Anciet Gear Golem vs. Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon

AncientGearGolemSD10-EN-C.jpg

Pro's:

- If it attacks, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap cards untill the End of the Battle Step.

- Inflicts Piercing damage.

Con's:

- Cannot be Special Summoned, which is a real problem to get him out fast.

AncientGearGadjiltronDragonSD10-EN-UR.jpg

Pro's:

- Like Ancient Gear Golem, if it attacks, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap cards untill the End of the Battle Step.

- Unlike Ancient Gear Golem, it can be Special Summoned.

Con's:

To gain the 2nd, 3rd and 4th effect, you have to offer gadgets for it. Why? Tribute Summoning a 7+ Monster with contain monsters required takes way too long, especially in this meta.

So which one is the best according to you?

To me, it's personally Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon since it can be get out very fast.

And before you say they both suck, think Mausoleum of the Emperor/Ancient Gear Castle

In before DaD.

Yes, we know... DaD blows everything away. Stop talking about it please.

because of the fact is special summonable its superior

Because Special Summoning a 3000 ATK beatstick with build in protection when it attacks is defined not good.

Oh wait...

1 thing tho maybe running one of theese on an oppression gadjets deck for a good beatstick due to the fact your opponent wont really be able to get much out?

No...

It's optional effects sucks because they require to tribute the gadgets, which people don't want to.. Only It's first effect is good and where I care about.

Gadjiltron Dragon's support: Gadgets, all other Ancient Gear support.

Golem's support: Magic Gear (OCG), Ultimate Golem, all other Ancient Gear support.

Ultimate Golem is support for Golem because you can use Golem for the fusion, and when Ultimate Golem is destroyed, you can Special Summon him from your graveyard.

Ultimate Golem is strong, but if you make an Ancient Gear deck, it's better to base it around Normal Summoning the strong monster while using Royal Oppression. This way, you can still kind of Special Summon (no tributes, that's what it is about) while your opponent cannot negate it when Royal Oppression is on the field.

So let's forget about Ultimate Golem, it's kinda against the strategy.

If you Normal Summon them without tributes, Golem has more def points and 1 more effect, the piercing effect. So I'd say Golem is better, even without Ultimate Golem.

Also, look at it this way: Gadjiltron Dragon has to useless effects, the burn effects. The piercing effect is the only good one, and he needs to be tribute summoned to get that effect, while Golem has it built in.

Gadjiltron Dragon's support: Gadgets' date=' all other Ancient Gear support.

Golem's support: Magic Gear (OCG), Ultimate Golem, all other Ancient Gear support.

Ultimate Golem is support for Golem because you can use Golem for the fusion, and when Ultimate Golem is destroyed, you can Special Summon him from your graveyard.

Ultimate Golem is strong, but if you make an Ancient Gear deck, it's better to base it around Normal Summoning the strong monster while using Royal Oppression. This way, you can still kind of Special Summon (no tributes, that's what it is about) while your opponent cannot negate it when Royal Oppression is on the field.

If you Normal Summon them without tributes, Golem has more def points and 1 more effect, the piercing effect. So I'd say Golem is better, even without Ultimate Golem.

Also, look at it this way: Gadjiltron Dragon has to useless effects, the burn effects. The piercing effect is the only good one, and he needs to be tribute summoned to get that effect, while Golem has it built in.

[/quote']

Nice argument.

Yes, Golem does have the build in piercing damage effect, which is good due it's build in protection, but it's... well... too slow for me, since it cannot be Special Summoned and requires 2 tributes. Gadjiltron Dragon's burn effects do suck and the piercing effect is hard to get out, but unlike Golem, Gadjiltron Dragon can be very fast to get out on the field. And even without the piercing, it still has a build in protection for Spell/Traps when it attacks. I rather choose Speed Summoning rather than waiting to Tribute Summon a Level 8 monster.

But hey, both have good and bad sides and people like diffirent things. So I really respect your opinion.

EDIT: Also, I saw the effect of Ulitmate Golem and requires 3 Ancient Gear monsters to Fusion Summon it, and 1 of those is Ancient Gear Golem. It's an EARTH monster too, so no Overload Fusion. Powerbond or Poly (lol) are the only cards that can Fusion it. It will be very hard to Summon it ni the first place. Thank god, for it's build in protection when it attacks.

Gadjiltron Dragon's support: Gadgets' date=' all other Ancient Gear support.

[/quote']

Nice argument.

Yes, Golem does have the build in piercing damage effect, which is good due it's build in protection, but it's... well... too slow for me, since it cannot be Special Summoned and requires 2 tributes. Gadjiltron Dragon's burn effects do suck and the piercing effect is hard to get out, but unlike Golem, Gadjiltron Dragon can be very fast to get out on the field. And even without the piercing, it still has a build in protection for Spell/Traps when it attacks. I rather choose Speed Summoning rather than waiting to Tribute Summon a Level 8 monster.

But hey, both have good and bad sides and people like diffirent things. So I really respect your opinion.

EDIT: Also, I saw the effect of Ulitmate Golem and requires 3 Ancient Gear monsters to Fusion Summon it, and 1 of those is Ancient Gear Golem. It's an EARTH monster too, so no Overload Fusion. Powerbond or Poly (lol) are the only cards that can Fusion it. It will be very hard to Summon it ni the first place. Thank god, for it's build in protection when it attacks.

For Golem, he can still be Normal Summoned with any of the following:

• Ancient Gear Castle
  • Ancient Gear Factory
  • Magic Gear (Ok, that's against the Oppression strategy)
  • Ultimate Golem (Idem)
  • Mausoleum of the Emperor (Partly against the strategy, because he can Normal Summon his high-level monsters while you can't negate it, but there's still no fear for nomi monsters)

And for Ultimate Golem, he can also be Special Summoned by Future Fusion. Too bad that that card is limited :x

And it would not be too hard to use Power Bond on Ultimate Golem if you somehow get Golem in the graveyard and then rerturn it to your hand with Ancient Gear Workshop.

Archived