new Magician of Black Chaos Ritual, super overpowered deck guys

Valkyrus

It's busted because the ritual doesn't have a Hard OPT, and the ritual lets you sent materials from the deck. So you can just keep adding the spell and summoning more sheet. Plus adding ANY spell immediately on a monster you can summon for pretty much no effort is what got DMC banned in the first place.

lolno.

First of all, the first several cards are lacking the kind of hard OPT that they should probably have, and then a good portion of the cards in general shouldn't even have effects like that.

The ritual is a free Spell add-back, which opens up ridiculous extents of abuse, in combination with the cards you've made as well.

And oh look, it gets non-targeting face-down banish for battling any kind of SS'd monster, which works either turn.

The ritual spell makes it easy given it says 8 or more which isn't hard to do at all, and if you don't have a Ritual Monster (which is probably why you're using it in the first place for the first use in a turn), you get to send from your deck too, how nice.

The monster is basically your version of Magical Library that lets you add exactly what you'd want for every 3 spell-usages with no restriction of any sort. Hmm, no.

The next spell is basically a way to make a completely unaffected monster (hello mini-Towers) when you only have the RM and not its Spell. You really don't need the effect all the time anyways.

Are you literally serious? What the literal funk is Black Magic Attack supposed to be? Yay, get out any of the MoBC monsters, permanent negate all opponent's face-ups, and permanent removal of the card from literally any possible location unless they have a duplicate(s) of it on the field, which really isn't likely in most cases. At least you were somewhat sensible enough to give this card a hard OPT, not like it matters with such a ridiculously bonkers effect.

Yay, a free Spell search that doubles as a monster search if you decide to drop it with any of the other dumping cards instead and dumping another one of the abundance of BM spells you'd probably have in your hand, which, oh look, almost all have Grave effects, or let you search said monster so you can just grab it back after you RS the monster and then use it.

Posting this archetype only because it was deemed "extremely overpowered" by some DP player whose name I forgot. After he refused to help me and explain what was actually wrong with the deck I took my time to make some small fixes. Well, I may be losing my touch, but hopefully now it should be okay.

Given my lack of faith in the generic DP player and hearing this, I thought oh, it's just another stupid DP player, but after looking through your cards, I don't blame him.

It's busted because the ritual doesn't have a Hard OPT, and the ritual lets you sent materials from the deck. So you can just keep adding the spell and summoning more s***. Plus adding ANY spell immediately on a monster you can summon for pretty much no effort is what got DMC banned in the first place.

The sending materials from the deck can only be done if you control no ritual monsters, read the card again. After that you can only Ritual Summon the traditional way. So having hard OPT is unneeded.

And DMOC is an effect monster, a much easier to summon one compared to a Ritual. A Ritual requires you to have much more deck dedication and is much less splashable than an effect monster. DMOC was banned because of the loops it enabled and most of the spells that created the loops are now banned. It is nothing more than a gimmick.

lolno.

First of all, the first several cards are lacking the kind of hard OPT that they should probably have, and then a good portion of the cards in general shouldn't even have effects like that.

The ritual is a free Spell add-back, which opens up ridiculous extents of abuse, in combination with the cards you've made as well.

And oh look, it gets non-targeting face-down banish for battling any kind of SS'd monster, which works either turn.

The ritual spell makes it easy given it says 8 or more which isn't hard to do at all, and if you don't have a Ritual Monster (which is probably why you're using it in the first place for the first use in a turn), you get to send from your deck too, how nice.

The monster is basically your version of Magical Library that lets you add exactly what you'd want for every 3 spell-usages with no restriction of any sort. Hmm, no.

The next spell is basically a way to make a completely unaffected monster (hello mini-Towers) when you only have the RM and not its Spell. You really don't need the effect all the time anyways.

Are you literally serious? What the literal f*** is Black Magic Attack supposed to be? Yay, get out any of the MoBC monsters, permanent negate all opponent's face-ups, and permanent removal of the card from literally any possible location unless they have a duplicate(s) of it on the field, which really isn't likely in most cases. At least you were somewhat sensible enough to give this card a hard OPT, not like it matters with such a ridiculously bonkers effect.

Yay, a free Spell search that doubles as a monster search if you decide to drop it with any of the other dumping cards instead and dumping another one of the abundance of BM spells you'd probably have in your hand, which, oh look, almost all have Grave effects, or let you search said monster so you can just grab it back after you RS the monster and then use it.

Given my lack of faith in the generic DP player and hearing this, I thought oh, it's just another stupid DP player, but after looking through your cards, I don't blame him.

I'd seriously like to see this deck go up against the best tournament deck on DP and see if it actually does something against it. Since running a lot of spells is the deck's thing, it only gives you room for the ritual and Dark Magician as bosses (if you want to run Yra, you need a shitload of spells in the deck).

Perhaps I should've just made supreme fetch "Black Magic" spells, but of course, I guess the notion of a powerful spell that requires a dedicated condition is a taboo of some sort as well.

Archived