[BT] Pokémon Fan Logos (Archive/Gallery)

BT 

THESE ARE LOGOS IN THE STYLE OF THE POKEMON GAMES THAT I USUALLY MAKE FOR ROM HACKS I LIKE OR AS A REQUEST... SO HERE THEY ARE:

WARNING: THESE LOGOS ARE MASSIVE

[spoiler=Old ones (Not as good)]

I CONSIDER THESE BAD BECAUSE MOST OF THESE, EVEN WHEN THEY TRY TO EMULATE THE LOGO, JUST FAIL.

pokemoncrimson_pokemoncyan_by_peetzaahhh

fs_fanart_by_peetzaahhh2010-d5i7ad1.png

pokemon_ashgray_fan_logo_by_peetzaahhh20

pokemon_adventure_red_chapter_fan_logo_b

pokemon_adventure_blue_chapter_fan_logo_

pokemon_adventure_green_chapter_fan_logo

pokemon_adventure_yellow_chapter_fanlogo

pokemon_adventure_gold_chapter_fanlogo_b

pokemon_adventure_silver_chapter_fanlogo

pokemon_adventure_crystal_chapter_fanlog

pokemon_adventure_ruby_chapter_fanlogo_b

pokemon_adventure_sapphire_chapter_fanlo

pokemon_adventure_emerald_chapter_fanlog

pokemon_adventure_firered_chapter_fanlog

pokemon_adventure_leafgreen_chapter_fanl

pokemon_adventure_waterblue_chapter_fanl

pokemon_glazed_fanlogo_by_peetzaahhh2010

pokemon_liquid_crystal_fanlogo_by_peetza

NEWER CLEANER LOGOS

TITLE (STYLE)

[spoiler=Pokemon Adventures Red Chapter (Gen III/IV)]

FINAL  VERSION

red_idea_3_by_peetzaahhh2010-d90hsds.png

[spoiler=β versions]

red_idea_1_by_peetzaahhh2010-d90hse8.png

red_idea_2_by_peetzaahhh2010-d90hse3.png

red_idea_4_by_peetzaahhh2010-d90hsdi.png

[spoiler=Pokémon AshGray Version (Gen III/IV)]

pokemon_ashgray_by_peetzaahhh2010-d90olg

[spoiler=Pokémon Ragnarok (Gen III/IV)]

ragnarok_by_peetzaahhh2010-d91bs9y.png

[spoiler=Pokémon Ragnarok (Gen I Remake)]

ragnarok_fr_by_peetzaahhh2010-d91bv0s.pn

[spoiler=Pokémon Sandstorm (Gen I Remake)]

sandstone_by_peetzaahhh2010-d91y8rd.png

[spoiler=Pokémon DeltaEmerald (Gen III/IV)]

deltaemerald_by_peetzaahhh2010-d91yaps.p

[spoiler=Pokémon Kanto Black]

pokemon_kanto_black_by_peetzaahhh2010-d9

[spoiler=Pokémon LostStory Version (Gen II Remake)]

loststory_by_peetzaahhh2010-d92cm2i.png

[spoiler=Pokémon Ragnarök (Gen V)]

ragnarok_bw_by_peetzaahhh2010-d92ow9k.pn

>thread pertaining to logotype

>font used for post is comic sans

Anyway, you seem to have a basic grasp on the fundamentals of working with fonts but not necessarily with logos however. 

What I mean by that is, you know when to bevel, outline, add a dropshadow, when and where to apply a gradient, etc. (for the most part.) But that's not really what makes a good logo. 

Logo design is an art form and with any art form creativity is key, without it you're essentially just playing around with settings on a program. 

I took one of your designs and added my own twist to it in an effort to better illustrate what I'm talking about, I hope you don't mind.

547f1059c2eedb810395affec5b24002.png

So I too added a gradient, but it had a purpose, and that purpose was to illustrate and convey a theme. The multi-level gradient is there to essentially mimic the look of sandstone. Furthermore, I felt that wasn't really enough to really portray a strong enough image to the viewer, and quite frankly as a whole the type just looked boring, so I vectored some sheet that kind of resembles falling rocks. It adds texture to the type, some depth, and just makes it more interesting. I then vectored an unknown, mainly to tie everything together, but also because I just thought it would be dope. 

And that's essentially it, just funking around and being creative. You're already proficient with the pentool, you know the basics, now be creative, otherwise you're just messing around with some settings on a program. There's nothing interesting about that. 

>thread pertaining to logotype

>font used for post is comic sans

Anyway, you seem to have a basic grasp on the fundamentals of working with fonts but not necessarily with logos however. 

What I mean by that is, you know when to bevel, outline, add a dropshadow, when and where to apply a gradient, etc. (for the most part.) But that's not really what makes a good logo. 

Logo design is an art form and with any art form creativity is key, without it you're essentially just playing around with settings on a program. 

I took one of your designs and added my own twist to it in an effort to better illustrate what I'm talking about, I hope you don't mind.

547f1059c2eedb810395affec5b24002.png

So I too added a gradient, but it had a purpose, and that purpose was to illustrate and convey a theme. The multi-level gradient is there to essentially mimic the look of sandstone. Furthermore, I felt that wasn't really enough to really portray a strong enough image to the viewer, and quite frankly as a whole the type just looked boring, so I vectored some s*** that kind of resembles falling rocks. It adds texture to the type, some depth, and just makes it more interesting. I then vectored an unknown, mainly to tie everything together, but also because I just thought it would be dope. 

And that's essentially it, just f***ing around and being creative. You're already proficient with the pentool, you know the basics, now be creative, otherwise you're just messing around with some settings on a program. There's nothing interesting about that. 

I see what you are saying, but this is not the point with these logos. It would be great if I were to do logos like you are showing me, but these logos are to emulate the real Pokemon logos but just replacing the version name

I didn't think of the comicsans irony lol

EDIT: How you know I'm proficient with the pentool?

EDIT2: What does that say about Pokemon of America making logos so simply? lol

I see what you are saying, but this is not the point with these logos. It would be great if I were to do logos like you are showing me, but these logos are to emulate the real Pokemon logos but just replacing the version name

I didn't think of the comicsans irony lol

EDIT: How you know I'm proficient with the pentool?

EDIT2: What does that say about Pokemon of America making logos so simply? lol

Who says you can't? 

Put your own spin on things, that's what being artistic means. 

And fair enough, if you want to stay true to the original intent of the logo set then that's cool but every time you post it seems like it's always the same thing, never anything truly original. I've seen you post sheet using the pentool, but it's mainly been just trace work. I'd really love to see some original designs and stuff out of you. 

I'm not quite sure what you want feedback on if what Night is doing isn't your intent. The vast majority of these are simply using the standard Pokémon fonts and putting in a word. It's such an automated process that there are probably websites that can do the exact same thing out there.

There's no reason to not deviate from the pre-existing logo design, and do something fresh. Gen V had a totally different font from previous gens. X & Y had different fonts and design, ORAS had different fonts and design. Sticking to the 'real' logos is an odd thing to say when the real logos are changing every year.

I don't mean to sound harsh or anything. It would just be cool to see some fresher material.

Archived