[HS] A thought experiment

Althemia

rS2xLlX.png

Of course we all know the infamous Shadowform, honestly a really interesting card when you think about it since it turns the entire playstyle of Priest potentially on its head. Unfortunately we also all know the problems that come with playing such a card. It's slow and doesn't do anything by itself, with reliance on having to draw a 2nd for an upgraded effect meaning that you're more likely to die than actually get into the second one. These were some of the things that I was thinking about when I realized that what they did to Lightwarden could easily be applied to Shadowform. Why not just make a card that makes Shadowform infinitely more playable? Of course there comes a lot of problems with such a design, but those same problems can also be pointed toward Mad Scientist since he does something similar to this but not exactly.

Also I really want to give Priest a solid two drop, since I think even regular Priest would appreciate the ability to be able to flip the switch and start controlling the board like crazy once they're done sustaining. Thoughts? It could be inherently way too powerful, since even I thought that potentially giving Shadowform such a strong enabler could be really bad.

I'm still a bit iffy on the usability on this. Sure, it gives you Shadowform access without devoting deck space directly to it, rather to a 2/2 drop. However, the main problem why Shadowform is unplayable IMO is the tempo loss it generates when played, not the problem of it taking a deck slot. This kinda plays around that since you can drop this on turn 2, trade sometime, and turn 5 Shadowform + Hero Power, so you get a BIT more out of it all as opposed to a vanilla Shadoform. Plus, getting easier access to the upgraded effect is cool I guess.

Also it's a Shredder drop. Fun times.

I'm still a bit iffy on the usability on this. Sure, it gives you Shadowform access without devoting deck space directly to it, rather to a 2/2 drop. However, the main problem why Shadowform is unplayable IMO is the tempo loss it generates when played, not the problem of it taking a deck slot. This kinda plays around that since you can drop this on turn 2, trade sometime, and turn 5 Shadowform + Hero Power, so you get a BIT more out of it all as opposed to a vanilla Shadoform. Plus, getting easier access to the upgraded effect is cool I guess.

Also it's a Shredder drop. Fun times.

Of course Shadowform is a huge tempo loss, but that's what this card solves partially. It curves perfectly into Shadowform turn, enabling you to trade with a 3/2 and then Shadowform on 3 if you really want to. Also lol I didn't even think about it being a Shredder drop, that's a potentially insane thing to get off of it wow.

Of course Shadowform is a huge tempo loss, but that's what this card solves partially. It curves perfectly into Shadowform turn, enabling you to trade with a 3/2 and then Shadowform on 3 if you really want to. Also lol I didn't even think about it being a Shredder drop, that's a potentially insane thing to get off of it wow.

I don't think it being a Shredder drop is THAT much of a concern since how often it will happen? But yeah, getting Shadowfiend will be really swingy, just like getting a Doomsayer usually is, although this is one-sidedly swingy.

Archived