So, after 12 years in the making (well, actually only few months from them), and finding out about TCGEditor :) I present you all my complete Matrix card set.

The set is not designed as a complete deck, as it contains cards of contrasting properties. I have tried my best to make the effects as suitable for the particular character or situation from the franchise, and I think I didn't do bad. I had some issues with costs, but it is to be judged by the collective ;)

The cards are sorted according to the particular theme they are associated with. The first is the eponymous Field Spell Card:

[spoiler=Matrix]

X2YX01Q.png

The theme is "Unplugging". At a small cost, any player can "unplug" their monsters from the field and return them to the hand.

There are backup cards too:

0g9gICg.pngwslka4t.png

Basically making the original more difficult to get rid of, and also enabling some later cards to use them.

Next up is the protagonist and his evolutions :)

[spoiler=Neo]

iZj3AJO.png4ki0VDG.png

First has the power to "escape", second to "evade".

xEM7QEd.pngWFnNOII.png

He's only getting stronger and stronger, hopefully not too much.

25pAg9O.png

This one is additional. By making him require "Matrix Revolutions", his actual cost of Summoning is 4000 LP.

7l1ffkX.png

Then there are protagonist's supports:

[spoiler=Neo Support]

3N3wzL6.pngj9h3hLp.png

Morpheus's Tuner Ability is required by a later card.

Now to switch sides, we have cards that have strict requirements for "Matrix" to be on the field. That's why their attack is higher.

[spoiler=Agents]

uw2mKOg.pngHM3eeis.pngLEWM3KC.png

Huh... upgrades. :D

fthpXJ2.png4Leab1i.pngiursegn.png

Moving on to other programs, and support cards:

[spoiler=Oracle and such]

V8J6ppa.pngtc8fvZQ.pngwlEhMss.pngYF3gZzs.png

[spoiler=The Merovingian and posse]

NLdGXS2.pngwDWbxBK.png2YEFnvd.png0lLDxcg.pngA4O41hq.png

[spoiler=Exiles]

apcEqnr.pngAKTnnwH.pngW3aGIuQ.pngRkdBSHj.pngDumgQpH.png

Next are quite possibly my weakest designs but I had no better idea what to do with these characters:

[spoiler=EnterTheMatrix]

er5IAx0.pngPisV4Vk.pngvaz27rq.png

Now we move on to big guns!!! :D

[spoiler=B.I.G.]

q9REVSK.png

He is one of the most intriguing characters in the franchise, possibly an exile from the first version of the Matrix (heaven) - hence "Winged Beast" type.

1 "Morpheus" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Cannot be Summoned unless there is a "Matrix" card face-up on the field. If "Matrix" leaves the field: Destroy this card. If your opponent's monster attacks: You can direct the attack to this card. Once per turn: You can toss a coin:

Heads: During this turn: If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing damage to your opponent.

Tails: Switch this card's ATK and DEF until the End Phase.

uYL2rpe.png

The Big Bad himself! With the power to absorb.

i5tK7DN.png

The Creator! He is a Divine-Beast for 3 reasons:

1. He's the creator of the Matrix in the franchise (so basically a god).

2. He is indestructible (except for monster effects).

3. He has the power to reach the banished cards, and "recreate" them.

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending all cards you control to the Graveyard (min. 5) and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be destroyed by battle or Spell/Trap effects. Neither player takes Battle Damage from battles involving this card. When activating "Matrix": You do not pay any LP. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Agent" monster from your hand, Graveyard or Banished Zone, OR: Add 1 "Matrix" card to your hand from your Deck or Graveyard.

Archived