*IMPORTANT* Question

Ok, somebody asked me this question on this forum not too long ago. I said:

Why would you want to normal summon something when you can special summon it, then after use your normal summon to summon another monster, possibly giving you the advantage, but the answer to your question is no you cannot normal summon something if the card states that you must special summon it.

Actually if it says you can only special summon this card by______________. You can only Special Summon it. Some cards will have 'This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be special summoned...', but, as in most things, Konami realise that we get the jist (could be 'gist') of things after a while, there are examples to this, but I cannot think of them at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

A monster like Dark Necrofear must first be Special Summoned by the ruling on their effect. After it is Special Summoned in this way, if it is sent to the Graveyard, it can be Special Summoned by the effects of Call of the Haunted, Premature Burial, etc. It CANNOT be Special Summoned in this way if it is not first Special Summoned by its card effect.

In other Words:

Step 1: Special Summon it with its effect.

Step 2: Special Summon with another card's effect.

Archived