Pokemon Dark Destiny - Interest Check

Aman Indra

XmH8kjK.png

Note :

This is just an idea i had together with my friends on Reddit. Pokemon role plays are always fun and this offers a unique degree of classes and some creativity as well. I tried my best to make this interesting and a bit different. I hope you enjoy this idea and express your interest. So, time for the game :

[spoiler=Rules]1.) All YCM Role play section rules apply here.
2.) This is humor and entertainment, nothing to be taken strongly.
3.) The story and plot of this Role Play does not follow any Pokemon anime seasons or games except using and taking references from Orre Region from Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness and Looker from sinnoh.
4.) Each Character can only have 6 max Pokemon in the team with max number of 1 mega-evolutions and 3 Pseudo Legendary Pokemon.

[spoiler=Setting and Information]Pokemon : Shadow Destiny takes place in the Dahlan Region, a developed and popular region of South Africa known for it's extremely rich variety of Pokemon and it's scientific research department. The study of Mega-evolution has intrigued this region and trainers capable of Mega-Evolution are common sites. The Mega Stone's true connection and bond is still being studied with the process of how the Pokemon and trainer respond to the Mega/Key Stone taking prior attention. The Region is not short of it's controversies as criminal organizations and groups remain rampant in the region which has led to the bloom in the police and detective agencies around the world to lend help in this region. This region does not have any Gyms or contests, neither an Elite 4 or champion, all things competitive are settled in "Arena" which is a battleground for Pokemon with top Pokemon trainers getting their compensation for money or becoming an instructor for living ( Both very respected and high paying jobs). This region has become an tourist attraction for it's beautiful beaches and natural locations and the fantastic advanced research and the commonly found Mega evolution. The police department remains on high alert as news of a notorious organization are slowly spreading.

[spoiler=Plot]Up until 1 year ago, Dahlan region had been blessed by Mega-Evolution from it's early days however, the origins of Mega-Evolution in this region were fairly unknown. The legend goes around that a mysterious traveler came to the region imparting it with the first Key Stone and Mega stone. Green meteorites are a common site in the area and the rapid boost in temporary key stones can be found here. The region had adapted to mega evolution very well and each and every discovery by their Scientific department made headlines worldwide. Pokemon with exclusive mega evolution can be found here much to the intrigue of other regions and this also attracts a lot of negative attraction and activities from around the world.

Present Day : The present day situation of Dahlan Region is worse than expected, the region has been swamped by criminal activities and the illegal trade of Mega/Key stones have proven quite notorious for the overall well being of the nation. Many famous detectives and police forces have been recruited to aid this region as this region is supposed to be the pinnacle in terms of Mega-Evolution and Detective Looker of the Sinnoh region being in charge of criminal operations.

Team "Crimson" has taken over this region and has held the entire Scientific department hostage and is making progress in illegal and dark research and the Arena's of the region are now a money and illegal trade center of Mega-Evolution purposes. The sinister faces from other region known as Orre's team cipher, now in coalition with "Crimson" has yet again surfaced with some notorious plans for the region and the whole world.

The reporting of shadow pokemon in the area was rubbished by other regions and organizations after the resolution of Orre disaster but the continuous assaults and the threatening endeavours of Team Crimson, the known institutions and law bodies over the world has decided to request and employ Top trainers from various regions to help stop team crimson and the remaining part of Cipher forever.

You are one of the top trainers from an Established region ready to tackle the challenges of this region and end team Cipher's plan. You will be encountering different threats, face dangerous challenges and face the danger of "Shadow Pokemon" yet again, this time on a much more bigger scale.

[spoiler=Interest]If enough people find in interesting, this will be converted into an OOC and role play can start in early or mid December.

[spoiler=Protagonists Choices]You can play as the requested top trainer from any region of your choice but with clear reasoning. If you do, you are liable to play from any 1 perspective of the following :
1) Gym Leader : A reputed Gym leader of a region (create your own, no existing ones, relation to existing ones is perfectly okay)
2) Elite 4 : A member of the prestigious Elite 4 to help contribute to this cause.
3) Talented Trainer : A talented trainer from your region who has managed to overcome all gym challenges and has decided to travel to Dahlan. (with reasoning)

[spoiler=Villain Choices ]You can also enact and play as a Villain with evil intent, For Villain there are also 2 choices :
1.) Team Crimson General/Head : A high reputed general or head of evil team Crimson.
2.) Team Cipher Origin Head : A high ranked member of Cipher once, back to from crimson and do evils things and shadow cloning yet again.

[spoiler=Third Party]Being a Third party can mean a lot of things :
1) You can be a 3rd person/party with mysterious intent revealed deep in the plot.
.2.) A detective/ police officer in disguise to catch Crimson off guard
3.) A native trainer of Dahlan going out of his way to help his region or has his/her own agenda.

[spoiler=Protagonist and Third Party Features]Players enacting as a Protagonist or third party can enjoy 2 of these features :
1) You can possess 1 fakemon of your choice (pokemon, not yet made or created officially, not more than pseudo legendary level)

2) Each protagonist can have 1 fake mega-evolution of an official pokemon who has not yet received Mega-Evolution in games or anime. If possible along with art and the stat boost)

[spoiler=Villain Features]Members playing as Villains can also take into consideration these 2 features :
1) You can assign 1 Unique ability of choice to a single pokemon in your team which has not appeared in the game yet.

2) The level caps of your Pokemon will always be 5-6 levels above the third party and protagonist pokemon.

Each Player can only enact up to 2 characters each with no repetition ( example : 1 protagonist and villain character, 1 villain and 3rd party or protagonist and third party, if manageable, you are also perfectly fine playing 1)

Also, the battles that players lose against fellow villains and 3rd party will be counted and the characters who lose too much will be deemed as "captured" by Team Crimson and wont be able to do much until a specific character rescues him or he/she finds his way out of "Crimson" hands. The level cap for Protagonist and third party is Level 50 Pokemon while villains can get it up to Level 55-58.

So, that is it, hope you guys enjoyed this idea, if you want to give critique or suggestion or any query, feel free and it will be appreciated. Have a nice day.

Hello, Aman (^_^)/

I've been deployed to break it to you that with the current state of things, this RP is gonna have a rough time taking off at best.  There are a number of reasons behind this.

The one that stands out most is that there are already two other Pokemon RPs running, as well as one that apparently died out recently.  When a lot of RPs crop up about the same thing, they tend to struggle against one another.  Imagine a situation where an increasing number of predators try to chase the same prey, and that's what happens.  Kinda.  A better metaphor might be that it's easier to feed one person with a loaf of bread than it would be if it were three or four people.

Another important reason behind this is that you're very new to the RP scene and everyone knows it.  If people still don't know what you're capable of as an RPer, there's no way to guess how you may operate as a host, and a poor host will almost always lead to a dead RP.  You may want to participate in a couple more RPs and get some more credibility before hosting an RP :)

There are also a myriad of smaller reasons behind this, but if I went in and tried going over them all, this post would be far too long for before noon.  So I'm going to just leave you with the two big ones.  This does look interesting, but as I said back at the start, it simply won't work with the current state of things.

peace+out.gif

Exactly as Yui said. I will also add that fan RPs tend to go into redundancy much quicker than original RPs. I know because I've seen it myself. In the same respect though, original RPs don't attract enough people making it harder for the hosts.

So, I agree totally with Yui that you need to join a couple more RPs before hosting your own. I'm willing to help you as well if needed.

EDIT: The concept is indeed interesting, I'll give you that...

Archived