Minimum posts to rep

YCMaker

I don't know if it's been suggested but...

My idea is gradual posts to rep by increasing post count:

1 rep = 50 posts

2 reps = 100 posts

3 reps = 250 posts

4 reps = 500 posts

5 reps = 1000 posts

I also think there should be a max of 5 reps in a contest ;)

No. It should be:

1 rep: 25 posts

2 reps: 50 posts

3 reps: 100 posts

4 reps: 250 posts

5 reps: 500 posts

6 reps: 1000 posts

Good idea, i'm sick and tired of having to wait several days to be able to give the reps that i want to give.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Is this a necro-bump? Or can I do it because this thread is second-to-top

Anyway, Post count shouldn't determine if you can give rep or not. It should be how long you are here for. Because spammers will spam for their post count - but if they still have to wait then they won't spam for it because it won't work. thusly eliminating a small portion of spam.

I suggest 3 months because...

greentick.jpgUser will be experienced

greentick.jpgUser will know the rules

greentick.jpgUser will understand rep

No, since people can actually understand a site within 5 minutes if they have any common sense.

And on the other hand, there could be total idiots who could be on the site for a year and still be an idiot, and could give out pointless reps to people.

Having a certain rep count would be more effective than just a certain number of posts, or a length of time on the site.

No' date=' since people can actually understand a site within 5 minutes if they have any common sense.

And on the other hand, there could be total idiots who could be on the site for a year and still be an idiot, and could give out pointless reps to people.

Having a certain rep count would be more effective than just a certain number of posts, or a length of time on the site.

[/quote']

Number of reps is stupid. Someone could be epic win with graphics but are completely unsure on how the site works but would have +rep for graphic designing help.

Thusly, a lot of spam rep would be thrown around

And being around for a month would be any better?

I can think of a key example form when I first joined, a member named pupil.

He was around for about 4 months, but was a complete idiot the entire time. I think he was banned 2 or 3 times, mostly for spamming.

And as for your example about why reps would be a bad idea, I have 2 things to say. First of all, it's highly unlikely that you'll ever find anyone that is "epic win" at GFX, and is a complete spammer. But assuming there is such a person, he'd still receive negs from a large amount of members, that would cancel out the positive reps he'd get as payment for his GFX.

Archived