[MtG] Kozilek's Fearmonger (written)

heraldry_lord

Kozilek's Fearmonger

Mana Cost: {3}{B}

Power/Toughness: 3/4

Creature - Eldrazi Drone

Devoid (This card has no color.)

Whenever Kozilek's Fearmonger deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card.

Whenever an opponent discards a card, you may put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion token onto the battlefield. It has "Sacrifice this creature: Add {1} to your mana pool."

{2}{B}: Kozilek's Fearmonger can't be blocked by nonartifact creatures this turn.

Intimidate is no longer a supported keyword: it's been replaced by menace. I recommend you change that. Otherwise, this is a pretty powerful card, one that I enjoy. Definitely a build-around-me rare.

While technically true, I do like Intimidate for this purpose. The main reason why Intimidate was downgraded was because it usually made the cards too swingy based on the colors the opponent was playing. Devoid creatures don't have that problem, because they don't have any colors to share - the only things that can block a colorless creature with intimidate are artifact creatures. (Colorless creatures don't "share a color" with other colorless creatures.)

Of course, the ability can just be changed to "2B: [cardname] can't be blocked by nonartifact creatures this turn."

Overall, I like the card.

Archived