Border Tutorials --- 2 Borders Yet --- Must Have Photoshop/GIMP

'Right. This is my first tutorial for Photoshop, I'll teach you how to make several borders in it.

BORDER 1 - The Neatest

TUT-Scorpion1.png

Step 1: This is my banner.. I finished it and now I want to make a border. Never make a border before finishing the banner.

TUT-Newlayer-1.png

Step 2: Create a new layer.

TUT-SelectAll.jpg

Step 3: Now go to Select, then choose All. Or simply Ctrl+A.

TUT-Stroke1.png

TUT-Stroke2.png

Step 4: Then go to Edit, then Stroke. Afterwards, when the dialogue opens, set the setting to the above dialogue screenshot's same settings. Yes, the color MUST be black, don't change it.

TUT-Newlayer-1.png

Step 5: Make another new layer.

TUT-Stroke3.png

Step 6: Stroke again with the above screenshot's settings. The | after the 3 is me typing the number, don't put it.

TUT-Stroke4.png

Step 7: Stroke once again but this time with the above settings.

untitled-1.png

Step 8: Now set both of the layers' blending to Overlay, as shown above.

TUT-Outcome.png

Step 9: Ta-da! A magical border. For other examples of how the border would look like, see my sig. My latest banners usually use this border type.

---------------------------

BORDER 2 - Simple Black Overlay

TUT2-Kenshi.png

Step 1: Once again, I'm done of a banner and now I need to get it a border. As shown in the tutorial above, create a new layer, press Ctrl A or just go to Select -> All, then go to Edit -> Stroke.

TUT2-Stroke.png

Step 2: In the dialogue box, input the same settings shown in the screenshot above, but not 2 px, 3 px. I did 2 px by mistake, and can't be arsed to go and edit it. :P Then click OK.

untitled-1.png

Step 3: Set the layer's blending to overlay.

TUT2-Kenshi2.jpg

Step 4: Ta-da! The border you want is above. Mistaken? Maybe you set it to 2 px and not 3 px..

----------------------------------

Want more border tutorials, and more styles? They're coming soon.

Archived