Umoya, the Living Spells. [Suggestions Wanted]

Hello Duel Portalites! 

I introduce to you the "Umoya" archetype (approx transl. "Spirit" in Zulu)

They are living spells personified in the form of basic and complex forces of the Duel Portal Universe. 

The archetype utilizes modal abilities, allowing for general Spell Casting and/or Summoning monsters. Compared to Trap Monsters they have the downside of being almost entirely limited to being Summoned on your turn.

Features:

* Easy Summoning conditions, with a normal limit of 3 Summons per turn (works well with the "Summon Limit" Trap Card)

* Modal abilities to choose between typical spell effects or becoming a monster.

* More offense oriented monsters tend to have a cost requirement and an upkeep cost.

* Supports monster-less graveyard strategies.

* Can be quick working at the beginning of the game.

* To avoid Upkeep, you can simply use "Skill Drain"

Weaknesses and Issues:

* Anti-Spell effects (Cold Wave lol, Spell Canceler, Horus Lv8)

* Without the use of "Umoya Forest" (if no monsters in graveyard then you draw 1 extra card during the Standby Phase) active as a Field Spell the upkeep cost is often unsupportable.

* Slows down near the end of the game.

* Little Support within the Archetype.

* The Field Spell monsters compete for the same Zone. Getting "Volcano" after "Forest" means a reduction in hand advantage.

* No internal search (yet?) due to "Umoya Forest".

Should the boss monsters(Prime Umoya) remain as Spell Monsters, or should they be Extra Deck fusions with special requirements(same as listed on the Spell Card)?? If they become Extra Deck monsters, they would return to the ED when destroyed so they don't hinder the effect of "Umoya Forest". Also, should the limitation of 1 "Prime Umoya" remain, or is it too much of a Limitation?

Story: 

Long ago, in time immemorial, the "Umoya" were worshipped as guardian spirits and local gods. They were many, spanning pantheons throughout the world. However, as time passed and technology and magic advanced, the "Umoya" were worshipped less and less. Many became so weak that they sealed themselves away inside the planet's crust. Many of their former worshippers were either became aspiritual or converted to other spiritual practices. Those who did not seal themselves away endured millenia of solitude or even converted themselves into ancient tomes of power.

However, with the recent events rousing them, the unsealed Umoya have bound together in commonality to face their conflict ridden world, and reimpose their sovereignty. 

[Spoiler=Prime Umoya]

[Spoiler=Onise]

"When the universe was Chaos, it was I who gave things purpose. The starsea, and its satellites are the product of my design" - Onise, Umoya Prime

0WZVOzG.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]There can only be 1 "Prime Umoya" card face-up on the field. Banish 5 "Umoya" cards in your graveyard of different names. Special Summon this card as an Effect monster (Psychic-Type/WATER/Level 10/ATK 2600/DEF 3400). (This card is also still a Spell Card.) While this card is face-up on the field: during your Main Phase 1 and 2, you can Summon up to 2 "Umoya" cards instead of just one. If this card hasn't declared an attack, you can change this Attack Position monster to Defense Position to place a face-up card on the field on the bottom of the owner's deck. When this card is removed from the field: target up to 2 Spell Cards in your graveyard and shuffle them into your deck.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fisi] " I am the divider and conqueror of all, I forge matter, and I emit energy... I was the heat amidst the Chaos in the beginning, the progenitor of all... " Fisi, Umoya Prime

Pr2jME2.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]There can only be 1 "Prime Umoya" card face-up on the field. Banish 5 "Umoya" cards in your graveyard of different names. Special Summon this card as an Effect monster (Psychic-Type/FIRE/Level 10/ATK 3300/DEF 2600). (This card is also still a Spell Card.) While this card is an Effect monster: Your Spell monsters inflict Piercing Battle Damage. Whenever you activate a Spell Card: inflict 700 Damage to your opponent. When this card is removed from the field: target up to 2 Spell Cards in your graveyard and shuffle them into your deck.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Agbaye] "I bind the starsea, I hold all space. I flow forward ever, and backward never. I have no beginning and no end, and yet I have a center. " Agbaye, Umoya Prime

St9iQdS.jpg

[Spoiler=Lore]There can only be 1 "Prime Umoya" card face-up on the field. Banish 5 "Umoya" cards in your graveyard of different names. Special Summon this card as an Effect monster (Fairy-Type/DARK/Level 10/ATK 2300/DEF 3300). (This card is also still a Spell Card.) While this card is face-up on the field: once per turn while there are no monsters in your graveyard, you can activate 1 "Umoya" Spell from your graveyard. When this card is removed from the field: target up to 2 Spell Cards in your graveyard and shuffle them into your deck; Draw 1 card during the End Phase.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Monsters]

"I am the Forest, the Umoya of all the trees, and of the soil... I was once your home too. Yet today, I give refuge to my brethren and little else"

PttbIBS.jpg

[Spoiler=Lore]When you activate this card, apply 1 of the following:

* While this card is in the face-up and while there are no Monster Cards in your graveyard, draw 1 card during each of your Standby Phases.

* If you activate this card during your Main Phase 2: Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Plant-Type/EARTH/Level 5/ATK 1700/DEF 2200). (This card is also still a Spell Card.) While this card is an Effect Monster: your other Spell monsters cannot be targeted for card effects, also you take no battle damage from a battle involving a Spell monster. Only 1 "Umoya" card can be Summoned during your Main Phase 2.[/Spoiler]

" I am the Titan. I am the destroyer. I am Earth, as I am Fire. I am metal, and I am death. "

097xI8k.jpg

* While this card is face-up on the field, "Umoya" monsters gain 600 ATK during your Battle Phase only. When a monster(s) is destroyed in a battle involving a "Umoya" monster, the controller of the destroyed monster(s) loses 500 Life Points.

* If you activate this card during your Main Phase 2: You can Banish 2 "Umoya" cards from your graveyard and discard 1 Spell Card from your hand  to Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Rock-Type/FIRE/Level 7/ATK 2950/DEF 1800). (This card is also still a Spell Card.) While this card is an Effect Monster: if this card would be destroyed by your opponent (by battle or by effect) you receive 600 damage instead. Discard 1 Spell card during each of your Standby Phases or destroy this card. Only 1 "Umoya" card can be Summoned during your Main Phase 2.[/Spoiler]

8Ssnmtx.jpg

* Once per turn you can discard 1 card from your hand to target a face-up card on the field; destroy it.

* If you activate this card during your Main Phase 2: Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Zombie-Type/EARTH/Level 6/ATK 2300/DEF 1500). (This card is also still a Spell Card.) While this card is an Effect Monster: inflict 400 damage to your opponent whenever a Spell monster is destroyed (including this card).[/Spoiler]

" I am the storm sweeping the mountain side, blotting out the world. Cold is my vengeance, strong, is my protection. You will never master me! "

eDyGGuR.jpg

* Each player chooses a face-up monster they control and shuffles it into the deck. Battle cannot be conducted until your next turn.

* If you activate this card during your Main Phase 2: You can discard 1 Spell Card to Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Fairy-Type/WATER/Level 6/ATK 2000/DEF 2650). (This card is also still a Spell Card.) While this card is an Effect Monster: discard 1 Spell Card during each of your Standby Phases or destroy this monster. "Umoya" cards you control cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Only 1 "Umoya" card can be Summoned during your Main Phase 2.[/Spoiler]

"With my brethren, I seek Oasis. I am Umoya, god of the desert. Wander into my home and it is I who makes the ultimate choice. I have claimed many, and saved many more. "

Fm1uYcc.jpg

* Target 1 monster on the field; change it to Attack Position or face-down Defense Position.

* If you activate this card during your Main Phase 2: Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Rock-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 800/DEF 1950). (This card is also still a Spell Card.) While this card is an Effect Monster: during your opponent's Battle Phase, reduce the ATK of your opponent's monsters by the number of Spell Cards in your graveyard x50. Only 1 "Umoya" card can be Summoned during your Main Phase 2.[/Spoiler]

" I bring gifts to the lands, water to the rivers. I am Umoya most free. Still my name rolls off the tongue of many. Yet, it is my world, and my kin that need me most "

aTlxPJF.jpg

*  Target 2 "Umoya" cards in your graveyard; add 1 to your hand and 1 to your deck.

*If you activate this card during your Main Phase 2: Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Fairy-Type/WIND/Level 4/ATK 1600/DEF 1750). (This card is also still a Spell Card.) While this card is an Effect Monster: gain 400 Life Points whenever a Spell Card is activated. Only 1 "Umoya" card can be Summoned during your Main Phase 2.[/Spoiler]

" I am Umoya. The place of the dead, and the bond of all life. I am in your very cells. Still I am called throughout your world, for life and protection. Still I am deliverer across the seas, of death, the swallower of hope"

memMZaQ.jpg

* During each of your End Phases, gain 500 Life Points.

* If you activate this card during your Main Phase 1: Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Aqua-Type/WATER/Level 4/ATK 800/DEF 1700).(This card is also still a Spell Card.) Only 1 "Umoya" card can be Summoned during the Main Phase 1. While this card is an Effect Monster: halve any battle damage you would receive from a battle involving this monster. When this monster battles, inflict 300 damage to your opponent.[/Spoiler]

"I am the fire, born of the storm. I am in the art and in the way of destruction. I am companion to man, and a slave to none. I was the torch to many, and the pyre of the dead. I am Umoya, and you will respect me!"

8GofVtb.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Apply 1 of the following:
* Inflict 700 Damage to your opponent.
* If you activate this card during the Battle Phase: Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Pyro-Type/FIRE/Level 4/ATK 2050/DEF 0). (This card is also still a Spell Card.) While this card is an Effect Monster: discard 1 Spell Card during each of your Standby Phases or destroy this monster. Only 1 "Umoya" card can be Summoned during the Battle Phase.[/spoiler]

"I am in the Heavens. I bare gifts of life, and of destruction. I bring power, I help life, I remove the old and the weak. I am Umoya, I am Lightning."

Y4dVKT0.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]When you activate this card, apply 1 of the following:
* Choose 1 of your opponent's face-up monsters and negate its effects; Destroy it.
* If you activate this card during your the Battle Phase. You can discard 1 Spell Card to Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Thunder-Type/WIND/Level 6/ATK 2550/DEF 1100). (This card is also still a Spell Card.) While this card is treated as an effect monster: During each of your Standby Phases discard 1 Spell Card or destroy this monster. Only 1 "Umoya" card can be Summoned during your Main Phase 2.[/spoiler]

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Support 1/3?]

FdXjhxh.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Apply 1 of the following:

* Shuffle 2 of your "Umoya" Spells from from your graveyard into the Deck. Activate a "Umoya" Spell from your graveyard and apply its second effect. You cannot activate a "Prime Umoya" card in this way.

* Shuffle 5 Banished Spells into your deck. Summon 1 "Prime Umoya" Spell from your hand. Treat it as if it were Summoned by its own effect.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Im kinda worried con the speed, it seems they are pretty slow, but i guess is ok like that cuz some of them are OP as hell xD
The other matter is of the card type, idk if as a quick spell it can stay in the field, the trap monsters are all continuos and they make unusable their space when used as a monster, idk how this apply in this deck

It can stay on the field because its effect literally allows it to(they SS as monsters, monsters arent removed from the field unless they're effects say so). They are slow, as a downside to being summon-able on the turn they arrive in your hand. The use of "Umoya Forest" is a means to increase that speed. 

Do you think that reducing the number of cards Banished for the Prime Umoyas to 4 rather than 5 will be faster but not too powerful? If you're on and you see "DJx00" or "Imperium.D" on DP, we can duel to play test.

Archived