[MtG] Ob Nixilis, Renewed (written)

heraldry_lord

Ob Nixilis, Renewed

Mana Cost: {4}{B}{B}

Planeswalker - Nixilis

Starting loyalty: 4

+1: Until end of turn, Ob Nixilis, Renewed becomes a legendary 5/5 black Demon creature with flying and haste. (He doesn't lose loyalty while he's a planeswalker.)

-2: Target player sacrifices a nonland permanent. Put X loyalty counters on Ob Nixilis, Renewed, where X is that permanent's converted mana cost.

-10: You get an emblem with "Whenever an opponent searches his or her library, he or she loses 10 life."

Ob Nixilis, Renewed

Planeswalker - Nixilis

+1: Until end of turn, Ob Nixilis, Renewed becomes a legendary 5/5 black Demon creature with flying and haste. (He doesn't lose loyalty while he's a planeswalker.)

-3: Destroy target permanent. If you do, put X loyalty counters on Ob Nixilis, Renewed, where X is that permanent's converted mana cost.

-10: You get an emblem with "Whenever an opponent draws a card or searches their library, he or she loses 10 life."

• Black doesn't get to DESTROY artifacts, enchantments, or lands too often anymore. Destruction of planeswalkers is also used sparingly. To simplify the text and bring this card closer to flavor, I'd suggest changing "Destroy target permanent" to either "Destroy target creature" or "Sacrifice a permanent".

• The -10 basically says 'You win the game either this turn or the next' (in 20 life formats anyway, although this is often the case for EDH too). I'd suggest removing the 'draws a card' part, since Wizards generally tries to avoid putting heavy penalties on things players have to do.

• Black doesn't get to DESTROY artifacts, enchantments, or lands too often anymore. Destruction of planeswalkers is also used sparingly. To simplify the text and bring this card closer to flavor, I'd suggest changing "Destroy target permanent" to either "Destroy target creature" or "Sacrifice a permanent".

I changed it to "Target player sacrifices a nonland permanent", and I lessened the loyalty change to allow for more counters in exchange, since you either have to sac your own permanents for guaranteed counters, or rely to some extent on luck if you choose an opponent to sac one of theirs.

Ob Nixilis, Renewed

Planeswalker - Nixilis

-2: Target player sacrifices a nonland permanent. If you do, Put X loyalty counters on Ob Nixilis, Renewed, where X is that permanent's converted mana cost.

-10: You get an emblem with "Whenever an opponent searches their his or her library, he or she loses 10 life."

I think that is what you meant, given what you said.

The card looks quite fine now.

Archived