Legislation Restricting the Sale of Mature Video Games to Minors

Chaos Pudding

Guest Chaos Pudding

Resolved (because Matt can't understand it any other way...): It is the guardian's responsibility to regulate the actions of their dependents, provided that proper information is given to the guardians.

Whereas, video games haven't consistently been shown to increase aggression.

Whereas, most lawmakers who propose such legislation are totally and irreparably ignorant to the actual content of the games which they feel should be restricted.

Discuss.

Guest Chaos Pudding

It is the guardian's responsibility to regulate the actions of their dependents' date=' provided that proper information is given to the guardians.

Discuss.

[/quote']

Uhm...

Don't we have this through the ESRB? "M" games can only be bought by persons 17+.

No. There is no legislation saying that you cannot buy M-rated games if you are under 17.

It is the guardian's responsibility to regulate the actions of their dependents' date=' provided that proper information is given to the guardians.

Discuss.

[/quote']

Uhm...

Don't we have this through the ESRB? "M" games can only be bought by persons 17+.

No. There is no legislation saying that you cannot buy M-rated games if you are under 17.

Then I'm only going to ask that you put it in resolution form, so I can get what you're trying to say better. =p

Guest Chaos Pudding

Discuss.

[/quote']

Uhm...

Then I'm only going to ask that you put it in resolution form, so I can get what you're trying to say better. =p

Done. Now do you get it?

Discuss.

[/quote']

Uhm...

Done. Now do you get it?

Parents make the decisions about games, not companies?

Is that right?

Guest Chaos Pudding

Discuss.

[/quote']

Uhm...

Done. Now do you get it?

Parents make the decisions about games, not companies?

Is that right?

Close. I could care less if a company doesn't want to sell a mature game to a minor. It's when the government pokes their head in that I get upset.

Guest Chaos Pudding

I believe M rated games glamorize Violence and Profanity' date=' and should not be sold to people who are at the age where this would impact them.

[/quote']

I agree. What I don't agree with is the government making that decision for the parents. It is up to them if they want to screw up their children by not paying attention to what they are playing.

I believe M rated games glamorize Violence and Profanity' date=' and should not be sold to people who are at the age where this would impact them.

[/quote']

I agree. What I don't agree with is the government making that decision for the parents. It is up to them if they want to screw up their children by not paying attention to what they are playing.

Totally true. Its terrible to see such liberal views being done when the world itself needs to be paid attention to in other areas that need aid like education, the economy, etc.

Guest Chaos Pudding

[/quote']

Totally true. Its terrible to see such liberal views being done when the world itself needs to be paid attention to in other areas that need aid like education, the economy, etc.

I actually have no problem with most of the actions liberals want. I am, after all, one of them. It's just when the government directly interacts with individuals in ways that restrict their freedoms that I get upset.

[/quote']

I actually have no problem with most of the actions liberals want. I am, after all, one of them. It's just when the government directly interacts with individuals in ways that restrict their freedoms that I get upset.

Just saying that things need to change for the good in an angle where it would actually improve a setting for peace and justice...not blind justice.

[/quote']

Just saying that things need to change for the good in an angle where it would actually improve a setting for peace and justice...not blind justice.

Which is why we all need to shut up until opposition arrives.

Archived