Raidraptor - Bulwark Struth

4Becbt2.jpg

DARK/Winged Beast/Xyz/Effect/Rank 4/1000 ATK/1500 DEF
3 Level 4 monsters
While this card has Xyz Material, all "Raidraptor" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. When a "Raidraptor" monster you control attacks during the turn this card was Special Summoned, if its ATK is lower than the ATK of the attack target, the attacking monster gains 1000 ATK during damage calculation only. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material to target a number of cards your opponent controls, up to the number of "Raidraptor" monsters you control; destroy the target(s), then inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent for every Special Summoned monster destroyed by this card's effect.

I feel like this card is currently a bit weak, and could use some improvement.

Any suggestions?

Yeah why does an underwhelming ass card have such a steep summoning cost? When its competition is Force Strixs, you can't expect people to want to play this. I'd even go as far as saying even Rise Falcon is better.

It doesn't even gain ATK from its own boost, which would at least be a redeeming point because it could sit as well as Strix. But wait, Strix can already sit for one less mat and a better effect.

Make it less costly or make it do more, really.

Yeah why does an underwhelming ass card have such a steep summoning cost? When its competition is Force Strixs, you can't expect people to want to play this. I'd even go as far as saying even Rise Falcon is better.

It doesn't even gain ATK from its own boost, which would at least be a redeeming point because it could sit as well as Strix. But wait, Strix can already sit for one less mat and a better effect.

Make it less costly or make it do more, really.

The idea is an alternative to Rise Falcon, but I'm not sure what else to make it do. That's why I posted it here.

Well as it stands it's just weak as fuck. If it could destroy cards equal to the number of RR cards you control, for instance, it would be a lot more worth it even despite the shit stats.

Not sure how good an idea it is for Ruris to get a Fire Lake... but it's costy, so you have to put some effort into making it. There's a reason Rise never really gets made.

...Alternatively make it a 2-mat that uses Winged Beasts and call it a day.

Well as it stands it's just weak as fuck. If it could destroy cards equal to the number of RR cards you control, for instance, it would be a lot more worth it even despite the shit stats.

Well, I also had an idea where it could give an Honest-like effect to a RR on the turn it was Summoned.

Archived