Benevolent Balance Mage

KwezjJY.jpg

3 level 2 monsters

Must be Xyz Summoned and cannot be Summoned by other ways. During either players turn, when your opponent would activate a card or effect, detach 1 Xyz material from this card and pay half your LP: the card or effect resolves normally. When this card has no Xyz materials, it gains 5000 ATK and DEF and is unaffected by other card effects.

Started as a joke card and morphed into this. Can't think of many practical applications for it but wanted to make it anyway because the idea appealed to me. It still has its effect rooted in the joke card beginnings which is why I'm putting it in casual rather than advanced.

Wow this card is OP, it can be easily summoned turn 1 by normal summoning Quillbolt Hedgehog, activate Machine Duplication to special summon another 2 copies of it from your deck, and Xyz summon to obtain this card. Then next turn you can summon Plaguespreader Zombie (if you have 2 Hedgehog in your grave), and make another copy of this card lol.

This card's best friend is Chicken Game, since you have less LP compared to your opponent, you won't take any damage.

Wow this card is OP, it can be easily summoned turn 1 by normal summoning Quillbolt Hedgehog, activate Machine Duplication to special summon another 2 copies of it from your deck, and Xyz summon to obtain this card. Then next turn you can summon Plaguespreader Zombie (if you have 2 Hedgehog in your grave), and make another copy of this card lol.

This card's best friend is Chicken Game, since you have less LP compared to your opponent, you won't take any damage.

You pay life points not take damage, Chicken Race has no effect on that. That's quite a janky combo there to summon something that dies to everything in battle and has no immunity to anything effect wise.

Must be Xyz Summoned and cannot be Summoned by other ways. During either players turn, when your opponent would activate a card or effect, detach 1 Xyz material from this card and pay half your LP: the card or effect resolves normally. When this card has no Xyz materials, it gains 5000 ATK and DEF and is unaffected by other card effects 

Even if you had a combo to get 2 to the field in 1 turn, I'm not so sure its Op, it can be very good if played correctly though. I mean, it has to detach 3 materials, so you have to allow that by activating 3 effects (successfully decreasing a max lifed opponent to 1000 Life Points, and keep in mind Summoning monsters, and effects that activate when summoned will not allow this card to remove a material), this card doesn't even negate those effects so a mere Fissure or Baby Dragon could kill it. If anything it might be under powered, because you could easily use up all your protection Spell/Trap/Monsters before your opponent activates 3 effects, if they play smartly.

The only way I can see this card getting OP is if you use cards to detach its materials yourself, prematurely. So maybe add a drawback if you do that, or a limitation where you cannot.

I like it, but its a risky card and you have to be set up to take advantage of it.

Archived