said, it takes place in the REAL world. 

Well that's even MORE confusing. Cipher relied a lot on its desert location, its alliance with Team Snagem, and its Shadow Pokemon plot. I don't think it's really comparable to Team Galactic...

As for it taking place on Earth: why? It raises fewer questions if you set it somewhere in the Pokemon world - maybe some made-up island conveniently between a couple regions, or in Vermillion City or the like (i.e., a port) - and it's exploring that aspect of the games more directly. Plus, then you can tell us about shady operations in Silph Co., or investigate a theft or murder in the Pokemon Fan Club, or play with the existence of Gym Leaders... What do you gain, do you think, by setting the story on Earth? I don't mean to say there's no benefit at all - there very well could be. I just think it's important to ask what changing the setting to Earth would add to the story.

Well that's even MORE confusing. Cipher relied a lot on its desert location, its alliance with Team Snagem, and its Shadow Pokemon plot. I don't think it's really comparable to Team Galactic...

As for it taking place on Earth: why? It raises fewer questions if you set it somewhere in the Pokemon world - maybe some made-up island conveniently between a couple regions, or in Vermillion City or the like (i.e., a port) - and it's exploring that aspect of the games more directly. Plus, then you can tell us about shady operations in Silph Co., or investigate a theft or murder in the Pokemon Fan Club, or play with the existence of Gym Leaders... What do you gain, do you think, by setting the story on Earth? I don't mean to say there's no benefit at all - there very well could be. I just think it's important to ask what changing the setting to Earth would add to the story.

I'm....not actually sure, tbh. I just felt like make the setting Earth.

Wait, the same thing without the Pokemon? ...With all due respect, what would be the point of the story then? Or rather, what would the pitch even look like?

I dunno. I'm still trying to plan it out if I go that route. The idea I have currently is something like Need for Speed but not a Need for Speed fanfiction.

However, I want to do the Pokemon idea but at the same time, you brought up some good points. Not blaming you for anything, mind you, but now I dunno. I mean, I still want to give the "Pokemon in real word" idea a try but....

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, both of my ideas seem pretty bad...

Archived