[Cherry Heart] A Murder of Crows

Makο

fbKpoi9.png?1

"Ok, look. I know not what you want from me, or why you are acting in such an aggressive way. But for the sake of the safety of the city, I cannot let this sort of transgression slide."

And then, Yuria pulled out a little metal trinket. She blew into it, and it made this horrible whistling noise. Then she heard more whistles responding. More than she'd want to deal with if each whistle was a person. Now, Eyla wasn't a thinker so much as a doer outside of battle, but if there was one thing she knew for a fact, it was that even against less experienced types, fighting any more than three people at once was a bad idea. Even if the guards of this city were all garbage fighters, going up against seven of them plus Yuria was simply out of the question. That said, what was she supposed to do now?

One option was to just submit. But then what? Knowing what little she did about how guards and their laws liked to operate, Eyla would probably get tossed into one of those jails and get no information out of Yuria. She could always run, but then she still wouldn't get information out of Yuria, and would have failed the person handing out this quest, even if he was a deceitful little man who was only in it for his shiny coins. There was always the option of just attacking Yuria, but...that was a bad idea for several reasons. To Eyla, the best choice was to stay in place, her only movement being to return her halberd to its place over her back, preferring to swap them out for the two swords at her hips for this kind of situation.

"You're sure you can't just tell me what you know then I'll get out of your life?"

x393wz.jpg

And thus, is how this tale went.

Mena, after a short discussion with Andre, learned nothing of note, as Andre only had vague knowledge on the whole matter. After a jug of beer and a few smithing pointers, she was sent on her way.

Eyla caught heat with the Yuria and the city’s guards, and after a short scuffle, was apprehended and jailed for disturbing the city order and assaulting a guard. Cherry Heart paid her bail.

Aubrey got lost, and was unable to find her way to Melodie OR back to Tracy.

With only Mena reporting back to him, and after hearing about Eyla’s arrest, Tracy figured it’d be for the best to cancel the entire quest before it got linked back to him.

The forgeries are still at large.

sippai.png

Archived