[Hearthstone] Blackrock Mountain extended! [4/10]

CLG Klavier

Decided to have some fun with things and make cards for the Blackrock bosses that didn't get their representations. Probably gonna do the same for Naxxramas later on.

The following bosses WON'T be appearing here:
Emperor Thaurissan, Baron Geddon, Majordomo Executus, Ragnaros the Firelord, Rend Blackhand, Chromaggus, Omnotron Defense System, Nefarian. They were either the final bosses so they have cards already, or appeared earlier on, or were already on boss cards during the adventure (Omnotron).

So, blabbing aside, let's get to it.

Blackrock Depths
5FuzZGY.pngCA0Gaa6.png
(Clumsy being the Ogre Brute effect.)

Molten Core
[Garr]

Blackrock Spire
[Highlord Omokk], [General Drakkisath]

Blackwing Lair
[Razorgore the Untamed], [Vaelastrasz the Corrupt], [Lord Victor Nefarius]

Hidden Laboratory
uLT8q7U.pngClgEyJU.png

Coren Direbrew is pretty alright, even though it doesn't do anything impactful immediately. Probably best when big things are very rampant so that they'll crash vs weaker stuff and spare life I guess. I don't know whether I like it or not, especially given the stat line.

Grimstone is a very awkward card. It makes sense given who it is, but it's still a very awkward card. It looks like most of the time your opponent is going to be able to play the legend before you do if you on average get the same mana legend. Of course this won't be the case most of the time, but it feels like the kind of card which could easily lose you the game as well as win it. For that reason I don't think a lot of things would play it, although this does techically draw both player's cards... Using it in a deck where you fill your opponent's hand so you suffer no downside? Maybe.

Coren Direbrew is pretty alright, even though it doesn't do anything impactful immediately. Probably best when big things are very rampant so that they'll crash vs weaker stuff and spare life I guess. I don't know whether I like it or not, especially given the stat line.

Grimstone is a very awkward card. It makes sense given who it is, but it's still a very awkward card. It looks like most of the time your opponent is going to be able to play the legend before you do if you on average get the same mana legend. Of course this won't be the case most of the time, but it feels like the kind of card which could easily lose you the game as well as win it. For that reason I don't think a lot of things would play it, although this does techically draw both player's cards... Using it in a deck where you fill your opponent's hand so you suffer no downside? Maybe.

I made him a bit weaker stat-wise because the effect is actually kinda strong. You can also drop it on [i]your[/i] minions and suddenly you have a 75% chance to bypass that annoying taunt for lethal or kill that stupid Shade that's still stealthed. I might have gone a bit conservative though, maybe it should be a 5/4 in the end.

I didn't really go for full playability here, more for flashiness in Grimstone's case. I guess I could make it a Battlecry maybe? It would be a one-time thing then, however it could be a lategame thing where you play Grimstone, get a Legend and immediately play it, although I like the idea of him constantly doing that, which also fits with the flavor. Awkward card, I know.

I made him a bit weaker stat-wise because the effect is actually kinda strong. You can also drop it on your minions and suddenly you have a 75% chance to bypass that annoying taunt for lethal or kill that stupid Shade that's still stealthed. I might have gone a bit conservative though, maybe it should be a 5/4 in the end.

The problem is that it's a 75% chance of doing something, not a full 100% chance. That means that it has a chance to just not do anything, which makes it a 5/3 vanilla. 5/4 is much more suiting since, at the very least, you're still getting a Tallstrider.

The problem is that it's a 75% chance of doing something, not a full 100% chance. That means that it has a chance to just not do anything, which makes it a 5/3 vanilla. 5/4 is much more suiting since, at the very least, you're still getting a Tallstrider.

Yeah, that's a fair point. Gonna change it.

Also I'll keep the Grimstone as is. It's not the top of playability, but it's flavorful and would create some fun moments.

EDIT: Added Maloriak and Atramedes.

Archived