Avian Alliance Archetype (12/12)

Atypical-Abbie

Avian Alliance is an Archetype of Winged Beast-Type monsters with various Levels and Attributes. They focus on equipping themselves to monsters, very much like ZW, Inzektor or Dragunity. They focus on Synchro Summoning a lot as well, and is a monster only Archetype (mostly because art for Spell/Trap Cards is somewhat harder to find, but let's call it a part of their theme why not).

Their Tuners all grant bonuses while equipped, their non-Tuners have various other effects that benefit from having Equip Cards equipped to monsters and the Synchros have one effect that is un-related to equipping, one that is, and one that's protection by destroying an Equip Card equipped to them.

Their names are somewhat based around birds, as well as their art design. It's another image one, which I don't do often, so please take a look at the images as well.

[spoiler=Cards]

[spoiler=Main Deck Monsters]

FQnmp7V.png

You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster you control; equip this monster from your hand or your side of the field to that target. While this card is equipped to an "Avian Alliance" monster, the equipped monster cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. If this card is equipped to an "Avian Alliance" monster: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon this card.

mSrahTM.png

You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster you control; equip this monster from your hand or your side of the field to that target. While this card is equipped to an "Avian Alliance" monster, during your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 "Avian Alliance" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) If this card is equipped to an "Avian Alliance" monster: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon this card.

PNSa0Iw.png

You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster you control; equip this monster from your hand or your side of the field to that target. While this card is equipped to an "Avian Alliance" monster, it can make a second attack during each Battle Phase, and if it attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. If this card is equipped to an "Avian Alliance" monster: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon this card.

5l5851J.png

You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster you control; equip this monster from your hand or your side of the field to that target. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster you control; increase its Level up to the number of Equip Cards equipped to it. You can send 1 "Avian Alliance" Equip Card you control to the Graveyard, then target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster in your Graveyard, except "Avian Alliance - Brightspeeder"; add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Avian Alliance - Brightspeeder" once per turn.

jImejxU.png

You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster you control; equip this monster from your hand or your side of the field to that target. You can only use 1 of these effects of "Avian Alliance - Bravebeak" per turn, and only once that turn.
● During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Avian Alliance" monster equipped to this card, but its effects are negated and it cannot be used as a Material, except for the Synchro Summon of an "Avian Alliance" Synchro Monster.

● If this card is sent to the Graveyard while equipped to an "Avian Alliance" monster: You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster you control; equip 1 "Avian Alliance" monster from from your Deck to that target, except "Avian Alliance - Bravebeak".

EAQKy0K.png

You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster you control; equip this monster from your hand or your side of the field to that target. This card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each "Avian Alliance" Equip Card equipped to it. You can send 1 "Avian Alliance" Equip Card you control to the Graveyard, then target 1 card on the field; destroy it. You can only use this effect of "Avian Alliance - Wingblazer" once per turn.

z2O4DSy.png

You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster you control; equip this monster from your hand or your side of the field to that target. You can only use 1 of these effects of "Avian Alliance - Pondsploosh" per turn, and only once that turn.

● If this card is not equipped with an "Avian Alliance" Equip Card: You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster in your Graveyard, except "Avian Alliance - Pondsploosh"; equip it to this card.

● If this card is sent to the Graveyard while equipped to an "Avian Alliance" monster: You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated and it cannot be used as a Material, except for the Synchro Summon of an "Avian Alliance" Synchro Monster.

zKKCObK.png

If you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, but its Level becomes 4 and original ATK becomes 1800. You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster you control; equip this monster from your hand or your side of the field to that target. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Avian Alliance" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Avian Alliance - Soulsnatcher". You can only use this effect of "Avian Alliance - Soulsnatcher" once per turn.

ivvd89H.png

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by sending 1 "Avian Alliance" Equip Card equipped to an "Avian Alliance" monster you control to the Graveyard. If Summoned this way: You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" Tuner monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated and it cannot be used as a Material, except for the Synchro Summon of an "Avian Alliance" Synchro Monster. You can target 1 "Avian Alliance" monster you control; equip this monster from your hand or your side of the field to that target. You can only Special Summon "Avian Alliance - Proudlance(s)" once per turn.

[spoiler=Extra Deck Monsters]

8Xyu81j.png

1 "Avian Alliance" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Avian Alliance" monsters

If your opponent controls more monsters than you, this card can attack your opponent directly, but when it does so using this effect, the battle damage inflicted to your opponent is halved. While this card is equipped with an "Avian Alliance" monster, if this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy 1 "Avian Alliance" Equip Card equipped to this card instead.

TavN8v9.png

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can add 1 "Avian Alliance" monster from your Deck to your hand during the End Phase of this turn. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Avian Alliance" Equip Card equipped to this card to the Graveyard, then target 1 face-up Effect Monster your opponent controls; its ATK and DEF become 0 and its effects are negated. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy 1 "Avian Alliance" Equip Card equipped to this card instead.

0YVcKqO.png

Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card or monster effect on the field: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. You must control this face-up card to activate and to resolve this effect. "Avian Alliance" Equip Cards cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy 1 "Avian Alliance" Equip Card equipped to this card instead.

Good day,

Your archetype seems polished and well-made. It has consistent effects and stays true to the theme, which I like. Furthermore, the artwork is lovely. The OCG is spot on as well, Mr. OCG (unless I missed something). My only concern so far would be the negation effect of Thunderbringer. The way it stands, it can simply negate away without being flipped face-down by any effect. You would have to rely on the solemn cards or effect negation in general, which is quite specific and perhaps a bit too narrowed down. I personally feel that a once per turn (maybe a twice per turn could be interesting) clause is necessary to make this card fairer since effect negation is often the topic of discussion. Although, it is just a suggestion. I hope you are willing to consider it and you are free to disagree of course. Nonetheless, I enjoyed this archetype and I hope you will make more pictured archetypes in the future. 

Kind regards.

Good day,

Your archetype seems polished and well-made. It has consistent effects and stays true to the theme, which I like. Furthermore, the artwork is lovely. The OCG is spot on as well, Mr. OCG (unless I missed something). My only concern so far would be the negation effect of Thunderbringer. The way it stands, it can simply negate away without being flipped face-down by any effect. You would have to rely on the solemn cards or effect negation in general, which is quite specific and perhaps a bit too narrowed down. I personally feel that a once per turn (maybe a twice per turn could be interesting) clause is necessary to make this card fairer since effect negation is often the topic of discussion. Although, it is just a suggestion. I hope you are willing to consider it and you are free to disagree of course. Nonetheless, I enjoyed this archetype and I hope you will make more pictured archetypes in the future. 

Kind regards.

Oh, Thunderbringer is suppose to be once per turn, that is simply a mistake. I will fix it soon.

Archived