Wichita Kansas Regional (April 5th) Rainbow Neos FTW!!!

Well my team (Knights of the Card Table) and I decided to take a 5 hour drive to Wichita for the regional on saturday. I was running Toon DAD, a very fast (not quite as fast as DD turbo) build, that has been showing potential, so I decided to rn it in a real tourny. Here is what happened, along with the results of the Top 8.

Round 1 vs Exodia Now

Game 1 He won the dice roll... I didn't even get a turn.

Game 2, sided 10 cards from my side deck started by setting MST face down, ended my turn. He activated Hand destruction, I dumped a neko mane king, and something else, drew my 2 cards, then his turn ended. I drew into a D.D. crow, so I just ended my turn, he brought out cyber valley, machine dup, drew some cards, played spell economics, Deminsion fusion brought back all his cyber valley, I crow his D Fusion, he scooped.

Game 3 (see game 1)

0-1

Round 2 vs Gadgets (I think)

Game 1 God Hand, didn't even need to draw to win...

Game 2 See game 1

1-1

Round 3 vs DAD

Game 1 God Hand, won so fast I wasn't sure what he was running so I didn't side... stupid mistake...

Game 2 ...Crush card virus sucks....

Game 3 ...Crush card virus sucks.... however due to a mistake by my opponent He had a jinvo on the field, then tributed it for a Destiny hero dasher, then tried to tibute dasher for himself (which is not a legal play) allowed me to start a comback even after losing 7 cards to CCV... however the turn right before I had game in my hand, he drew into his... oh well, maybe top 8 next time...

1-2

Round 4 vs Zombie Cockroach OTK

Game 1, we chatted for a bit while we shuffled, thought he was a nice guy... He brought out a bunch of stall Then used 2 solemns on me to drop him down to 2000, so I summoned stratos ended, he did nothing, ended his turn, I play heavy storm, he has 2 monsters, I summon snipe hunter, with 4 cards in hand...

Game 2, He stars out with a bunch of stall...again, I drop a DAD to the field, Stat that I am going to use priority unless he ig going to stop the summon, he reads the DAD then decides not to respond, I blow up his only backfield, a Solemn... he was kicking himself...

2-2

Round 5 vs spellcasters

Game 1 God Hand

Game 2 (see game 1)

3-2

Round 6 vs Treeborn frog... I really don't know

Game 1 God Hand...

Game 2 He sides in his entire side deck. sets a treeborn then ends his turn, A make a few plays attack end my turn, he bring back frog, tributes it for vanity's fiend, sets a couple back row, sings killing my monster. My turn I bring out snipe, call priority, then he divine wraths, with no special summons no snipe, no traps, and a 2400 attacker on his side of the field, I scoop.

Game 3 I trick him by acting like I am going to side in about 10 or so cards, so he starts siding again pulling some of his side out, I don't side anything, becase I have nothing to side against vanity's fiend. The game pretty much consisted of me attacking treeborn frog , then him bringing it back, tributing it for enemy controller then bringing it back again all in the same standby phase, then smacking my with my own monster. Darklord Zerato FTW ( I was lucky because I was just going to scoop if I saw another one of those vanity's...

4-2

Round 7 vs Gadget oppresion

Game 1 he gets oppresion, I see no draw power or trap destruction

Game 2 I side in some Royal decrees, hit one and that is basicly game for him

Game 3 Same as game 2, but Jinzo

5-2

the standings come out for top 8 winds up the Zombie cockroach guy dropped which dropped me from 8 to 17!!!!! I was upset to say the least....

Oh well, Here were the top 8 decks for this one:

1 Gladiator Beast deck (well I guess with as many decks rely on drawing cards a Herinklinos could wreck that)

1 Six Sam

1 Monarch/earth build

2 E-Heros Fusion (NOT BIG CITY)

3 DADs

The Championship match for 1st and 2nd were the 2 E-hero decks both running Rainbow Neos!!!

My team mate took the win, thanks to me forcing him to run 3 Puppet plants in his side deck.

This was his second invite with his E-hero fusions this season (and his 3rd top 8 )...

I seem to have a curse or somthing, and Every time I think of some good side deck tech and force it on my team mates, that is what has been ensuring them thier invites!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!

There are only 2 of us left without invites this seaon, and I don't know if I will be able to make it to the one in St. Louis, so I may not get to go this year :-(

Toon DAD? I'm intrigued. Post the deck list...

Toon DAD was an inovation of DAD that I created I still am working on it, but It plays like the normal DAD with 3 Allures, 3 D Draws, Armaggedon knights, dark grephers, jinzo, Darklord Zerato, DMOC, DAD D heroes and what not.

The difference is in the fact that I run 3 Toon Table of contents, 2 Toon Cannon soldiers, and a spell economics.

That is a 6 card difference from all other DAD decks, which in this meta is a lot.

The tables help this, having 2 toons allows for the hands that I start with one and a toon table, or two toon tables( have been lucky enough never to start with 2 toons) The fact that they can launch monsters helps me fill the grave at will. and with the spell economics, I can infinant loop Toon cannon soldier / Dimension Fusion / DMOC for an alternate win condition.

The Biggest problem is there is no traps in the deck.

Guest Chaos Pudding

E hero fusions won... :/

Yes' date=' E-hero fusion...

If you are a skilled player, you make make a lot of decks win, that most people think are bad.

[/quote']

No, it's just that everyone else who played DAD had pretty sucky builds. No proper player loses to E-Hero Fusion at a Regional level in this format.

Shadowpriestess of Ohm > Toon Cannon Soldier

Toon Table of Contents is useless if you draw into Toon Cannon Soldier, and Shadowpriestess's extra 300 damage becomes really attractive when you consider the fact that it turns RftDD into a 4000 damage burn even without something like DAD that would allow an attack for game.

E hero fusions won... :/

Yes' date=' E-hero fusion...

If you are a skilled player, you make make a lot of decks win, that most people think are bad.

[/quote']

No, it's just that everyone else who played DAD had pretty sucky builds. No proper player loses to E-Hero Fusion at a Regional level in this format.

My teammate can get out a Rainbow Neos out first turn almost every game, with his power to reset graveyards thats kind of hard to deal with for a DAD deck. You have to at least agree that, Graveyard resetting can be tough to deal with unless you have a snipe hunter or a Dark Grepher. And as for the builds, 2 of them where exact replicas of the Last Shonen Jump winners, minus the gold sarc...

Shadowpriestess of Ohm > Toon Cannon Soldier

Toon Table of Contents is useless if you draw into Toon Cannon Soldier' date=' and Shadowpriestess's extra 300 damage becomes really attractive when you consider the fact that it turns RftDD into a 4000 damage burn even without something like DAD that would allow an attack for game.

[/quote']

That is why I run 2 cannon soldiers, also it is not completely usless, it still thins out 2 more cards even if I draw into both my canon soldiers. I do not run RftDD in my deck only D fusion and 1 DDR. I understand that the extra burn is very, very nice. I just like that I can search and thin at the same time, my build is to hope that I can thin my deck out faster than every other DAD build. If I were to take out the Toons, I would not put in the Shadowpriestess, I would try for a different approach

You're all missing the big picture here.

SOMEONE WAS RUNNING COCKROACH OTK.

That's awesome.

It was awesome, till he dropped on me... I can't stand people who want to take an experamental deck, or a non meta deck, to a Regional, and then drop when they are not winning. I took a Yubel deck to the first regional that it was tourny legal and went 2-5 but I never dropped, because that is just being a jerk to the other players you have faced.

It was awesome' date=' till he dropped on me... I can't stand people who want to take an experamental deck, or a non meta deck, to a Regional, and then drop when they are not winning. I took a Yubel deck to the first regional that it was tourny legal and went 2-5 but I never dropped, because that is just being a jerk to the other players you have faced.

[/quote']

LOL!!! ALL THE REGIONAL was about EXPERIMENTAL DECKS!!!

otherwise there's no explanation why a e-hero fusion deck that runs RAINBOW NEOS has won the tournament... and the DAD decks has lost...

Archived