Ratchet & Clank the MOVIE (OBVIOUS SPOILERS)

Slinky

14045_poster2.jpg

In all honesty, this movie is absolutely amazing. The movie critics seem to be hating on the movie for some reason.

[spoiler=Roughly first 15 minutes summarized. SPOILERS]

Basically, Chairman Drek and Dr. Nefarious (pre-robot) team up in a effort to destroy the galaxy. Drek is trying to take over Planet Aleera, where the Galactic Rangers subside, and use parts of it to build his own planet (a callback to the original game). To achieve this, as he has no forces, he frees Dr. Nefarious who has previously been imprisoned by Captain Qwark and is also supposedly dead according to witnesses, and has him build an army designed on destroying the Rangers. A defect "Clank" is detected, and is chased out of the laboratory where the forces are being made. Eventually he lands on Veldin, where Ratchet resides.

Meanwhile, while all this is going on, Ratchet tries out for the Galactic Rangers open slot, but due to his long rap-sheet of illegal things, he is deemed too reckless to join (Qwark points out that thats his job), and kicked out of the proceedings. When he gets home, he sulks for a while, when that night, Clank crash lands on his planet. After a series of references (including Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper), Ratchet and Clank team up to warn the Rangers of the incoming invasion.

The next day, Dreks forces attack Planet Aleera, drawing the Rangers into a corner. But then Ratchet shows up, and using a Magnebooster, he slings all of Dreks forces into their own ship, blowing it up. Upon completion of this, Ratchet is made an official member of the Galactic Rangers, and this is where the true story begins, and after some training they set off to defeat Chairman Drek, completely unaware that Nefarious is alive and well....

This is about the first 15 minutes of the movie. I won't spoil more than this. But I would recommend watching it, and I rate it a solid 8.5/10.

Archived