Dexter

I absolutely love this show. I'm on episode four of season seven. Seasons 3, 5, and 6 weren't as good as 1, 2, and 4, but I still enjoyed all of them. The Doomsday Killers felt kind of generic and I saw the plot twist early on in the season. I didn't hate Lumen as much as most did. Trinity was fucking awesome. I hated Lila. I felt that season one was the best overall plotwise, but season four had the best killer and my favorite episode in the entire series, "Hungry Man". Michael C. Hall is abosolutely brilliant. John Lithgow was super good too. Ugh... That headbutt to Doakes was priceless. I recognized the guy who played Frank Lundy in this series as the same guy who played Frank in Criminal Minds. I love the guy. XD Oh, and Diggle from Arrow was here too. XD

Dexter is great, been planning on giving it a re-watch for a while now.

Seasons 1 and 2 are the best, followed by 4 and 7. 8 was just far too generic for my liking.

See, I always have a toss-up between seasons one and four when deciding which season is my favorite. The only reason season 2 isn't in that toss-up is because I hated Lila and the end-result of everything with Doakes. I really wanted Dexter to make a moral decision. But Lila ruined that.

See, I always have a toss-up between seasons one and four when deciding which season is my favorite. The only reason season 2 isn't in that toss-up is because I hated Lila and the end-result of everything with Doakes. I really wanted Dexter to make a moral decision. But Lila ruined that.

I agree, it wasn't executed in the most satisfying way. I guess the reason I liked it so much was because of how Erik King absolutely killed it as Doakes, carried the whole season for me.

The show went quickly downhill after Rita died, not that it was at it's peak prior, season 1 was the only truly "good" season.

The show suffers from the same trauma that stopped Lost and Heroes from being "great" shows, the original story for all three of them was only in the first and second season. From what I recall only the first and second seasons of Dexter are based off of the Dexter books by Jeff Lindsay, the rest of the seasons veer off from said books and that's pretty much why there's such a distinct difference in narrative and plot strength. The same thing happened to Lost, the first season was genius, then J. J. Abrams abandoned it and it too went to shit. Heroes had a phenomenal original plot, but then got quickly convoluted after again, the first two seasons. 

The show went quickly downhill after Rita died, not that it was at it's peak prior, season 1 was the only truly "good" season.

The show suffers from the same trauma that stopped Lost and Heroes from being "great" shows, the original story for all three of them was only in the first and second season. From what I recall only the first and second seasons of Dexter are based off of the Dexter books by Jeff Lindsay, the rest of the seasons veer off from said books and that's pretty much why there's such a distinct difference in narrative and plot strength. The same thing happened to Lost, the first season was genius, then J. J. Abrams abandoned it and it too went to s***. Heroes had a phenomenal original plot, but then got quickly convoluted after again, the first two seasons. 

Been a while, Night.

Agreed, there was a very noticeable change in overall quality after the second season. However, season 4 was certainly not terrible by any means, much better than season 3. But yeah everything after 4 went massively downhill, except for 7 which had a few good moments. 

Archived