Mython Archetype [8th Update: Modification of Equip Spell Cards]

Lasaro Ginjou

I am in the process of planning it, now. So, my idea so far, step by step is:

1. Make a few more Mython Deity Xyz monsters. In other words, more Olympians.
  2. I was thinking of making a field spell card with a Rank-up effect. Called something like: Rank-Up Realm: Reverse Ascension.
  3. Then make Mython Titan Xyz monsters. Starting from Cronus and Gaia (parents of most of the Olympians) then moving on to others.

What do you think?

All in all a good job again. However Gryphon seems to have a bit too much power toward the middle-end of a duel. If you have 5 monster in the grave that's 2500 Atk. So at the end of a duel this is a bit op so maybe x300 or x400 maybe?

All in all a good job again. However Gryphon seems to have a bit too much power toward the middle-end of a duel. If you have 5 monster in the grave that's 2500 Atk. So at the end of a duel this is a bit op so maybe x300 or x400 maybe?

I thought about that, too, but then I thought that the second effect balances it up:

1. This card's original ATK and DEF is the number of "Mython Beast" monsters in your Graveyard x500.
  2. Once per turn, you can banish 1 "Mython Beast" monster from your Graveyard: this card cannot be targeted by card effects this turn.

With the second effect I sacrifice 500 ATK and DEF each time I use it. So, by the middle of the duel many of my monsters will be banished.

I thought it was time for an Update. So here we are.
5th UPDATE
Xyz Monsters
[spoiler=Hera (D008)]4ZO9Od1.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Athena (D009)]mNmRwUG.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Aphrodite (D010)]vQzislH.jpg[/spoiler]

I thought I should make a few females, too. It is way to "male" focused so far.

Opinions/Critics?

More cards!!!!
6th UPDATE
Spell Cards (been a while since I made a few supports)
[spoiler=Boots of Hermes (S009)]6AfosGS.jpg[/spoiler]
Xyz Monsters
[spoiler=Artemis (D011)]uxkUkH1.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Demeter (D012)]LTuH137.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Hermes (D013)]qhtN14X.jpg[/spoiler]
This signals the end (for now) of "Mython Deity" cards. What's next? Mython Titans

Opinions/Critics?

Here come the Titans. Thanks to Kidan Dragneel I was able to come up with the idea of using the Mython Deities to Summon Mython Titans with Rank-Up Magic. Thanks Kidan Dragneel.
7th UPDATE
Spell Cards (been a while since I made a few supports)
[spoiler=Rank-Up Magic: Reverse Ascension (S010)]5TJswMr.jpg[/spoiler]
Xyz Monsters
[spoiler=Themis (Ti001)]UWyZY6J.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rhea (Ti002)]hRbNOJP.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Oceanus (Ti003)]APiaKva.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Gaia (Ti004)]lJi7cop.jpg[/spoiler]

Opinions/Critics?

At first I thought it would be hard to get the combos, but mython realm completely fixes that problem.

That was the plan.

There is only one problem now. There is no way to summon the Rank 5 Xyz monsters without the Rank-Up Field Spell. Maybe I can change some of the levels to smaller ones.

or you could make some Level Four Mython Monsters which have the ability to change levels on with some kind of special Ability.

That is a nice idea. On the other hand, in order to follow mythology they are supposed to be the big guns that use Deities as materials. So, they could as well stay as they are.

I will see. But your idea is quite nice.

I got a better idea, Like the Pendulum Monsters Destruction Magician/Creation Magician combo to summon Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, have a Level 4 Mython Monster which can Select up to 2 Mython Deity Monsters and until the end of the turn, they're Ranks are treated as Levels then use the one which increases the Level by 1 with a second monster.

I got a better idea, Like the Pendulum Monsters Destruction Magician/Creation Magician combo to summon Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, have a Level 4 Mython Monster which can Select up to 2 Mython Deity Monsters and until the end of the turn, they're Ranks are treated as Levels then use the one which increases the Level by 1 with a second monster.

So, what you mean is, have a level 4 monster that can select 2 rank 4 xyz and increase their rank by 1 and have the treated as levels?
Interesting Idea, a bit complicated though. Which monsters should I do you think?

well the idea is to have two monsters, one to change the Ranks to Levels and then the second one would increase their levels by 1 so they could be used as the Xyz Material for the Titans if you don't have the field spell yet, and I would think something like a High Ranking Monster of Myth could be used of the monsters.

Like it could be like this

Mython Giant Cyclops

Water/Beast-Warrior/Level 4/1500 ATK/1000 DEF

Effect: "Once Per Turn, Discard up to 2 Mython Monsters from you had to selected up to 2 Mython Deity Xyz Monsters you control and for the rest of the turn, Their Ranks are treated as Levels."

Reason: Cyclopes are very near sighted and might confuse the Level with Rank, and Vice Versa.

and the other could be

Mython Hero Theseus

Water/Warrior/Level 4/1700 ATK /1500 DEF

Effect: "Once Per Turn, Send 2 Spell or Trap Cards from your side of the field to the graveyard to Select 2 Level 4 Mython Monsters on your side of the field. Increase their Levels By 1 Until the End o the turn."

these are examples of the concept.

What about adding another effect to all the equip spell cards?
For example:"(the rest of the effect...). Increase the level of the equipped monster by 1. The rank of an Xyz monster equipped with this card is treated as level when used as an Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of a "Mython Titan" monster."

Since this Archetype is quite "Xyz focused" this effect fits well I believe. What do you think?

The cards that can have this effect are (so far):

• Medusa's Head
  • Adamantine Sword
  • Hydra's Poison Arrow
  • Golden Fleece
  • Boots of Hermes

that can work, it works better since you only get the second effects when equipping to a Mython Deity Monsters.

Now that I see it it has to be written a bit differently:"(the rest of the effect...). Increase the level/rank of the equipped monster by 1. The rank of an Xyz monster equipped with this card is treated as level when used as an Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of a "Mython Titan" monster."

Slightly modified the effects of the equip spell cards to enable Xyz summoning of rank 5 xyz monsters.
8th UPDATE
Equip Spell Cards (been a while since I made a few supports)
[spoiler=Medusa's Head (S003)]troAlQ7.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Adamantine Sword (S004)]f15zqXz.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Hydra's Poison Arrow (S006)]kR3P3xU.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Golden Fleece (S007)]2bkQ9SG.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Boots of Hermes (S009)]CJihu5X.jpg[/spoiler]

Opinions/Critics?

Archived