Turtles In Space II, The Nickelodeon Sequel (AKA, TMNT 2012, Season 4)

Astro Dude

Guys, I have seen the future.

[spoiler Season 3 finale]

So the Turtles were involved with a war between Krang and the Triceratons and you thought the end of season 2 was bad, how about the Earth being sucked into a black hole, Splinter stabbed once, and the Triceratons moving on? Fortunately, the turtles, April and Casey were saved by Professor Zeta Honeycutt, the Fugitoid, and are now in space. That is the Kate Moss silver lining in a cloud the size of the universe.

So anyway, Season 4, Turtles in space. Thoughts? Anyone? Seriously anyone?

TL;DR The finale was cool, I don't like Reset Buttons, Too much time spent discussing Ninja Turtles.

I really liked the finale, but I'm also sad about it. This isn't Game of Thrones or Attack on Titan or something. This is TMNT on Nick. The only reason they killed everyone was to create drama, send the turtles to space to sell toys, then undo everything with either Doctor Who Fugitoid or the time wizards. Now I fully accept the first point: sometimes people need to axed off to build upon character. I even understand the second: merchandise equals profit equals more episodes. What bugs me is the last point: "Now that we have walking Reset Buttons, we can do whatever we want without consequence." Though Doctor Who is now in this, and touched upon briefly, I don't believe this to be a fixed point in time that can't be undone. The turtles are gonna have wacky space adventures, have one or two episodes where they almost reset everything, then finish the season by well... resetting everything. Or they'll pull a "It's cool, the black hole just sent them somewhere else". I wanted to like the finale, it was really well done and I love TMNT, but plots like this just irritate me. Samurai Jack had the decency to say "The road to victory is paved with blood, sweat, tears, and sacrifice."

• Morbid as it is, Splinter's death felt right to me. His entire family is linked to tragedy. Tang Shen died protecting Yoshi, Karai lost her blood-family and must always be forever in solitude, Shredder lost to Yoshi in love and family, and Splinter lost his family, gained a new one, only to lose everything in the end.
  • Shredder was in very Shredder fashion, "If Yoshi's dead, then so be it".
  • The villain team-up was cool, nice to see them kicking ass.
  • The Triceratons were menacing, just powerhousing through everyone.
  • Any time Splinter gets to fight is just amazing.
  • Maybe space will be a nice change of scenery.
  • I really really want the turtles to be angsty over this. Not just "Everyone's dead, that stinks... Oh well, SUPER SPACE FUN TIME WOW!! We gotta save the [insert 80's reference] aliens! Look at all these cool costumes and vehicles you can buy now in stores! We should be grieving, but who cares? Doctor WHOOOOO!!!!"
  • Thank Arceus April will be there to actually express emotional turmoil.
  • All in all, good times. Turtles were fun, action intense, nice build-up.

Archived