Endgame RP [OOC/PG-16/Not Started/Limited Acceptance]

~~Although this RP is based on the series 'Endgame' by James Frey, you do NOT have to have read the books to understand it or take part in it. Despite the basic concept remaining, we will have a different storyline.~~

This is Endgame.

Twelve ancient cultures were chosen millennia ago to represent humanity in Endgame, a global game that will decide the fate of humankind. Endgame has always been a possibility, but never a reality…until now. Twelve meteorites have just struck Earth, each meteorite containing a message for a Player who has been trained for this moment. At stake for the Players: saving their bloodline, as well as the fate of the world. And only one can win.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whatever will be, will be. The game of life, the Endgame has begun. Since the beginning of humanity, players have waited for it, passed their knowlegde on to their children and grandchildren, the next players and continued to wait, for hundreds and hundreds and hundrets of years, but never expected it to happen. Now the time has come. Endgame has begun.

Endgame is the game of life, the game itself is the game of death, the award is eternity. No one knows, except the players. No one will know until it is too late. Until the End has begun. Until one has won. Or the game ended. Whatever will be, will be.

The players will decide who lives and who dies. The players, children of their bloodlines, between the ages of thirteen and twenty. Trained for combat, survival and solving riddles. Ready to fight for their lines, but never expected they would have to.

Endgame has begun. No one knows the rules, because there are none. No one knows what will happen. No one will know, except the players. Riddles will be solved, battles will be won, enemys will be killed.

To all of the players out there, Endgame has begun. Come to The Calling. Play, Live, Love, Fight, Pray, Kill. Endgame is the game of Life. The award is eternity. Whatever will be, will be.

[spoiler=Setting]Endgame is the game that will decide who will survive the apocalypse. There are twelve players, one each from the twelve bloodlines. They are challenged to find three 'keys', the Earth Key, the Sky Key and the Sun Key. The first one to have all three is the winner and only the members of his or her bloodline will survive the apocalypse, called the Event.

Humanity as large does not know anything about Endgame, despite all of them belonging to one line. It is usually one broader family, who knows of Endgame and keeps passing the knowledge through their generations and train their players, hiding their activity from the rest of the world, fearing to be labeled as maniacs.

Those players have been trained excessivly in combat, both hand-to-hand and weaponary, as well as in survival, far beyond anything a normal human could endure. They also have a vast knowledge on different topics, what varies from line to line.

Apart from that win condition, there are no rules to Endgame. All available weapons can be chosen, alliances can be built and broken and interogation and torture are not out of reach either.

As the heralding of Endgame, twelve asteroids hit our earth near the homes of the twelve players, out of which they'll recieve a clue where The Calling, the official beginning of Endgame, will be held. There, they will each recieve a clue on where to find the Earth Key. Once the Earth Key is found, it will lead the player who found it to the Sky Key.

The game is overseen by the beings known as the keplers; The alien creators of the human race, featured as deities in almost any ancient culture and many of the modern-day religions as well. They possess technology far beyond human understanding and have been planning Endgame since they departed from earth millenia ago, also, they are the only ones who have full knowledge of the games rules.

[spoiler=Rules]1. Advance Clause

a. All IC posts require at least 4 lines of text, or roughly 100 words at standard formatting.

b. Posting in script format is forbidden.

c. Copy-pasting or “expying” characters without tailoring them to the new roleplay is forbidden.

2. My word is final.
3. No Powerplaying or Godmodding. You cannot travel from Beijing to Munich in five minutes.
4. No supernatural powers. Your characters are normal people from a normal world. Although there will be much supernatural stuff involved, the players won't be part of it.
5. Over the course of the RP, your character can/will die. If you don't want this to happen or cannot handle death scenes in general, this RP isn't really something for you.
6. If there might be a conflict among the RPers, we will try to solve it by discussing. If we can not, I'll always refer to the second rule.
7. Considering the limited acceptance, reserves are allowed, but ONLY if you are really willing to participate in the RP. If you are taking to much time for your App, your reserve will be canceled (I'll be asking first, though.)
8. If a Character becomes inactive over a longer period of time and their controller does not respond, he or she will be killed (the character, not the controller), not caring their current interactions. In the IC, this will be executed by a lightning strike or a stroke. The RP will be considered dead once all characters are dead.
9. Character creation rules:

a. This RP will have a maximum of 12 characters. If we do not get enough, we can get away eight or more, if so, I will fill the rest of the places with random NPC's.

b. Each character will belong to one of the twelve lines. I advise you reserving one of lines if you want to take part, if not, the first one that makes a finished app gets it. The twelve lines are:

I. Mu, 2nd Line (Japanese)

II. La Téne Celt, 3rd Line (Western Europe, American with European descend)

III. Minoan, 5th Line (Turkish)

IV. Nabatean, 8th Line (Eastern Europe, Arabian)

V. Donghu, 13th Line (Mongolian)

VI. Olmec, 21th Line (South American)

VII. Koori, 34th Line (Australian)

IIX. Harrapan, 55th Line (Indian)

IX. Sumerian, 89th Line (Arabian)

X. Aksumite, 144th Line (African)

XI. Cahokian, 233th Line (Native American)

XII. Shang, 377th Line (Chinese)

c. I will see if I allow characters apart from the twelve, if all those spots are filled and one wants to participate. You must have a really good reason and a really good app, through.

d. Only one app per user.

e. If an app is wrong in grammer, spelling or doesn't make sense or if I dislike the character in general, it will not be accepted. Also again, only the first one to make a finished app of a line gets that one. I can also reverse reserves, so everyone can have the line again.

10. The riddles and hints will be difficult to solve. It's not going to be as hard as those in the books, which I couldn't figure out by any chance. I'm trying to make them solvable, but not too easily. I'm saying this preemptively, because I don't want someone to complain about the difficulty.
11. As I already said above, my word is final.
12. Having fun is highly appreciated.

[spoiler=Terminology]The Event = The Players title for the apocalypse. It is a part of Endgame and only the winners bloodline will survive it. It is unknown when, where and how it will take place.

keplers = Also known as The Ancient Ones or The Gods, among other things. They are aliens who created humanity millenia ago and will now oversee Endgame. They possess technology far beyond human understanding.

The Calling = The official beginning of Endgame, where all twelve players will have to gather and where they will recieve the clues to find the Earth Key. The location is so far unknown, however, the players will be told via the meteorites.

The Lines = Another name for a specific race of humans. There are twelve of them and each one is represented by a player.

The Players = The contestants of Endgame. Combat-trained teenagers between the ages of 13 and 20, who have been chosen by their lines.

[spoiler=Character Rooster]
1. Mu: --- (---)
2. La Téne Celt: --- (---)
3. Minoan: --- (---)
4. Nabatean: --- (---)
5. Donghu: --- (---)
6. Olmec: --- (---)
7. Koori: --- (---)
8. Harrapan: --- (---)
9. Sumerian: --- (---)
10. Aksumite: --- (---)
11. Cahokian: --- (---)
12. Shang: --- (---)

[spoiler=Application Form]Name:
Line: (See above)
Appearance: (A paragraph with at least 4 lines, including height and weight. An additional picture in a spoiler is optional.)
Personality: (At least another paragraph of at least 4 lines regarding their disposition, and how they interact with others.)
Biography: (At least 2 paragraphs of 4 lines each, about their backstory and what they are doing currently.)
Weapons/Combat: (How does your character fight, do they use weapons or not, if so, what kind do they prefer, etc.)
Other abilities: (If anything noteworthy, such as supreme stealthyness or karate black-belt. Make it believeable.)

Misc: (Anything that does not fall into the other categories belongs here.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived