Kingdom Hearts: ReWind/reThought

Frybread002

Hello and Welcome!

My name is Frybread002 and it has been a very long time since I was ever on this site. That being said, I've spent that time writing and planing a massive fan-fiction for Kingdom Hearts for everyone on YCM to enjoy! As of now, there is still a lot of work to be done and I am still adding cool and interactive features for the finished story, so for now, I decided to take some of the finished chapters and post it here on YCM to get some feedback from you to help me better this experience that will one day be shared with the community. The goal of this post, is to have an understand of what you (the reader) would want in the future of this Kingdom Hearts fan-fic, as well as recieve comments, critiques, crictism towards my writing style, the overall mode of the chapters that will be introduced, the structure and pacing of the story, and what type of story you would like to see.

Now I don't want you to be over burdern with reading the chapters in chronological order, so please feel free to skip around. These chapters are meant to be read interchangeably in fact! To be honest, I personally love the Contradicted by Lies thru Truth chapter, so I recommend you start with that one. But that's just my opinion and I hope your opinion is one I can like as well.

[spoiler=A Nothingness from Somewhere]

~Day 5~

"After being here in this 'Place' for 5 days, I came to learn that I'm currently in an town named 'Twilight Town', and if I recall correctly, I am nowhere near my home of Inu. The only thing I can remember, was that I was on my bed sleeping, when I heard people outside of my window talking about a massive storm coming, and reports about “Shawdows” coming from out of the storm. Next thing I knew, I'm here in 'Twilight Town.” I really don't remember how I got here or what happened exactly. All I recall is that I was on a bed and that there was a window. I’m not even exactly sure where the bed and the window was. It could’ve been in someone else’s house for all I know.

When I opened my eyes, the next thing I realized I was in "Twilight Town". Kind of a weird name if you ask me, but if I had to choose a name, I’d suggest something like "Sunset Town" or whatever. As this town would be better known for the beautiful sunsets they have..."

Writing in his journal, there was a young man sitting on the street within the marketplace of Twilight Town. Within his journal, the young man was writing down the day’s events so he wouldn’t forget.

"I must say, I really do enjoy this town. Back in Inu, you would be chased away with a broom for begging on the streets! Not only that, but Twilight Town is really, really clean. Meanwhile, Inu was extremely dirty and it was rare you'll see a flower in the street. But even then, the flower itself was dirty.

If anything, what captures me the most, is what's in THE TOWN!! I mean...Well I really can’t explain the right words, but I notice people are just flipping a little switch, and BOOM! A source of light comes in from the ceilings like a light from the heaven itself!! (think it was called a "Light bulb". In Inu, we used lanterns) It's really cool! There are many other things!

Although they're rather hard to explain, the real most useful one that I find helpful, is a little beam of light that comes from this little plastic thing called a "flashlight!" It's really more convenient than a torch.

With a flashlight, you can just point and click the switch, then a light shines in the direction you point it! It takes two other little plastic things called batteries that make the flashlight work and is really light and convenient on the go. With a torch, you have to worry about burning yourself, the heat getting to your head, the weight, and the fact that it burns out on you if you use the wrong material.

Aside from the technological advances of Twilight Town, I realy like this place. I can literally sleep on the streets, and not worry about a rat getting in my pack and eating my rations!! Luckily there's a forest surrounding the town that provides excellent game to hunt and supplies for camping. Although the only bad side I can think of, is the flashlight, is that it doesn't keep me warm like a torch, so I can't rely on it too much..."

~End~

Finishing his report on today’s experiences, the young man put a book mark in the page and closed it shut.

Sitting on his rear end cross-legged, the young man didn’t bother to heed attention to all the other people walking past him. With all of their shopping needs and other important duties to attend to, the people of Twilight Town didn’t bother with the young man and the young man didn’t bother with them.

Instead, the young man only stared at the journal and kept on staring…

It was brand new with each page in their pure white with yellow glossy edges. The perfect definition of a mint-condition book. However the journal itself was completely bland looking. With a beige body and red trimmings, the journal had an empty white space on the front cover that labeled “The Property of Akira Sadisme Runner”

Akira…Sadisme…Runner…

Akira…

Sadisme…

Runner…

For what felt like an eternity to him, the young man grabbed his back-pack, opened it, and stuffed his journal back into it’s place. Upon closing his bag, Akira Sadisme Runner, noticed another journal inside his bag and began to stare at it.

Unlike his current journal that he bought five days ago…or in more correct terms, the journal he had stolen five days ago, the other journal inside his bag was more elaborately decorated, but in poor condition.

With a orange body with red & gold decorations, finished off in black & white trimmings, the upper-center of the journal was a light blue and entitled “Property of Akira Runner” with a little label that said “Happy Birthday!! From Hi’hime Kazama” underneath it.

Looking at the two journals, Akira grimaced and began to sulk.

When comparing the two books, the brand-new stolen journal was obviously…well, “new” with only five pages written upon. Whereas, the old birthday-gift journal was completely worn out with the spine tearing apart and the pages beginning to yellow. This book further added to Akira’s depression when he noticed that there was a huge chunk of pages missing.

In plain truth, ever since the day he had stolen a new journal, Akira began to write down each and every emotion he experienced in the past five days, and each time he would put his journal away, he would look at the birthday gift and always fall into some kind of depression. This was something that was never new, but it never felt old to him.

The missing pages themselves represented the old memories from his own home world with his own adventures. However, in the weirdest turn of events, he’d became “disconnected” from his world.

For unknown reasons, it was like a group of selected memories from Akira’s life was erased. Others memories like birthdays, wedding dates and the other things were there and easily remembered, but the memories that were gone were few and far between. So there was no way he could piece any of the missing memories together and form an educated guess as to what was missing.

This resulted in his memories being erased from the major things in his life.

For an average 15 year-old, there really is no need to have a lot of experiences. However, seeing that there was a group of selected memories missing in the first place, Akira questioned whether or not he was average.

Whatever in the world that made him beyond “average” was well out of his means of understanding. With his missing memories and all.

After a good 5 minutes had pass, the young man Akira regained his senses and finally closed his bag. Attending to all of the difficulties around him and began to make preparations for his next meal…

"Oh! Thank you sir." Replied Akira, who was living off the streets in Twilight Town.

Being homeless and having no means of getting a job, Akira was forced to beg and ask people for munny; While it was not the most dignified existence, it was better than being homeless AND poor.

Fortunately, he wasn’t alone either. With other homeless people in the streets, the Twilight Town market place was full of people with cash and even more people asking for munny. So it wasn’t to bad for Akira, making friends with the other residents of the community and getting to know the town. The only bad thing, however, was the fierce gang wars that was fought for the best parts of Twilight Town to squat in.

Well it may sound a bit violent for Twilight Town, it should be noted, that most of these gang wars were not fought with shanks, illegal weapons and shady sources of income like drug deals, but with slanderous words and reputation ruining lies.

With stranger after stranger walking up to him, and dropping coins in his little makeshift bag, Akira kept responding with quotes like "Your donation is greatly appreciated!” or “Thank you Ma'am!” Whatever the case, this was his daily life for the past five days.

With the daylight finally ending, Akira began to pack up his belongings, gather up all of the money gave him, went to the nearest food stand, purchased some meat and walked off towards the forest where he made camp.

Walking down some alleyways and making more turns, the walk to the forest from the marketplace was about a mile away and this left Akira with a lot of time to think of various things…

In the past five days, he had spent every waking hour making great trips all over Twilight Town to find a road home. When that failed, he began taking extraordinary hiking adventures across the mountain side of Twilight Town, but failed. Next, he began mapping the extensive forests that surrounded Twilight Town in order to find a trail back to Inu’s borders. Naturally that also ended in failure and Akira resorted to a last-ditch effort in using the night time stars.

While being extremely skilled in astrology, Akira was unable to determine his position because the stars were apparently “in the wrong place.”

Among these thoughts, was the most haunting revelation that Akira may not ever go home.

Walking down some alleyways and making more turns to reach his camp in the forest, Akira kept thinking of various methods of finding a way home. With the haunting fear that he may never travel back to his beloved Inu; Even with his vast knowledge in numerous fields, the one thing that Akira could never expect, was the fact that he was on another world.

Hmm...What else is there to report? He thought to himself while he was looking around for nothing in particular. With nothing coming to mind, he decided to go to the "Train Station" again and try to conquer his fears of the "Man Eating Catapillar!"

[spoiler=Contradicted by Lies thru Truth]

~Updated June 30, 2015~

So this particular chapter takes places sometime in the early workings of the story. A few characters are introduced  and through some exposition, you will get a hint of how things progressed in this story of Kingdom Hearts.

-Editor's Note-

This will be updated again next week, but if this thread can get to 200+ views before then, then I'll happily post the next series of chapters! And I must say, you guys will enjoy it! It will include some "interactive" elements that I have been tinkering with for some time, and I just can't wait to show them. So please don't make me wait for too long!

(On a side note, there is a part 2 to this specific chapter, so I just need to find time this week to post it. That update will still be considered as the same update to this one, so it will not include the "interactive" elements.)

[spoiler=Contradicted by Lies thru Truth]

In the eyes of the bold and the eyes of the wise, when everything first started off, it was just thirteen people. Then in the middle came insurrection. In the end, only five remained…

Lominax (VIII)

Toraxko (IV)

Nervax (III)

Akurix (II)

Rxadr (1)

As a cloaked figure wearing a black trench coat stood atop a castle spire over looking fields and fields of empty darkness, the castle that he stood upon on was floating on a little island surrounded by a sea of darkness. Aside from the only path that stretched upon miles and miles of emptiness, the atmosphere itself was covered in darkness.

Letting seconds tick by, the cloaked figure just stood there with his arms crossed and pondered. He wasn't immortal, but for the past five years he has not aged a day and it wasn’t due to the fact that he was a Nobody.

The fact stemmed from a much larger truth; as the master of time itself, the cloaked figure stopped his own time.

Scanning the horizon for anything that was alive, the cloaked figure noticed another man walking down the only path to the castle.

Showing a little curiosity , the cloaked figure pulled out a book and began to flip through the pages. Finding the page he was looking for, the cloaked figure showed a little grin and summoned a Corridor of Darkness and stepped in, appearing at the castle doors.

Arriving in front of the castle, the newly arrived man was still one-hundred yards away, allowing the cloaked figure enough time to remove his hood to reveal a young man in his mid twenties, with long blond hair and purple eyes that was hidden behind round-rimmed glasses. With a nice clean facial feature, the cloaked figured simply smiled at the man.

“My, my, if it isn’t the Demon Wind Ninja, Toraxko; also known as The Winds of Chaos.” The cloaked figured sarcastically said to himself.

Almost immediately, the other man stopped in his tracks and looked at the cloaked figured. From what the cloaked figured could tell, the other man seemed to be laughing and the next thing he realized, that the other man disappeared into the wind.

Moments later, the said man reappeared right in front of the cloaked figured with a huge, evil looking grin and excitedly said “Why if it isn‘t the Stopped Clock, Nervax!”

Taking two steps back, Nervax brought out two daggers and raised them towards the newly arrived Toraxko, who was wearing a hooded, black, sleeveless-jacket that was reminiscent of Nervax’s coat. Individually, they essentially had the same wardrobe, but what made him standout however, was his jacket only went down to his chest and exposed his stomach, leaving fishnets covering his bare, muscular body. This also exposed his black sweat pants that had fiery designs on it.

With the matching uniforms, it was clear that both of these people belonged to the same organization. However, both Nervax and Toraxko had an apparent grudge to settle and the two fighters only looked at each other.

Acting first, Toraxko disappeared into the wind once again and re-appeared behind Nervax throwing a kick.

Easily blocking the kick with his hands, Nervax turned around and met Toraxko dead in the eye.

At first, the two fighters glared at each other, but that soon died why they both smiled and lowered their stances. A gesture that meant “we may be equals for now, but this fight only means you got lucky.”

Looking out towards the path that led to the castle, both Nervax and Toraxko stared at the horizon. To them, they were hoping that something would happen or some extraordinary event to take place. Instead, only silence filled the air.

"What will become of our Organization, Toraxko? Us, Lominax, and Akurix cannot keep it up.” Nervax asked, finally breaking the deadly silence. “We either have to band tightly, just split up, Kingdom Hearts itself if need be, or recruit members. And I do not want another member." He explained to Toraxko.

"But with the third option, we might get tempted to kill one. We just got to keep low, occasionally banding with the other Nobodies to do our mission, in order to keep our Organization from withering; like a flower left alone in a dark room. That flower is us and we have to take care of it. But that, we don't have anymore. Not since Raxon was killed."

"Isn't 'Chaos' all that matters Nervax? After all, you aren't even supposed to be...Isn't it out of your place talk about such things?” Toraxko responded, taking a glance towards Nervax.

“What do you mean?”

“ Our...The Organization’s goal is only to achieve what we agreed to do...Kingdom Hearts…Hehehe...But that was when we had thirteen people.”

“Would you please explain a bit more No. IV?” Nervax replied, with a hint of annoyance in his voice towards his comrade. Seeing how Toraxko liked to talk in riddles, many people within the Organization found it annoying.

“Ever since the destruction of our leader, Rxadr, Organization XIII literally toppled on it’s own weight and destroyed itself. Personally, I thought I was the only survivor.”

“Then here’s a toast to us then Winds of Chaos.” Nervax said, while giving Toraxko a glass of cider and raised his own glass.

“Remind me how you got that glass of cider.”

“Don’t tell me you forgotten about my Books of Records?” Nervax groaned.

“As a master of time, I’ve personally recorded every experience I had and add them in my book; whether it be history, combat statistics, or a simple date. All I need to do is just imagine it and my book re-materializes it.”

“Then here’s a toast for us No. III - Nervax of the Stopped Clock.” Toraxko replied and raised his glass towards his comrade.

To Toraxko, he didn’t care about anything such as world domination or Kingdom Hearts, the only thing he truly did care for, was chaos and anarchy.

“In a way, at least you don’t sound like that pathetic weakling, Raxon. But who exactly was it that destroyed him?”

“It was No. II - Akurix; One of the Organization member I regret not to record his data.

“You have all the time in the world...But why worry about it when your time stopped?" Replied Toraxko.

"Pathetic Weakling?" A voice uttered, as a hand dropped onto Toraxko's Shoulder, seemingly out of nowhere.

"You know, you are a bit cocky." The voice said, the rest of it's body appearing out of nowhere.

The hand belonged to what seemed to be a young boy, roughly 14 years old, with very untidy hair. He lifted his free hand to his head and ruffled his hair a bit, walking in front of Toraxko.

"And you still brag about the fact you were the one to break Raxon? You forget that I weakened him, and was going to spare him until you came along.”

"Hehehehehe...Push come to shove…‘boy’. Maybe you should just watch your mouth if you want some respect, but if it wasn't for that blasted traitor Gun Xard, then maybe Raxon would still..."Exist" wouldn't he?" Toraxko replied with a grin on his face. "Besides, it was orders from No. I herself…hehehe…”

Out of the entire Organization XIII, it was No. II Akurix - The Distorted Blur and No. IV Toraxko - The Winds of Chaos, who had the most hate for each other and did anything they could to destroy each other…if time and seclusion permitted. In fact, this hatred was so strong, that everyone in Organization XIII knew about it and tried their best to keep both members separated.

Akurix sighed, a habit he was going to have to get rid of, and motioned for Nevarx to follow him as they started to walk into the castle.

"Oh, and Toraxko, you aren't a proper ninja. Your former person was a Ninja, just like I'm not a true Samurai, My former person was." Akurix stated, trying to resist swinging his blade at Toraxko's head as Nervax and he walked off.

Meanwhile Toraxko remained outside and simply smirked at Akurix’s statement.

“Tell me Nervax…” Akurix began.

“What exactly brought you to this castle?”

“Heh, I’m assuming you haven’t heard the message?” Nervax responded, with an almost surprised tone.

“What message?”

“Seven days ago while I was out walking in the woods of a world called Twilight Town, I’d received word regarding this castle. But the message itself was extremely vague and I had a hard time trying to get to this castle, but when I did, I was surprised to be lead to Castle Oblivion…”

Upon entering the main door, Nervax and Akurix entered the first of many rooms and stopped in the middle. To simply stare at the walls that where rotting away; Over a thousand years when Castle Oblivion was created, it’s walls were pure white and had magnificent pillars supporting them.

Today…Everything was either rotting, crumbling, or decaying away.

“As for you Akurix, how did you get here?” Nervax asked while scanning the room for anything of interest.

“Personally, I was wandering the stars and traveled across various worlds trying to find a place to hide, but as I was passing our former base,I couldn’t believe it when I noticed the space around Castle Oblivion began to change.”

“‘Space’?” Nervax asked.

“As the Distorted Blur, I was the master of Space and after the Insurrection two years ago, I truly believed Organization XIII was destroyed once again. So I fled soon as I realized it’s destruction came form one of it’s own…”

Gun Xard…” Nervax immediately responded, finishing the sentence that his comrade could not. “…A hellish day indeed…”

Lost in his thought, a cold shiver ran down Akurix’s spine at the mention the name.

In the years following the destruction of Xemnas and his creation of Organization XIII, a new Organization XIII was created almost 1,000 years later with new members; with the same goal of obtaining Kingdom Hearts.

With the World that Never Was being destroyed, a safe home world for all Nobodies was destroyed as well; As an alternative solution to their solution, the new Organization XIII needed a base of operations. With the discovery of Castle Oblivion still intact made by the No. IV - Gun Xard, he found two lone Nobodies roaming the empty rooms; one was human and was called Lominax. The other Nobody was a Dusk and when Gun Xard tried to destroy it (due to it being a weakling), Lominax immediately defended the Dusk.

Impressed by his bravery, Gun Xard ultimately made a deal with Lominax in exchange for Organization XIII using Castle Oblivion as their base of operation, Lominax would be granted membership of within the organization and given the title of The Divine Tactician and Lord of Castle Oblivion.

This was over two hundred years ago.

Since then, the original Castle Oblivion had been remolded and was greatly expanded into a much larger castle that greatly overshadowed the previous Castle Oblivion.

However, with the Insurrection of Gun Xard two ago, not only was the Organization cut in half, but half of the castle was destroyed as well.

“Friends, I am not yet dead!” A voice called out to them. “Rejoice as Kingdom Hearts is still out there! Rejoice as I am still alive, still with a body and a soul! And though I, and we all, lack hearts, we still have the power to obtain Kingdom Hearts! I, Rxadr, the Master of the In-Between, have returned from darkness!”

[spoiler=The Idea to Hate the Thought]

[spoiler=A little info of the chapter]

So I meant to upload earlier last week, but I have been very busy with other projects I am working on. I hate to say it, but last week's updated is this week's update. Meh. The next update will be on 7-15-15.

This is part 2 of the Contradicted by Lies thru Truth chapter.

It wasn’t because he was a Nobody, but Toraxko has always been cruel and sly as a fox, always thinking about the future, present, and the past;

In his former life, Toraxko’s family once belong to a great ninja clan that fought in a devastating civil war to see who could dominate the world. With so much hate and anger lashing out towards one another, it was obvious that his world was soon consumed by darkness and it became a matter of time when their own hate would became their downfall…

As the voice continued to echo through the castle, it eventually reached Toraxko while he remained outside, waiting for something to happen…but nothing did happen…

For him it was all too familiar and he tried to hate it, but couldn’t; for his non-existence wouldn’t allow him to feel.

Nonetheless, in his former life he enjoyed the chaos that the civil war caused his home world and he did everything he could to maintain it. From assassination, defection, and insubordination, Toraxko did it all in the enjoyment of anarchy…But back then, his was known as Kotaro…

Kotaro’s outlook on life was bleak and pessimistic; when the leader of the new Organization XIII -Rxadr - discovered him as a Nobody. Kotaro himself was only a Dusk wandering it’s ravaged home world that was caused by the Heartless. Strangely enough, Kotaro was actually wandering his former home in certain patterns - following the faint scents of a non-existent battlefield for no purpose what-so-ever. Rxadr on the other hand took this as a unusual sign for a Nobody and began to follow the Dusk..

As time moved on, Rxadr realized that the Dusk -Kotaro- was simply following the memories of it’s former life; the chaos of the battlefield, destruction of entire armies, and the anarchy that it all caused.

Gathering as much of it’s memories as she could, Rxadr succeeded in resurrecting Kotaro from it’s sad wandering days as a Dusk, into something that could think for itself; His new transformation left him with a skin that was a deathly pale, his former black hair was now tainted a devilish red, and he became extremely tall. For Kotaro, it didn’t bother him as much, because he had another chance at disrupting order and cause chaos. However at a cost of having no emotions, his joy no longer existed. His individuality was taken form him.

Distraught, Kotaro struck a deal with Rxadr, in exchange for giving him a purpose, Kotaro would be her own personal servant.

Amazed by his need for purpose, Rxader agreed and called him…Toraxko.

As her personal servant, Toraxko’s became her personal bodyguard as well; but beyond your average ‘bodyguard’, he spent most of his time in solitude and tasked with the responsibilities of ‘finishing’ missions that the rest of the Organization could not do; and there were many of them.

It began as a ringing echoing inside of his ears when Rxadr called to her allies from the castle, blocking out every other sound. However it soon began to turn to pain as it grew louder and louder.

Hunching over in pain, Toraxko dropped to one knee and started to clinch up. Eyes closed and muscles beginning to tense up, Toraxko began to shudder noises of pain and felt like his insides were churning uncontrollably. He grasped one ear with his left hand and clasped the other hand to the ground to balance himself.

Eventually the pain would fade away when the ringing stop. Everything was silent.

While his comrade Nervax was the master of time, Toraxko had an unusual ability to have premonitions of the future; a skill that evolved when Nervax and Toraxko became more closely bonded, a relationship that formed when they took on more missions together. Unlike his partner, Nervax did not develop the same ability for unknown reasons.

In most cases, his premonitions came sporadically (with a lot a pain and massive headaches according to Toraxko), but on rare occasions Toraxko would put himself in a ‘trance’ in order to have a premonition if it was of great importance in order for the Organization to analyze the details of their next move.

In his vision Toraxko seen Castle Oblivion in complete ruins once again; he was inside one of it’s many rooms and instead of it’s usual rotting staircases or crumbling ceilings, all he could see was just flames and debris littered about on it’s floor. It was clear that there was a battle and it’s destruction was massive, with rooms after rooms being completely destroyed. It closely resembled a fight between Toraxko and Akurix, as everything would promptly be destroyed.

However, everything was a blur (like his previous premonitions) and any people he might have seen was hard to define…that was…until he noticed two figures; one man in Organization XIII robes looking at monitors depicting the destruction of Castle Oblivion and the other person being a boy, who was surrounded in a aura of alluring darkness, walking across the destroyed Castle Oblivion.

As his vision ended, he looked up from the ground and noticed another Organization member walking towards him (with his face being coved by his hood of course).

“Ah, master Toraxko, I am surprised that you’re at my doorstep. An interesting predicament indeed from a person…such as yourself.” the newly arrived figured said, who clearly revealed to have a type of ‘British’ accent (if such a place ever existed) and was trying to sound respectful while describing…Toraxko’s personality.

“What brings you here?” the British sounding figure asked.

“Well, well if it isn’t the Toymaker? I am surprised that you haven’t heard yet.” Toraxko replied coldly. Clearly remembering the false humility that this individual had, was nothing but a façade. “Rxadr is indeed alive, but with the title of Lord of Castle Oblivion, I would‘ve expected you to know by now. But then again, I‘m surprised by the fact that a weakling like you survived the Insurrection. ”

The title -- Lord of Castle Oblivion-- was given to the Nobody, Lominax.

Editer's Note: The transition of the format from Microsoft Word 2003 to YCM is really...terrible and may have caused some grammer errors to pop up. So any grammer errors you see, would really help me if you could report them for me. Thank you.

As of the 7-8-15 update, I have officially given this thread a name. Instead of changing the title with each update, I realized that will confuse people. To adress that, this name change will be the final one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived