Uggla6 Released Set - Week 3

Uggla6

Hello all,

It might appear that I'm a newbie and that's because I rarely use this site even though I acknowledge it as a great site for Yu-Gi-Oh creativity. That being said, I'm proud to say that Yu-Gi-Oh has been a large part of my life in the last several years whether that's been investing, trading, playing both competitively and casually, and finally creating the cards I believe Konami should release someday (heck, I might continue to play). Every card I create is a card that in my head should be printed and would be a viable card in the game. Some cards are better than others and even some people may argue that some of the cards are too powerful, (although I feel that nothing I create could surpass the current meta or where it'll be in 6 months) but all of them have come from the deepest part of my creative. All of my ideas are original; however, the artwork is from some of the amazing artists that exist on the internet. The reason that I'm finally releasing all these sets I've created over the years is because I'm taking a break from the game. I couldn't bring myself to say leaving the game, because I don't think that anything will get me over my nostalgic feeling towards the game and selling certain decks that I hold dearest. However, due to the loss of enjoyment from the game, the last few and upcoming poor formats, as well as the tiredness from keeping ahead of Konami's economic scheme I'm going to be settling down. Even the original creators have moved onto a new game and company and so I thought that was telling me to do the same (the game is Cardfight Vanguard and anyone who is interested in learning or anything else, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to help). Anyway, in lieu of this break I'm going to posting a single set/archetype that I have created over the years that I deem acceptable to go to the printing table each week until I've posted all my cards. Before posting I'm going to check for grammar errors and try my best to convert some of my older cards with problem solving text. For those of you here I hope that these cards can give enjoyment to continue on with the game, or at least be the inspiration of some of your own fantastic creations. Enjoy!

For some reason the first time that I posted this is didn't record any of my cards and so I'm redoing the whole post.  I apologize in advance foe rushing through this, but I'm rather frustrated.  Anyway with out further adieu I bring to you the Noble Novas.  They are a small 6 cards archetype that are rather comboy and fairly consistent.  They would be considered competitive and are one of my more recent additions to my collection of created cards.  They focus around the mechanic of banishing and quick Xyz summoning similar to quick Synchroing.  Hope you enjoy.  Also I will be impressed with the first person that is able to figure out what this archetype is based off of.  

[spoiler=Main Monsters]

483733.jpg

Noble Nova Helotrophic

"You can discard this card to the Graveyard: Banish 1 "Noble Nova" monster from your Deck. If this card is banished: You can add 1 "Noble Nova" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each "Noble Nova Helotrophic" effect once per turn."

The first combo piece that it vital to the whole deck.  If the deck ever need to get hit, you can just hit this card and kill the deck.

483735.jpg

Noble Nova Neogalatic

"If you control a face-up "Noble Nova" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in face-up Defense Position. If this card is banished: You can Special Summon 1 "Noble Nova" monster from your Deck."

This card is combo piece that you abuse to allow you to Special Summon monsters to get out Xeno.  He creates a nice little loop that can make your opponent's life a pain.

483737.jpg

Noble Nova Argomorph

"Any "Noble Nova" card sent to the Graveyard is banished instead. Once per turn, you can banish 1 monster from your Graveyard to activate 1 of these effects.

● Increase this card’s Level by 1, until the End Phase.

● Reduce this card’s Level by 1, until the End Phase."

The last monster in the main deck, but he is still crucial.  He is also involved in the main combo, but more importantly he helps you survive when you fail to execute the main combo.  [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells]

None[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Traps]

483746.jpg

Noble Nova Ranadiance

"Once per turn, during either player's turn: you can return 1 banished "Noble Nova" card to your Deck to activate 1 of these effects.

● Special Summon 1 banished "Noble Nova" monster.

● Banish 1 "Noble Nova" monster in your Graveyard."

The only Spell/Trap card in the archetype, but man is it powerful.  Plus it's searchable.  It allows you to recycle your combo pieces while giving you ways to maintain field control.  Also the last piece of the main combo.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Extra Monsters]

483743.jpg

Noble Nova Xeno

"2 Level 5 WIND monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; Set 1 "Noble Nova Ranadiance" directly from your Deck. During your opponent's Main Phase, while this card has no Xyz Materials: You can target 1 monster with a level you control, this card is treated as a monster with the same level as the targeted monster. Immediately after this effect resolves, Xyz Summon 1 Xyz Monster using this card and the targeted monster only. When this card is banished: Return this card to the Extra Deck."

The main boss of the deck the allows for great versatility.  Fortunately he requires to Level 5 Wind monsters and is reasonably difficult to make outside of the archetype.

483747.jpg

Noble Nova Krapton

"2 Level 4 "Noble Nova" monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to activate 1 of these effects. Each effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.
● Target 1 card on the field; banish that target.
● Banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand.
● Target 1 card in either player's Graveyard; banish that target."

If you were wonder what you want to go into with Xeno, you have to look no further.  This card is debately one of the best Xyz monsters ever.  Luckily it is archetype specific and even within the archetype can only be main with the main combo or normal summoning 2 Argomorphs over 2 turns.  Still very hard to get over though.

[/spoiler]

As per the usual now, the sample deck that I provide with my archetypes.

[spoiler=Deck List]

Monsters (15):

3 - Noble Nova Helotrophic
3 - Noble Nova Neogalatic
3 - Noble Nova Argomorgh
3 - Cyber Dragon*
3 - The Tricky*

Spells (13):
3 - Upstart Goblin*
3 - Forbidden Lance*
3 - Mystical Space Typhoon*
3 - Instant Fusion*
1 - Raigeki*

Traps (12):
3 - Noble Nova Ranadiance
3 - Fiendish Chain*
2 - Mirror Force*
1 - Torrential Tribute*
1 - Bottomless Trap Hole*
1 - Solemn Warning*
1 - Macro Cosmos*

Extra (15):
3 - Noble Nova Krapton
2 - Noble Nova Xeno
2 - Lightning Chidori*
2 - Kaminari Attack
Mix of 6 generic Rank 3,4,5s

A pretty standard deck that relies on some older cards like Tricky (Thankfully Wind Level 5) and Cyber Dragon to make it stronger when you don't have the main combo.  Also Instant Fusion + Kaminari Attack is very useful.  That being said, because it sports a small monster line up it allows for a greater amount of staple traps for defense until you get what you need.  This deck dies heavily to all floodgates minus Macro/Dfissure, but with Vanity's and Skill Drain going to 1 now it can be decently competitive.  Still dies to Mistake, Imperial Iron Wall, Royal Decree etc., but all that being said I'd say Tier 1.5/2 depending on the meta shift.

[/spoiler]

Also after putting large amounts of work on re editing the main post. I also found one of my favorite responses to this archetype.  As I said at the beginning I posted all the sets at yugico.com and therefore they already have some comments on them.  This is my favorite comment about this set because it is so true and I'm glad this person took the time to post.

CrimsonCrane

"I have to say; I really do like this Archetype. First of all; Usually cards focus on banishing other cards & nothing else, but these guys want to be banished. Bottomless Trap Hole & Dimensional Prison would be more of a blessing for this Deck to go up against, Neogalatic's effect really does prove that point. The card that really sticks out to me is Xeno. It's first effect helps get out an important support card but it also sets up for it's devastating second effect. You can easily bring out an Exciton Knight or Castel if using a level 4 or using a Level 5 Volcasaurus or Adreus. Or you can bring out Kraptron, which, I must applaud you because at first I thought it was an Ouroboros rip off but after seeing the other cards, it's very useful. Plus it requires 2 materials, so it's easier to get out. Lastly, Ranadiance is an interesting card. You can summon your Noble Novas or banish them for their effects; The real interesting thing about it is that it can have you reuse their effects. I really like these cards; 4.8/5. I give that because Kraptron's a bit too Over Powered but at the same time not. Dat name however, It's pronounced as it's spelled correct?"

Archived