Spell Speed Question.

I was trying to find the solution to this, but I was getting confused by Spell Speeds.

If I have Light and Darkness Dragon on my side of the field and my opponent activates Shrink, does LaDD's effect activate to negate Shrink or will Shrink halve LaDD's ATK?

Stupid question, but I just don't know.

i'm not sure too, but Shrink is a Spell Speed 2 whereas LaDD is a Spell Speed 1 therefore Shrink's should half LaDD's ATK.

LaDD's effect according to wiki is Trigger not Multi-Trigger placing it as a Spell Speed 1 card not Spell Speed 2 unlike Shrink which is a Quick-Play.

But LaDD's effect mentions Traps meaning it doesn't take Spell Speed's into consideration, damn i got confused.

i'm not sure too' date=' but Shrink is a Spell Speed 2 whereas LaDD is a Spell Speed 1 therefore Shrink's should half LaDD's ATK.

LaDD's effect according to wiki is Trigger not Multi-Trigger placing it as a Spell Speed 1 card not Spell Speed 2 unlike Shrink which is a Quick-Play.

[/quote']

If we're going to be using the Wiki as evidence, check the second ruling the Wiki has for LADD under Card Rulings:

“Light and Darkness Dragon’s” second effect that negates the activation of Spell, Trap, and the effects of Effect Monsters is a Multi-Trigger Effect. “Light and Darkness Dragon” loses 500 ATK and DEF when its effect is resolved, after negating the activation of the Spell, Trap, or effect of the Effect Monster. This effect can be activated during the Damage Step.

Also, if LADD was Spell Speed 1, it couldn't be chained to ANYTHING.

Archived