Camp WWE Series Premiere Review

ChLlcgmUoAgwOFT.jpg

After WWE Payback last night, Camp WWE premiered On-Demand on the WWE Network, and here are my thoughts on just the first episode, I will add more thoughts as more episodes become available

*Note: The Rock or Paige, even though shown in the title picture above, did not appear in the first episode.

I had low expectations because I didn't watch it with everyone else after Payback last night, I just watched it a little while ago and the majority of Twitter didn't really enjoy the first episode. I, however, really enjoyed it. The premise of the first episode is John Cena is home sick and wants to leave, Mr. McMahon enlists Triple H and Stephanie McMahon to convince John that going home isn't best. When that fails, he enlists Ric Flair, who is hilarious in this episode by the way, to try to get Cena to stay. However, Ric decides to hump everything from a rock, to a bear, to a tire swing all the while Wooo'ing. Cena runs off then Mr. McMahon drops Hell In A Cell over Camp WWE so no other campers can leave. Triple H and Stephanie try to convince the other campers, including but not limited to; Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Big Show, Roman Reigns, The Bella Twins, Stone Cold, The Undertaker and R-Truth, that staying at Camp WWE is the best thing ever. Triple H even lies telling all the campers that their parents died, which gets all the campers crying with the exception of R-Truth, who doesn't believe Triple H, and The Undertaker, who is only upset more people didn't die. Mr. McMahon goes on a manhunt for Cena, which ends with Mr. McMahon catching Cena while McMahon is riding a giraffe and Cena is riding a wolf. McMahon fakes falling and being home sick so Cena will go back to Camp WWE, which when the duo gets to the top of a ridge overlooking camp is on fire, so McMahon declares it Slaughter Time, in which Sergeant Slaughter rises from one of the buildings, firing a rocket launcher into the water tower, dousing all the flames, even the campfire Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns are using to roast marshmallows. McMahon then tells Cena his leg injury was just a work to teach Cena a lesson. McMahon raises the Hell In A Cell and then we close on McMahon giving all the campers back their care packages, saying he only took him because he thought the campers might leave.

Overall, I give the series premiere a 8/10, it had the perfect mix of comedy and vulgarity for an "adult animated comedy", half way through, Triple H and Stephanie were my favorite characters, til Ric came into the picture then I was rolling. Then the end scenes with Sergeant Slaughter was pretty comical as well.

Archived