Legacy of the Duelist Duels that should have been.

Astro Dude

FlameDragon brought up a point that mt LotD thread was cluttered, sloppy, no place. So, as a show of good faith, I'm moving all my stories from there to here. Also, spolier tags.

Classic Generation:

[spoiler The Ties of Friendship]

INF-N8: After Yugi defeated Maximillion Pegasus, he ran off. The team went to search for him however, he was in his tower, which Tea and Tristan remembered. Pegasus kept his pledge and freed the souls of Mokuba, Seto and Grandpa, and he regrets not being able to restore his dearly departed wife, Cecelia. Suddenly Bakura enters as his dark counterpart and predicts Pegasus's Past, Present and Future, and begins a different Shadow Game. Yami Bakura wasted no words. Because Pegasus used much of his power during his duel with Yugi it left him weary and was defeated.

Yami Bakura: You are defeated. A rank amateur to one who has played for centuries.

Maximillion Pegasus: You've lived for centuries? What kind of creature are you?

Yami Bakura: I am the one who will posses all the Millennium Items, and I shall use their combined might to conquer the entire world. You have lost the game, and that entitles me to take your Millennium Item, the way you meant to take Yugi's.

INF-N8: Yami Bakura took Pegasus Millenium Eye. After which, the team learns of Pegasus's past and as they were about to head back, Yugi encounters a mysterious youth, with another Millenium Item. After an excursion into his mind, the youth sees Yugi will one day save the world. He introduces himself as Shadi and tells him they will meet again. Later, Mokuba had regained consciousness. Pegasus's attendant Croquette informs the team that Pegasus will not attend the award ceremony due to his recent illness, but the prizes he promised were to be handed out to their respective recipients. Along with having the souls of Seto, Mokubaand grandpa freed Yugi was also given a special card: The Ties of Friendship" a one of a kind card that was hand-painted by Pegasus himself as proof that Yugi is the KIng of Games. And he was also awarded a check for the $3,000,000 prize money which he gave to Joey for his sister's operation. Outside the castle, the Kaiba brothers were happily reunited and were on their way home.

Joey: I just thought of something. All the boats have left, so how are we supposed to get off this island?

Tristain: Gasp!

Joey: We gotta to hitch a ride. 

Tristain: Wait for us Kaiba

Yugi: And us too!

INF-N8: However, unknown to the others, Bakura holds the Millennium Eye in his hand.

Yami Bakura: Yugi has the championship, and Joey has the money, but I hold the real prize, the Millennium Eye and soon... I'll have Yugi's Millennium Puzzle as well.

INF-N8: but that is a story for another time. For now the story at hand. Grandpa is now out of the hospital and ready to go home.

Grandpa: ...So you saved me and became champion of the Duelist Kingdom Yugi?

Yugi Muto: I didn't do it alone grandpa. Everyone helped.

Joey Wheeler: That's right. Everybody pitched in. But he couldn't have done it without me.

INF-N8: As they got back to the game shop their conversation was interrupted by the sound of a little girl's voice.

Rebecca: Hey!

Everyone: Huh?

Rebecca: I've got something to say to you, that is if you're who I think you are.

Yugi Muto: What in the world?

Joey Wheeler: Who is dat? You guys know her?

INF-N8: The little girl approaches the group.

Grandpa: Hello.

Rebecca: Tell me. Is your name Solomon Muto?

Grandpa: That's right. And whom might you be?

Rebecca: Who might I be. I might be Rebecca. And I might have just arrived here in town, and I might have been waiting for you to show up. It's not nice to keep a lady waiting you know.

Yugi Muto: (snicker) A lady?

Rebecca: That's right. Are you saying I'm not a lady, buster?

Grandpa: Rebecca wait. What exactly is it you want from me?

Rebecca: My card back!

Grandpa: Beg your pardon.

Rebecca: You got my Blue-Eyes White Dragon, now give it back to me.

Tea: There's a slight problem.

INF-N8: The gang was shocked to hear that the fourth Blue-Eyes White Dragon card made belonged to Rebecca, but they could not tell her that Seto Kaiba tore her card in half. She insisted the card was hers because it belonged in a deck like hers which belonged to a true champion, like her.

Grandpa: You've beaten top duelists around the world?

Rebecca: Yup. I dare say I'm the number 1 duelist in America.

Tea: Aren't you a little young?

Rebecca: I'm eight.

Joey: Yeah... Inches tall.

INF-N8: Yugi remembered reading an article about Rebecca, saying she was a dueling prodigy. The situation however gets worse.

Grandpa: Why do you think your championship entitles you to my Blue-Eyes White Dragon card?

Rebecca: No, I don't think that. The Blue-Eyes White Dragon card should be mine because you stole it from me.

Yugi: Just wait a minute. No way! My Grandfather? He'd never steal.

Rebecca: That Blue-Eyes White Dragon is mine and if you won't give it back to me, then I demand the right to duel for it. Listen, Solomon Muto if I win this duel you give that Blue-Eyes White Dragon back to me.

Joey: What does it take to penetrate that thick skull of yours?

Rebecca: To the arena!

INF-N8: The group and Rebecca arrive at the Kaiba Land dueling arena, and Mokuba managed to get them a free arena as a way of saying thanks for saving him and his brother.

Rebecca: Nice Dueling Arena. A little small though. Okay Mr. Muto, are you ready to duel?

Yugi: He can't duel you. I'll face you instead.

Tea: Yugi?

Yugi: Grandpa was just released from the hospital this morning. He's in no condition to be dueling Rebecca.

Rebecca: Okay, then that's even better. Rebecca, the national champion vs. Yugi Muto, winner of the Duelist Kingdom in a clash of titans. Of course it's still ordinary him against genius me, so he doesn't stand a chance of winning.

Joey: I can't tell if she's just stuck on herself or totally nuts.

Yugi: Or maybe both. You guys watch from here.

Grandpa: Be very careful Yugi. She is strange, but smart.

INF-N8: The two get on their respective podiums.

Rebecca: Oh Yugi, sure you want to go through with this?

Yugi: I'm sure.

Rebecca: Okay, but it's be a lot easier to just give me the Blue-Eyes White Dragon. You're up against a genius you know? So let's get down to it.

Yugi: Let's Duel!

INF-N8: During the duel Solomon told the kids about his colleague, Arthur Hawkins, Rebecca's grandfather. He had a duel that was exactly like this. As for the result...

Yugi: I surrender Rebecca.

Joey: I can't believe it! Yugi's Givin' up!

INF-N8: Everyone except Solomon and Rebecca was shocked.

Tea: Yugi! Why?!

Joey: You can't just give up Yuge!

Rebecca: You mean I win?

Yugi: Yes, you win Rebecca.

Rebecca: Bravo! Yay me! Rebecca the Genius wins!

Tea: I don't get it. Why did you surrender.

Rebecca: I won, now gimme the Blue-Eyes.

INF-N8: Solomon had to comply and showed her the card.

Rebecca: You tore it, oh no! You destroyed my grandfather's favorite card.

Solomon: It wasn't me Rebecca.

Rebecca: First you steal it, then you lied then you ruined it! You despicable mean man!

Solomon: I treasured that card Rebecca, I would never have destroyed it.

Rebecca: I've had just about enough of your lies!

???: Rebecca behave yourself.

INF-N8: The voice belonged to Arthur himself.

Rebecca: Grandpa?

Solomon: Arthur? Arthur is it really you?

Arthur: It's been a long time Solomon.

Solomon: Far too long, my dear old friend.

Arthur: Rebecca, did you know Yugi was actually the winner of your duel?

Rebecca: No! Grandpa I won!

Arthur: Yugi, you're just like your grandfather. You're a generous young man and a very fine duelist.

INF-N8: Arthur checked the next card Yugi had drawn.

Arthur: I knew it. Rebecca, have a look at this card. It's a card called Soul Release. If Yugi had played this card in the final turn, you would have been defeated for certain.

Rebecca: You mean Yugi really never had to surrender. Then why?

Arthur: Don't you understand, Yugi wanted to show you that there's much more to dueling than just winning and losing, he wanted you to see that the weight of the heart of the cards is through your own heart.

INF-N8: Arthur explained that Solomon also sacrificed a victory to save his life during the time they were trapped in the tomb and as a result, he gave him the fourth Blue-Eyes White Dragon. And after his explaination of how cards can be the basis of any friendship and the Heart of the Cards, Rebecca felt awful about what transpired.

Rebecca: Oh Yugi, I'm sorry.

Yugi: It's okay Rebecca.

Rebecca: You mean you forgive me?

Yugi: Sure. here take this card.

Rebecca: The Ties of Friendship?

Yugi: Yeah. I'd like you to have it.

Rebecca: Thank you Yugi.

[spoiler The ESP Duelist]

INF-N8: After the business with the Rare Hunter, Joey went of on his own, looking for some dueling action. There he saw a duel that was just finishing up.

???: Rex Raptor you never had a chance. I knew you were going to summon Serpent Night Dragon. That's why I had my Mesmeric Control card ready to send your dragon to dream land.

Rex: That's impossible. How did you know what card I was going to play?!

???: Why that's simple, I'm psychic, Now finish him off Jinzo.

INF-N8: The mystery duelist defeated Rex, and as battle city rules stated, he gets Rex's locator card and the rarest card in his deck.

???: Which of you commoners can I embarass next.

??? (To himself): They all know my psychic rep.

INF-N8: The duelist then notices Joey.

???: You wanna duel?

Rex: Take my advice and stay away from this freak. He's Espa Roba. He duels using ESP.

Joey: You mean he's psycho?

Rex: No, psychic. He'll mind read the cards in your hand. He'll know what move you'll make before you do.

Joey: He beat you using mind control? Are you sure about that?

Rex: He destroyed me.

Joey: Then let's get started.

Rex: Weren't you listening?!

Joey: Sure, but I smoked you in Duelist Kingdom, so I'll take on this cosmic clown, even though he's psycho.

Rex: Psych-ic, and he'll eat you alive.

Espa Roba: Joey Wheeler... A-ha, it's you. The runner-up in the Duelist Kingdom tournament. I'd be honored to try out my dueling skills against you.

Joey: Ehehe, well I guess my reputation precedes me.

Rex: Yeah, your reputation as a fool, I tried to warn you pea-brain.

Espa: Let's get the steaks straight, I'm putting up my rare and powerful Jinzo card, but since I've already foreseen your defeat, I'll be taking your Time Wizard!

Joey: We'll see!

The duel starts.

Joey: You're finished, and this duel is over.

Espa Roba: He beat me...

Joey: It was a tough duel, now fork over your Jinzo and your locator card.

Espa Roba: No... I can't... PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!

Joey: What're you freaking out about? Just stand up and face defeat. Besides, you know the Battle City rules, I get to keep your rarest card. Everyone loses once in a while, Even Joey Wheeler blew a few duels in his day.

Espa: BUT IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE! PEOPLE COUNT ON ME TO WIN WHEELER!

Joey: We all have our reasons for dueling.

Espa: STOP! YOU JUST DON'T GET IT DO YOU?! Losing is not an option, I have to win at all costs. I must! I'm not dueling for myself, I'm dueling for my brothers!

INF-N8: Espa explained that his look brothers look up to him like a hero and if word of his reputation as a loser spread, they would be picked on by bullies again. Joey explains he knows what it like to be a big brother and offered his hand but Espa refuses thinking of this as an act of pity, unknowing that his earpiece fell out.

His brothers arrive and tell him they are proud of him because he dueled hard and without cheating, and it was a rather emotional ending.

Espa: Here. My Jinzo and my Locator card. You deserve them.

Joey: Thanks.

Espa: Look, I'm sorry about that cheating thing.

Joey: Ah, no worries.

Espa: You beat me fare and square. And next time we duel, I'm playing totally legit. No more cheating.

Joey: I'll hold you to that. You know, we're a lot alike Espa.

Espa: Huh?

Joey: You got your brothers, and I got my sister and my pals, and we're all there to support each other when we need it. As long as we got that, nobody loses.

GX:

[spoiler The Dark Scorpions]

INF-N8: As the threat of the Shadow Riders becomes more apparent, Duel Academy decided to get an expert detective on the case, a Detective Zaloog. Along with him are some other new arrivals.

Mr. Banner: You see Alexis, since three of the Spirit Keys have already been taken by the shadow riders, and the fate of the world rests on protecting the remaining four, the academy thought it best to call in the police.

INF-N8: The detective suggests they hide them. Along the way, they meet new arrivals, Gorg the Janitor, CK, a new transfer student, a new school nurse and Cliff, a security guard. A short while later Chazz's key is stolen, and not just his. Detectiva Zaloog is on the scene.

Mr. Banner: Detective Zaloog, what's going on?

Detective Zaloog: I rounded up some suspects. To help us get to the bottom of this most serious crime.

Jaden Yuki: Whatever, after all he's the detective right?

Chazz: Wrong.

INF-N8: Chazz had his suspictions. The others told them of important clues that were swept away, however Chazz figured out who did it. He pointed at Cliff, CK, Gorg and the nurse. and his card spirits served as witnesses.

Chazz: Maybe you can't see them, but I can. And I know they're behind this detective.

Detective Zaloog: Hehehe, you're mistaken, it's not just them. It's me too.

Everyone: What?!

Detective Zaloog: That's right. All of us are in on it. We are, the criminal ring known as...

INF-N8: Detective Zaloog and his suspects reveal themselves as...

Dark Scorpions: The Dark Scorpions.

INF-N8: They stole the keys, but to use them, they had to beat them in a Duel.

Chazz: Got that right, so let's go Shadow Rider.

Don Zaloog: This can't be, we can't lose.

INF-N8: Don Zaloog's shadow charm lost it's power and the Dark Scorpions returned to the Duel Spirit realm. And Chazz has some new roommates.

Chazz: Well guys, guess that's one less Shadow Rider, we have to worry about.

[spoiler The Lying Legend]

INF-N8: It was another day at Duel academy. Class was underway and the students were learing about dueling legends. One in particular: Abidos III, a powerful pharaoh. After a little roughhousing Jaden, Syrus and Chazz got detention. After they got out...

Syrus: I spend more time in detention than I do in class. My mom is not gonna be happy about this. At least things can't get any worse.

INF-N8: Suddenly mummies appeared and they demanded the spirit key. Then a boat appeared from the sky. Jaden finds himself, Chazz, Syrus, Zane, Alexis and Prof. Banner on the same boat as him, a golden boat floating in the sky.

Zane: Welcome back Jaden.

Jaden: What the, Professor.

Banner: Those mummies found me and brought me here. That spirit key I had must have lead them to me.

Jaden then meets their captor: Abidos III himself.

Jaden: Hey! What's the big idea?

Abidos III: That's not how one should address an Egyptian Pharaoh.

Jaden: Egyptian Pharaoh.

Chazz: He looks just like the picture Banner showed us in class today.

Alexis: Abidos.

Abidos: You'd make a fine palace girl, my beautiful dove.

Alexis: The name's Alexis, you masked weirdo. Now what's going on?

Zane: He's a Shadow Rider, After those sacred beasts like the rest.

Chazz: And it seems like the punk's got us outnumbered.

Abidos: That's right. So just leave your keys and walk away. You don't want to duel me.

Jaden: I do! Over here! Please pick me! Come on, and let me show you how we duel in the 21st century.

Abidos: You can't talk to me like that!

Zane: Jaden, you realize this will be a Shadow Game.

Alexis: He's right. Your soul's on the line.

Syrus: And this guy's undefeated.

Jaden: Not for long, I mean, once I defeat him, I'll be the legend, so get your game on.

Abidos: My game is always on. Now prepare yourself Key Keeper, for-

Chazz: Yeah, yeah, yeah! We get it. Not our first Shadow Game exactly! Catch!

INF-N8: Chazz threw Jaden a Duel Disk.

Syrus: Hey, that duel disk looks just like mine.

Jaden: All right! time to throw down!

Jaden and Abidos: Duel!

INF-N8: It was revealed that Abidos was not as strong as he lead Jaden and the others to believe, but Jaden gave him a real fight, to the bitter end.

Jaden: That's game. And a pretty good one too. You got moves.

Alexis: Yeah, but not like Jaden's.

Syrus: Abidos doesn't look so hot.

Jaden: Hey, what's the matter?

Abidos: I used to think I was the best duelist of all time. But now I know I need a lot of practice if I want to be a true dueling legend.

Jaden: Hey any time.

INF-N8: With that Abidos departs to the next life, and leaves Jaden a souvenir.

Jaden: Jaden the Legend Slayer. I like the sound of that.

Banner: Good Jaden, because soon you will get the chance to truly earn it. Soon you will face, your true test.

5d's

[spoiler Clash of the Dragons]

INF-N8: After the fall of the Arcadia Movement and Sayer, Akiza was rushed over to the local hospital while she was in a coma. Hearing this, her parents, her father a local senator, rushed over. Since Akiza left their home and was found by the Arcadia Movement, they felt guilty about how they treated her daughter for more than 8 years and how she was treated by other people. The doctor explains to them that even though Akiza is all right physically, she refuses to wake up due to the fact of an emotional trauma.

Luna: We gotta help. If there's something wrong the doctors can't fix, maybe we can use our signer powers, like with telepathy or something. Would that work Jack?

Jack Atlas: If the doc's right, and she's got some sort of broken heart, it's gonna take a lot more than telepathy. She needs someone who knows the true Akiza. Sayer's gone and vanished, so I'm afraid we're out of options. Unless he might help her.

INF-N8: Jack suggests to Akiza's parents that a man named Yusei Fudo might help her.

Meanwhile Yusei had problems of his own to deal with, but Blister informed him that the Dark Signers paid a visit and of Akiza's predicament, but Yusei was hesitant. Suddenly, Akiza's father dropped by. He told him her backstory and begs Yusei to help Akiza. With some encouragement from Martha, Yusei decides to help. He arrives at the hospital and wakes her up. When she does, she sees her parents, and, well, let's just say, the reunion was not a happy one...

Akiza Izinski: What are THEY doing here?! In case you didn't know I've got a new family! Sayer's all I need now!

INF-N8: Suddenly, Akiza remembers Sayer falling into a dark pit.

Akiza Izinski: I remember. He fell didn't he? Into that glow... but he was all, all I had left. He was more a father to me than you ever were. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!

Yusei Fudo: It was the Dark Signers--

Akiza Izinski: STAY OUT OF THIS YUSEI! THAT STRANGER OVER THERE RUINED MY LIFE! Where am I supposed to go now? There's nothing left for me but a home in ruin, and another father that's missing. If you're trying to erase the past don't bother! I HAVE ALREADY FORGOT ABOUT THEM! And now I think I'll erase YOU from my memories as well!

Yusei Fudo: I know this is hard to take in, but if you need to duel to find out who your friends are, then I'm right here.

Akiza Izinski: Ugh! Freinds? You mean like you Signers?! From the moment I met you I've had my life completely torn apart. Thanks to that thing on my arm! And that's no one's fault, but your own!

Yusei Fudo: Akiza, please let us help you!

Akiza Izinski: You all want to destroy my life! Well I won't let that happen!

Yusei Fudo: It looks like there's only one way to protect your family, and prove that we're all trying to help you.

Akiza Izinski: Duel, huh? I thought that you'd never were gonna ask me. Now I'll get rid of you once and for all.

Yusei Fudo: Akiza, the only time I ever got through to the real you was during our duel. So this is for you.

Akiza Izinski: Let's duel!

Aftermath:

INF-N8: Nearing the duels end Akiza's power was going out of control, which was the problem. According to Yusei she had no idea how to control her power. She noticed her father was taking in so much pain, and just wanted the duel to stop. As she noticed her father was about to get hit by a blunt object, she finally gained control over her powers. After years of ridicule, hatred and anger, Akiza's eyes filled with tears as she finally opened up.

Akiza: Yusei please, finish this. End this duel. I don't want to fight anymore.

Yusei: The curse of the Black Rose ends now!

INF-N8: The duel was over. Akiza finally forgave her parents, and had decided to make up for all the wrongs she had caused. But before she could do that, first thing was first.

Yusei: Akiza, Listen, you and your parents have a lot of catching up to do, but we signers could really use you around too. What do you say? Will you fight with us? Will you take a stand alongside your friends.

Akiza: You got it Yusei.

INF-N8: She got her father's approval, and the Black Rose was now nothing but a bad memory.

He said it was basically a fanfic, sooooo.....

Archived