A Traptrix Guide. Because there is only so much fun and I want it all.

sabenite

Darkfire1805220af85dc94b.jpg

Welcome to the Jungle, we've got fun and games.  Well, fun and games for me that is.  There is a finite amount of fun to be had in this game and, as a human, I want the most fun I can have.  If this means that you have less fun, well I'm prepared to take that risk.  If you are like minded, maybe you too will appreciate this control archtype.

[spoiler=Monsters]
These are the members of the Traptrix Archtype.  All current members of the archtype are Earth monsters that are either plants or insects.  They are all level/rank 4 and if you add their attack and defense stats, the sum is 2800.  They support/are supported by the Hole archtype, most notably the Trap Hole sub-archtype.  All of the main deck members of the archtype, so far, are unaffected by "Hole" normal trap cards.  

[spoiler=Traptrix Atrax]
300px-TraptrixAtrax-PGL2-EN-GUR-1E.png
1800/1000 Earth Insect 4* 

This card is unaffected by the effects of "Hole" Normal Trap Cards. You can activate "Hole" Normal Trap Cards from your hand. The activation and effects of Normal Trap Cards activated on your side of the field cannot be negated.

The strongest attacking Traptrix has an effect that alludes to the notorious Makyura but not as broken.  While activating trap holes from your hand can help you mind game your opponent, it's honestly not super exciting.  One thing to remember is that you can do this on your the first turn against something such as Dark World but remember, if you lean on this effect to much, you may strand holes in your hand if Atrax dies to something.  Her second effect is another fun effect and allow us to play our game despite haters being haters.  When Atrax is out we get to ignore cards such as Decree, Trap Stun, Stardust ect.  Another thing to remember, Atrax protects all of our normal traps from being negated, not just trap holes.  While the first effect doesn't scream "Play Me", it's a nice addition to the second effect on a card that while we may not be excited to play, demands that we play to answer any possible hate.
Recommended: 1-2

[spoiler=Traptrix Dionaea]
300px-TraptrixDionaea-PGL2-EN-GUR-1E.png
1700/1100 Earth Plant 4* 

This card is unaffected by the effects of "Hole" Normal Trap Cards. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 "Traptrix" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in Defense Position. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Hole" Normal Trap Card in your Graveyard; Set that target, but banish it during the End Phase of your next turn if it is still on the field. You can only use this effect of "Traptrix Dionaea" once per turn.

One of our engine cards.  The basic play of the deck is to summon this with a Myrmeleo in grave, special summon Myrmeleo, blow up a S/T, laugh when it's Bottomless, xyz into a rank 4, ???, profit.  You can also use this to set up syncros.  The special summon effect is also fantastic.  When you bring back a bottomless, it doesn't matter if the opponent knows that it's coming.  They have four options, none of which are good for them: they can make sub-optimal plays to play around it,  they can play into it and get blown out, or they can use a S/T destruction card on a card that you already used, or they can do nothing.  Obviously if they do nothing, we should be able to punish them, and it shouldn't hurt us if we lose the bottomless.  If we get any other trap hole, it probably won't affect them as much but if we are running any way to recover our trap holes, Bottomless is clearly the best to bring back.  It is also important to remember that Myrmeleo isn't the only card that you can get back.  All of the Traptrix monsters can be solid when brought back when you don't have a Myrmeleo in grave, they have no S/Ts to kill, or you already have a 4* monster out to xyz with.
Recommended: 3

[spoiler=Traptrix Myrmeleo]
300px-TraptrixMyrmeleo-PGL2-EN-GUR-1E.pn
1600/1200 Earth Insect 4* 

This card is unaffected by the effects of "Hole" Normal Trap Cards. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Hole" Normal Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is Special Summoned: Target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy that target.

Our other major engine card and the reason that I picked up this deck.  The first effect is fantastic and really allows for mind games in smaller metas.  While you really shouldn't ever get anything other than Bottomless 99% of the time, if you know that your opponent expects you to search Bottomless, you can get something else, set what you get as well as other cards, and force them to play around Bottomless.  As I said, this only works in a small meta and often isn't worth not having the Bottomless but hey, it's there.  The second effect makes Myrmeleo the best Traptrix to revive with Dionaea in any aggressive push, assuming there is any S/T on the opponent's side of the board.  It should be understood that the second and third copy of this card get better as you play more trap holes, both in number and different names. 
Recommended: 3

[spoiler=Traptrix Nepenthes]
300px-TraptrixNepenthes-PGL2-EN-GUR-1E.p
800/2000 Earth Plant 4* 

This card is unaffected by the effects of "Hole" Normal Trap Cards. If you activate a "Hole" Normal Trap Card (except during the Damage Step): You can add to your hand, or Special Summon, 1 "Traptrix" monster from your Deck, except "Traptrix Nepenthes". You can only use the effect of "Traptrix Nepenthes" once per turn.

The last of the main deck Traptrix monsters and quite an interesting card.  She is an advantage machine if she gets to stick around and see us make our opponent play our game.  That is a big if however, as there are not that many good ways to get her into an advantageous viewing point.  You can normal summon her turn one and with the right traps, she can stick around and accrue advantage, you could set her and hope that the opponent attacks her, doesn't kill her, and then play into traps, or you can use Dionaea to special summon her in def.  While the last one is the safest, it also robs us of one of our aggressive plays to try to set up a much longer game.  This can be to our advantage but much like Atrax, it's bad practice to heavily rely on monsters as they are very squishy. What do we get when Nepenthes triggers? Well, we can grab a Dionaea to set up a play for next turn, grab a Myrmeleo to either pop a S/T, or pull out Atrax to get around trap negation.  A very solid card and a passable wall but the lack of an effect while being special summoned really hurts the playability of this card in non-pure Traptrix.
Recommended: 0-2

[spoiler=Traptrix Rafflesia]
300px-TraptrixRafflesia-DOCS-JP-SR.png
300/2500 Earth Plant 4* XYZ (2 Materials)

This card is unaffected by Trap effects while it has Xyz Material. "Traptrix" monsters you control, except "Traptrix Rafflesia", cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects, and cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, when the activation timing of a "Hole" Normal Trap Card in your Deck is correct: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and send an appropriate "Hole" Normal Trap Card from your Deck to the Graveyard; apply this effect as the sent Trap Card's effect.

Our boss monster.  This may not be the prototypical boss monster but this card can be insane in our deck.  Like the other Traptrix monster, she is unaffected by Trap Holes but in addition to that, she is unaffected by all traps.  She also protects our other Traptrix from being destroyed much like March of the Monarchs does but she also protects us from battle.  Is their Kycoo that they somehow stuck messing with you? Just crash Atrax into it.  OK, not the best usage of indestructibility but it can be useful.  Now for the most exciting effect that our boss has.  Really, I would play this card of this was the only effect that it had.  This card also allows us to toolbox our deck to answer most situations.  Did you grab a Void Trap Hole with Myrmeleo? Did your opponent, knowing this, make, what they think is a fairly unpunishable pendulum summon?  Well then this card is your answer.  Just grab that tech Time Space Trap Hole and blow your opponent out.  This effect makes Rafflesia similar to Myrmeleo in that they both get better as you add trap holes into the deck.  Rafflesia also has one of the most relevant numbers in her stats at 2500 allowing her to wall through quite a number of early attackers.
Recommended: 1-2 (dependent on the number of trap holes in the deck)

[spoiler=Holes]
These are all of the normal trap Hole cards, the majority indeed belong to the Trap Hole sub-archtype.  They all can be searched by Myrmeleo and sent from the deck by Rafflesia
[spoiler=Bottomless Trap Hole]
300px-BottomlessTrapHole-SDHS-EN-C-1E.pn

When your opponent Summons a monster(s) with 1500 or more ATK: Destroy that monster(s) with 1500 or more ATK, and if you do, banish it.

Inarguably the best trap hole.  Being able to search and recur this card is one of the major selling points of playing Traptrix.  If this card was at three, we would play three.  This is our best answer to almost any pendulum/Soul Charge push as well as being a solid one-for-one.  Not much more to say about this.
Recommended: 1

[spoiler=Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare]
300px-TraptrixTrapHoleNightmare-PGL2-EN-

When a monster that was Special Summoned this turn activates its effect on your opponent's side of the field: Negate that effect, and if you do, destroy that card.

Another solid trap hole. The best thing that this has going for it is the lack of an attack requirement and the ability to negate an effect, after the opponent has paid a cost.  It is fairly easy to play around if your opponent knows that it's there but that's why we should have more than one trap in play most of the time and if they wait a turn to use a key effect, we should be able to punish them anyway.
Recommended: 2-3

[spoiler=Void Trap Hole]
300px-VoidTrapHole-REDU-EN-SR-1E.png

When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s) with 2000 or more ATK: Negate the effects of one of those monsters with 2000 or more ATK, and if you do, destroy it.

This trap hole is notable in that it can kill monsters that prevent their own destruction, if they have a high enough attack.  This can kill cards such as Beelze, 101, etc. as well as other large threats.  It also has a cute interaction if you tag with Infernoids.  Being a Void card, it can be searched out by Void Vanishment.  This is rarely worth it but it can be useful to search 2 traps in one turn using Vanishmet and Myrmeleo.
Recommended: 1-3 (fairly meta dependent)

[spoiler=Time Space Trap Hole]
300px-TimeSpaceTrapHole-DUEA-EN-ScR-1E.p

When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s) from the hand or Extra Deck: Shuffle that monster(s) into the Deck, then you lose 1000 LP for each returned monster.

Our soul charge-esq answer to pendulum summons.  This card can be incredibly punishing to an over extension by any pendulum deck and, being non-destruction removal, can answer Stardust which is difficult card for us to answer if we don't Time Space it.  All in all a solid card but the overall effectiveness is meta dependent.  This card can become a dead draw as the game progresses, as we will lose enough life for it to be possible to play.
Recommended: 0-2 (meta dependent)

[spoiler=Double Trap Hole]
300px-DoubleTrapHole-SECE-EN-SP-1E.png

If your opponent Special Summons a monster(s) in Defense Position: Banish those monster(s) that were Summoned in (and currently in) Defense Position.

This card helps punish those who play around 101 and Effect Veiler when they summon effect monsters in defence.  I'm not a huge fan of this card but I can see the potential for this card in the right meta.
Recommended: 0-2 (meta dependent)

[spoiler=Trap Hole]
300px-TrapHole-YS15-EN-C-1E.png

When your opponent Normal or Flip Summons 1 monster with 1000 or more ATK: Target that monster; destroy that target.

The original hole.  Surprisingly playable due to it's low attack restriction.  This trap is a solid turn one play but it gets less good as the game goes on.  An interaction to remember, with this card is that if you Book of Moon a syncro/xyz monster, you can Trap Hole it when they flip summon it.
Recommended: 0-1

[spoiler=D.D. Trap Hole]
300px-DDTrapHole-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png

When your opponent Sets exactly 1 monster (and no other cards): Target that Set monster and 1 monster you control; destroy those targets, and if you do, banish them.

Now we get to the basically unplayable holes but I guess I can try to come up with time you could play them.  This one for example isn't terrible against Shaddolls.  But yeah, don't play this.
Recommended: 0

[spoiler=Giant Trap Hole]
300px-GiantTrapHole-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png

When 2 or more monsters are Special Summoned at the same time: Destroy all monsters on the field.

Technically this is a way to punish pendulum summons or soul charge but that being the only real way to trigger this card and it blowing up our board unless we have Rafflesia out, makes this card pretty unplayable

[spoiler=Acid Trap Hole]
300px-AcidTrapHole-LCYW-EN-R-1E.png

Target 1 face-down Defense Position monster on the field; flip it face-up, then destroy it if its DEF is 2000 or less, or return it face-down if its DEF is more than 2000.

The only trap hole that doesn't require a trigger to activate.  This, however, doesn't make it playable, while it can kill most things that are set by the opponent, they are almost always Shaddolls or Burning Abyss and as such, don't really care if they are destroyed.  True this has synergy with Book of Moon but that doesn't make it worth playing. 

[spoiler=Adhesion Trap Hole]
300px-AdhesionTrapHole-BPW2-EN-SR-1E.png

When your opponent Summons a monster(s): Halve that monster(s)'s original ATK.

This trap is basically a Shrink that doesn't get to blind side your opponent in the damage step.  True it's a permanent shrink but if they leave the monster out, you probably won't get to hit it anyway.

[spoiler=Deep Dark Trap Hole]
300px-DeepDarkTrapHole-PHSW-EN-R-1E.jpg

When a Level 5 or higher Effect Monster(s) is Special Summoned: Banish that Level 5 or higher Effect Monster(s).

This used to be interesting before xyz but now it leaves a lot to be desired.  Coupled with the lack of negating an effect when it's used makes it not as effective as our other cards against Nekroz.  It's not worthless against the El-Shaddolls but being passible against one deck doesn't make a card worth running.

[spoiler=Treacherous Trap Hole]
300px-TreacherousTrapHole-LCJW-EN-C-1E.p

If you have no Trap Cards in your Graveyard: Target 2 monsters on the field; destroy those targets.

Honestly not a horrible card in general just unplayable in our deck.  Killing 2 monsters when you know that they won't trigger effects when they die isn't horrible.  Unfortunately this card requires there being almost no other traps in the deck and that's just not what we're about.

[spoiler=Gemini Trap Hole]
GeminiTrapHoleSDWS-EN-C-1E.jpg

Activate only when a Gemini monster that is treated as an Effect Monster is destroyed by battle. Destroy all monsters your opponent controls.

I've been playing this game fairly competitively since late 2003/early 2004.  I can honestly say that I've never seen this card activate.  I can also say with 100% certainty, this deck won't be the one to activate it.  We don't play Geminis because there are like three that are playable at all and only one can be played in, what I feel, is both a terrible version of a Traptrix and not the way that you would build a deck using it.

[spoiler=Tachyon Chaos Hole]
300px-TachyonChaosHole-PRIO-EN-SR-1E.png

When a face-up "Galaxy" Xyz Monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle with an opponent's attacking monster, or by an opponent's card effect, and sent to your Graveyard: Destroy as many face-up cards your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, banish them. During your Draw Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can banish this card, then target 1 "Galaxy" Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

Not a trap hole, but this can be searched by Myrmeleo and Rafflesia.  We have no way to trigger it but it's effect is cool and it may be worth teching a Myrmeleo into a Galaxy deck.  But that discussion is for another time.

[spoiler=White Hole]
300px-WhiteHole-TU04-EN-C-UE.jpg

Activate only when your opponent activates "Dark Hole". The monsters you control are not destroyed.

Another unexpected hole card that can be searched by Myrmeleo and Rafflesia.  Far to situational but as I said I will try to give reasons to play it.  It can keep you from being blown out by a Dark Hole and with the amount of searching that we have, we could play it as a one of.  This also can be sided out after game one and still force your opponent to accept that it could be there.  All in all though, don't play this unless you don't understand why you shouldn't over extend to the board with squishy cards.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that one style of game play is better than any other.  As with any deck, there is a way that the cards want to lead you to play but you can play however you want to.  While I am able to play any style of deck with practice, I personally enjoy playing control decks and have for as long as I can remember.  This leads me to enjoy archtypes that lead you to play a controlling game.  I don't have enough experience playing an aggro style of Traptrix and while I am sure that there are some out there, I believe that the optimal way to build a Traptrix deck is with a control mindset.  As such the non-Traptrix recommended cards are suggested with control in mind.
[spoiler=Other cards]
Once again, these are not the only cards that you can play in addition to the main cards but they are very solid in a stun build.
[spoiler=Monsters]
[spoiler=Thunder King Rai-Oh]
300px-ThunderKingRaiOh-PGLD-EN-GUR-1E.pn
1900/800 Light Thunder 4*

Neither player can add cards from their Deck to their hand except by drawing them. During either player's turn, when your opponent would Special Summon exactly 1 monster: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; negate the Special Summon, and if you do, destroy it.

There is probably some personal bias here as T-King is one of my top 5 favorite cards of all time, but in a format with no real mass S/T removal, there is virtually no better opening play than T-King, set 3/4, pass.  When mass s/t removal comes back, then we may talk but until then, play the one T-King and remember when he was at 3.
Recommended: 1 (forever limited :()

[spoiler=Kycoo, the Ghost Destroyer]
300px-KycootheGhostDestroyer-BP02-EN-C-1
1800/700 Dark Spellcaster 4*

When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target up to 2 monsters in their Graveyard; banish those targets. Your opponent cannot banish cards from either player's Graveyard.

Another personal favorite card of mine, still a fantastic card that punishes much of the meta.  Hoses Infernoids and when it hits, any real meta deck gets smashed by their monsters being banished.  Something cute that can happen is this removing a monster that gets its effect at the end phase makes it so that it no longer gets its effect.  The only thing to remember about its effect is that if it deals damage while killing a monster, you can't remove that monster since it isn't in the grave yet.
Recommended: 2-3

[spoiler=Glow-Up Bulb]
300px-GlowUpBulb-PGL2-EN-GUR-1E.png
100/100 Earth Plant Tuner 1*

If this card is in the Graveyard: You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon this card. You can only use this effect of "Glow-Up Bulb" once per Duel.

The only tuner that you really want to play as a tuner.  There are 2 major things that make us willing to play this and make room in our extra deck for a couple of syncros.  This is an earth monster which allows us to play Naturia Beast.  Nat Beast is a beating against the majority of the meta if you can protect it.  We can do that pretty well.  The other thing about Glow-Up that makes us want to play it is it coming back as a level one for virtually no cost.  This means that we can play Trisula off of a Dionaea summon.

[spoiler=Effect Veiler]
300px-EffectVeiler-NKRT-EN-PlR-LE.png
100/100 Light Spellcaster Tuner 1*

During your opponent's Main Phase: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard, then target 1 face-up Effect Monster your opponent controls; negate that opponent's face-up monster's effects until the end of this turn (this is a Quick Effect).

Hand traps are cute and this is one of the best.  If there is something that you want to negate and you don't have an applicable hole in place this can bail you out.  One such card that this stops is the normal summoned Lonefire Blossom.  While it's likely that they are going to just grab another Lonefire, what if they grap a Nepenthes?  Then you have no hole out and you're suddenly in a long grindy match.  

[spoiler=Spells]
[spoiler=Book of Moon]
300px-BookofMoon-PGL2-EN-GUR-1E.png

Target 1 face-up monster on the field; change that target to face-down Defense Position.

This is a staple and really should be in every deck.

[spoiler=Dark Hole]
300px-DarkHole-YS15-EN-SR-1E.png

Destroy all monsters on the field.

While destruction isn't always the best way to remove monsters any more, this card is still worth playing as clearing all monsters on the board can often be necessary if your opponent had more threats than you had traps.

[spoiler=Raigeki]
300px-Raigeki-PGL2-EN-GUR-1E.png

Destroy all monsters your opponent controls.

See Dark Hole with the advantage that you don't lose your monsters

[spoiler=Forbidden Chalice]
300px-ForbiddenChalice-BP03-EN-C-1E.png

Target 1 face-up monster on the field; until the end of this turn, that target gains 400 ATK, but its effects are negated.

These are your extra Effect Veilers with some other advantages.  While you can't play them from your hand on you're opponent's turn, you can use this on your turn, use it in the damage step to push your monsters over an attacking monster and use it stop flip effects.  This card does the same thing as Veiler but ignores the limitations that Veiler has.
Recommended: 1-3

[spoiler=Shrink]
300px-Shrink-YSKR-EN-C-1E.png

Target 1 face-up monster on the field; the original ATK of that monster is halved until the End Phase.

This card leads to so many blowouts, it's kind of silly.  This essentially doubles your monsters attack and can be used in the damage step.  Once again, I'm sure that there is some personal bias but my results with this card have led me to consider playing it in many other decks.  This only needs to crush your opponent once to for it to remain on their radar for the rest of the match.

[spoiler=Mystical Space Typhoon]
300px-MysticalSpaceTyphoon-YS15-EN-C-1E-

Target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy that target.

This is another staple that you should have in every deck.

[spoiler=Dimension Fissure]
300px-DimensionalFissure-RYMP-EN-ScR-1E.

Any monster sent to the Graveyard is banished instead.

This hits so much of the meta that it's absurd.  It also draws MSTs like few other cards, protection our holes.  It should be kept in mind that it does stop Dionaea, Thunder King, Effect Veiler and Glow Up.

[spoiler=Traps]
[spoiler=Ring of Destruction]
300px-RingofDestruction-PGL2-EN-GUR-1E.p

During your opponent's turn: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls whose ATK is less than or equal to their LP; destroy that face-up monster, and if you do, take damage equal to its original ATK, then inflict damage to your opponent, equal to the damage you took. You can only activate 1 "Ring of Destruction" per turn.

I was very skeptical of the playabilty of this card when I first saw its eratta.  I thought that it would make the card terrible and while I still don't like the precidant that was set where errata changed from cleaning up the text of a card to changing the card effect all together, in this case it made the card less of a win con and more of what, I think, was intended, changing it into a removal card.

[spoiler=Vanity's Emptiness]
300px-VanitysEmptiness-THSF-EN-SR-1E.png

Neither player can Special Summon monsters. If a card is sent from the Deck or the field to your Graveyard: Destroy this card.

Hey, floodgates are necessary.  I've said it before and I'll say it here.  If there were no floodgates, Yugioh would be a terrible game that would simply be, who won the die roll and didn't brick.  Many people don't like floodgate but as long as they're around, control decks have a chance to last long enough to play.

[spoiler=Compulsory Evacuation Device]
300px-CompulsoryEvacuationDevice-PGL2-EN

Target 1 monster on the field; return that target to the hand.

Non-destruction removal and over all one of the best traps in the game.

[spoiler=Solemn Warning]
300px-SolemnWarning-PGL2-EN-GUR-1E.png

When a monster(s) would be Summoned, OR when a Spell Card, Trap Card, or monster effect is activated that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): Pay 2000 LP; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

Sometimes our holes aren't enough to protect us and we need to negate the card from every hitting the board.  Denko Sekka is probably the biggest reason that we play this because if they land a Denko Sekka and can protect it, we kinda lose.

[spoiler=Torrential Tribute]
300px-TorrentialTribute-NKRT-EN-PlR-LE.p

When a monster(s) is Summoned: Destroy all monsters on the field.

Mass destruction in the form of a normal trap.  This can be pushed through via Atrax but destroying our monsters often isn't worth it.  The opponent shouldn't be able to stick any large monsters through out other traps.  Rafflesia does tank it and allow our other Traptrix to tank it.

[spoiler=Breakthrough Skill]
300px-BreakthroughSkill-BP03-EN-C-1E.png

Target 1 face-up Effect Monster your opponent controls; negate the effects of that opponent's face-up monster, until the end of this turn. During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 face-up Effect Monster your opponent controls; negate that target's effects until the end of this turn.

Basically more Effect Veilers.  We get 2 shots with this and Atrax can help make sure that it gets off.

[spoiler=Fiendish Chain]
300px-FiendishChain-LC5D-EN-ScR-1E.png

Activate this card by targeting 1 Effect Monster on the field; its effects are negated, also it cannot attack. When it is destroyed, destroy this card.

More effect negation and can be used as protection from battle.

[spoiler=Macro Cosmos]
300px-MacroCosmos-DT06-EN-DRPR-DT.jpg

When this card resolves: You can Special Summon 1 "Helios - The Primordial Sun" from your hand or Deck. While this card is face-up on the field, any card sent to the Graveyard is banished instead.

You should play this for the same reasons as Dimensional Fissure as it is functionally the same card.  It hurts us more that it banishes everything but it also hurts meta decks more.  Being chainable means that it can cripple Infernoids when they play Reasoning and Shaddolls when they fuse. 

[spoiler=Mind Crush]
300px-MindCrush-LCYW-EN-UR-1E.png

Declare 1 card name; if that card is in your opponent's hand, they must discard all copies of it, otherwise you discard 1 random card.

This card has allowed me to blow out so many people.  However playing with this card demands some knowledge of what decks play.  An example hat was given to me when Bujins were good was if someone used Fire Formation Tenki to search a Mikazuchi, it implied that they had multiple Yamotos in their hand so it would probably be better to Mind Crush for Yamato in order to attempt a blow-out.  This is one card that gets better the more you have on the field.  If you can Mind Crush twice in one turn you should be incredibly far ahead.  

[spoiler=Jar of Avarice]
300px-JarofAvarice-CROS-EN-ScR-1E.png

Target 5 cards in your Graveyard, except "Jar of Avarice"; shuffle all 5 into the Deck, then draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Jar of Avarice" per turn.

This card's value increases with every Rafflesia in your deck.  Being able to shuffle Bottomless back in to the deck and then being able to play it seems so tantalizing.  

[spoiler=Extra Deck]
[spoiler=Naturia Beast]
300px-NaturiaBeast-PGL2-EN-GUR-1E.png
2200/1700 Earth Beast 5*

During either player's turn, when a Spell Card is activated: You can send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. This card must be face-up on the field to activate and to resolve this effect.

Hoses a ton of decks and is something that protects itself from the one way of removal that we don't interact with that well.

[spoiler=Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier]
300px-TrishulaDragonoftheIceBarrier-HA04
2700/2000  Water Dragon 9*

When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can activate this effect to remove from play up to one card each from your opponent's hand, field and Graveyard. (The card in the hand is chosen at random.)

People seem to be upset with the Nekroz Trishula but this is better.  While it is obviously more advantageous to banish from everywhere, you can use if they have a clear board, just to rip a card from their hand.  This card alone drives the deck to play Glow Up and as such, more syncros.

[spoiler=Ally of Justice Catastor]
300px-AllyofJusticeCatastor-CT10-EN-SR-L
2200/1200 Dark Machine 5*

At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a non-DARK monster: Destroy that monster.

This is not the most popular level five sychro to summon any more but it still does enough work to at least compete for a slot in the extra deck/

[spoiler=Armades, Keeper of Boundaries]
300px-ArmadesKeeperofBoundaries-PGL2-EN-
2300/1500 Light Fiend 5*

If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

This is probably our best finisher and allows us to attack without fear of something happening.  It is also important to remember that we can use effects while Armades is attacking and our opponent can not respond.

[spoiler=Rank 4s]
Use the rest of the extra deck to toolbox answers to your meta.

someone I think in the Rafflesia thread mentioned Treacherous being useable (not sure if they were joking or not), but with first-turn Rafflesia it's not completely dead

Interesting read though, at a glance, some of the S/T lineup I may not completely agree with, but you've mentioned your bias so

also this archetype really only fits in with other engines

as a deck it doesnt work as effectivley as having other stuff like hands in there

I mean yeah that's the problem.

Myrm and Dio are amazing, Nep is alright, Atrax is bad, so you're stuck with 3/3/2/0 split of Traptrix, then you gotta fill up the deck with something else. Though with Rafflesia around, rank 4-ish engines should work well. Trixclown anyone?

also wtf why are you telling to run 1-2 Atrax but 0-2 Nep

Atrax isn't that awful. It's an incredible out to Denko, which can otherwise be very problematic for the deck. Probably worth siding at least for games 2 and 3 against decks that play Denko like Shaddoll and Nekroz.

Also if we're mentioning OCG cards, it's probably worth pointing out that Norden + Instant Fusion is really good in here as extra Dionaeas without taking up a Normal Summon.

Overall, pretty generic and effective guide, it even mentions Hole Cards I didn't know existed. Couple things though.

Format wise, it's really senseless to list a card's stats (ATK/DEF/Level) etc. When you've got a picture just above it. You also should put a blank line between the effect quote and your thoughts so it doesn't run together as a giant block of text (or, at least it doesn't on this layout of the website, on yours it might already look fine).

You also want to watch your grammar and make sure you consistently capitalize card names/Trap/Trap Hole, etc. But I'll give you a pass since I know you wrote this really fast.

Since you have so many Hole cards you're not recommended to play, it might be worth it to split up the good/bad in different spoilers.

As for the actual content on the cards, there's a huge amount of monster effect negation mentioned (Nightmare, Breakthrough, Veiler, Chalice, Chain), and while they're all viable by themselves, it might be worth mentioning how many you want to include between them all. Personally I think Nepenthes is a solid 1, but I clearly don't know Traptrix as well as you. It's definitely worth a mention that Time-Space Trap Hole obliterates Majespecters (particularly because Bottomless does not).

Lastly...

Hoses Infernoids and when it hits, and any real meta deck gets smashed by their monsters being banished.

I do not like the implications you are implying here.

Archived