The New Age Beyond (PROLOGUE WORKS / HIGHLY WIP)

Makο

Bouncing off of old ideas, I've began the official creation of a universe I'm sticking with. So far, I've begun transcribing some very early history in non-specifics, and hope to go far with it.

I'll be adding to the following as I write more of it, but for now, this is what I got.

[spoiler=that title is also super wip]
(current date: m3.c4.y112.i43)

The Age before all Ages.

m0.c0.y0.i0

The six Mighty World-Bearer Vessels entered this galaxy two millennium ago, holding all that we know in their stores. Six vessels carrying six million individuals, almost all locked in a deep slumber. Six vessels carrying all that might be needed to begin anew. Six vessels devoid of any knowledge from whence they came: the vessels Carina, Fornax, Leo, Cetus, Tucana, and Lundmark.

As legends tell, Carina was the lead vessel, with the only awakened passengers. It lead the ships through nebulas and around stars, guiding the other passengers on all vessels as they began to awake. They managed the distribution of resources amongst the vessels, and created the hierarchies that exist in the modern ages. The individuals inhabiting Carina are charismatic and perceptive, able leaders if any might know.

On vessel Fornax laid dormant many powerful furnaces of creation, scientific labs, and manufacturing facilities. Upon awakening, those aboard Fornax performed maintenance on the other vessels, many of whom were in dire need of repair. They designed many tools to help them in this task. The inhabitants of Fornax are industrious and patient, craftsmen and scientists, repairmen and innovators.

On vessel Leo laid many bio-domes containing several hundred unique species of fauna, many of which were fit for consumption. Upon awakening, the inhabitants of Leo found their niche in tending to the fauna, helping them grow and flourish beyond what they knew, as well as preparing them for the plates of those aboard the other vessels. The inhabitants of Leo are tender, yet firm, and thrive around both life and death.

On vessel Cetus laid dormant many large machines of war, accompanied by small arms and carefully crafted powered armor to match. Upon awakening, the inhabitants of Cetus took up arms and acted as mediators for the other vessels, providing security against the rowdy passengers and keeping a constant watch for any potential threat in the void of space, be they alien or asteroid. The inhabitants of Cetus are stern and loyal, wavering in the face of no threat, and a solid rock on which all may stand.

On vessel Tucana laid bountiful structures of wondrous beauty, spiraling in and about the vessel in glory. Sculptures and paintings lined the walls of the interior, soft and rowdy music filled the air, words on paper lined vast collections, and interactive mediums of leisure occupied many's time. Upon awakening, the inhabitants of Tucana took up the pen, brush, chisel, or interface, immediately creating new works for others to enjoy whilst recording scenes from a new age. The inhabitants of Tucana are creative and joyful, taking pride in their works and sharing them with others.

On vessel Lundmark laid complex and broad historical archives, curiously devoid of any recollection of ages past, yet seemingly expectant of the history of ages to come. Upon awakening, the inhabitants of Lundmark took to their own pens and interfaces, immediately beginning to fill their esteemed archives with the information of the new age, along with gleaming what they could about the times of old. The inhabitants of Lundmark are thoughtful and deeply intelligent, thorough and dedicated to their task.

I've decided to add some more details on what the actual plot of the story will be, at least in this one instance. I just need time to compile it alongside the prologue works.

Archived